John Gilluley

John Gilluley PRO

I have recently installed Premier 5.5 on a Mac Pro running Snow Leopard.

I also run F.C.P.7 on this Mac and use a Blackmagic Intensity video card to output video to an external TV monitor via HDMI. This setup still works fine in F.C.P. 7, but Premier does not seem to recognise the Intensity card exists. I am new to Premier Pro. Am I just missing something in the setup of the project? Premier's help files are thin on the subject of capture cards. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Video 4

Video 4 Plus

I have the same situation. Intensity Pro working fine on a Mac Pro with FC7 and an HDMI monitor but now I am working with Premiere and I do not see a way to route it to the Black Magic Intensity card. Did you ever resolve this?

Greg McCarthy

Greg McCarthy Plus

I am having the problems with the Blackmagic Intensity card on a PC with Premiere CS5.5. The time line stops playing when it reaches an edit point and I get a dropped frames error message. Interestingly I have no problems so far with After Effects. I am running the Intensity card on two different PCs both with CS5.5. They use high end hardware including the NVIDIA Quadro 5000 graphics cards and very fast hard drives.

Rob Fiedler

Rob Fiedler

Same problem here. MAC, running Snow Leopard. Premiere Pro 5.5 does not see the Intensity card. However, After Effects 5.5 sees it and FCP 6 sees it.
I have updated to the 3.9.4 driver. Premiere Pro still does not recognize the Intensity card.

Jason Myres

Jason Myres

Add me to the list. Same thing. 10.6.7 and FCP7, are fine with the Intensity Pro.... actually, they're absolutely fantastic. Trying out PP CS5.5, in order to do some training, and here I am on a forum trying to fix it already.

filmtriks

filmtriks PRO

Try installing Desktop Video 9.0 from BlackMagic Design.

Pascal Greuter - Photo & Motion

Pascal Greuter - Photo & Motion Plus

With Desktop Video 9.0 I was able to get a HDMI preview on my external TV from PP 5.5.1 on my Mac Pro SL 10.6. You have to choose a BlackMagic Profile for your sequence, then it should work. But I was not able to root the audio output to the line out of the Mac. Fortunately my TV has audio out so I can hear the sound from my TV (I just plug in my headphones) but it would be nice to choose separate video and audio outputs from within PP.

Innovate Media

Innovate Media PRO

Hey. I'm having the same issue as you. Just switched to Premiere Cs5.5 and am getting video out fine to the blackmagic but would love to switch audio output to the line out. The audio is crap from my TV. Did you ever find a solution? Thanks...

Ezany Brandão da Silva Júnior

Ezany Brandão da Silva Júnior

I have the same problem whit Black Magic Decklink HD extreme.
I'm using FC7 and After and I have the external preview in a HD monitor, but in premiere pro CS5 it does not work.
Have someone a solution please?

Brian James Griffo

Brian James Griffo Plus

Same. I edit out to an XD deck (Blackmagic SDI out) and cannot afford to have the timeline stop at various edit points as the footage is "live" slated with timecode at the head of the sequence. So, I have to sit for hours and watch it, make sure it doesn't happen, and if it does start over a real time dub. It is driving me crazy and wasting huge amounts of time. I called Adobe and got some Indian guy who had no idea what I was taking about.

Scott Frosch

Scott Frosch Plus

Yeah. Thanks for the Desktop Video 9.0 tip. I now have a monitor out. BUT I am running into the "timeline stop" issue at various edit points as well. Frustrating. Final Cut Pro has always played fine with the Intensity Card.

Mike Roberts

Mike Roberts Plus

having the same pp5.5 + intensity pro problem. Picture works but no audio... After effects works great.

Willem Scholtes

Willem Scholtes Plus

This is what i found at the Black Magic website:
-----------------------
When capturing and playing back, audio will be output from the card’s audio outputs. Most software will not pass the audio being captured, or played back to the system audio, or to a dedicated sound card.

This is because there is no way to keep the Blackmagic card and any other audio device in sync with each other, as there will be different latencies and timings between the two devices.

Blackmagic cards are designed to keep audio and video in sync as it is captured, and when played back. So your captured files will always be in sync, and when outputting from the card’s audio and video outputs you should not see any sync issues.
-----------------------

So if i understand correctly, my sound system has to be hooked on the black magic card, and not just my regular line out from my mac?

Thanks in advanced...

Ryan Bedell

Ryan Bedell

The stopping at various edit points thing is an issue I have too. Blackmagic support has tested my configuration and they have it too. Essentially, if you're editing AVCHD (which I am) then outputting at the same time is too taxing, even on a modern quad core, even with a Quadro 4000. I'm getting ready to try transcoding everything to DNxHD to see if that helps, but it seems to be an absolute limit of the hardware.

As to sound, yes, you do need the card connected to your speakers to hear the sound when you're outputting from the card. You can't route the audio through any other device.

Curbsyde Productions

Curbsyde Productions

Actually just selected turn off dropped frame warning in the playback settings and it isn't doing it anymore. There's a slight skip when it goes to a point it would have stopped but nothing major.

John Billings

John Billings

I'm trying the PP CS6 trial and so far my BM Intensity pro doesn't show up in the playback tab at all. I have the most recent BM Desktop video installed, but PP still can't see it on my system. Running WIN7.

Is this part of the trial, that the BM isn't supported?
Thanks
John

Paul Bunyard

Paul Bunyard Plus

Hi Guys did anyone ever resolve this issue? I have the same problem in CS5.5 it stops on broll ? take of the report drop frame and it works ok but lags?

Thanks

Paul Bunyard

Paul Bunyard Plus

Ok update its still happening even when I have deselected the report drop frame box.

P

Garfield culture

Garfield culture

your harddrive is too slow , i had the same problem and i upgrade my harddrive to ssd and am good to goooooooo ...tony star

Rock n' Films

Rock n' Films

my video project is on 380GB? 400GB SSD is f***ing expensive... any solutions?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.