Pixel Ivan

Pixel Ivan Plus

I know there were many people asked for the same question before, and I did read most of them. I am a Nikon fans with D300 and D7000, and also with 4 lenses. However, after I watched those comparing videos of D800 and mark iii, I found that mark iii looks much better in low light and the AA thing (can't remember the full name of it). If money is not what I concern about, should I get mark iii and buy few Nikon to Canon mount for my lenses? What you guys think?

JEL

JEL

I've been comparing those 2 cams also (not hands-on myself, but by reading and viewing info on the internet from various sources), and I made up my mind for the canon.

www.maurotandoi.com

www.maurotandoi.com

I bought D700 three years ago...and few days ago I bought 5d mark II instead III or D800.

I used D800 for two days (during nikon workshop)....amazing megapixel...but your pp workflow goes down! on my macbook pro 2011 (ssd+ 8gb) and noise visible at 630 iso (indoor shot)...and you must increase your shutter speed to avoid ...blur.. It's not an easy dlsr compared to d700

I suggest to you 5D MARK II ...or III if you take more sport photos or night video....

Dimitri Pippis

Dimitri Pippis

You can't judge a camera with reviews over the internet. I suggest get one and use it and see if its for you. I had both and the D800 is a higher resolution camera in video or stills. Yes, it does have flaws but so does every other camera. I don't think people need to shoot at 12,800 ISO and up thats not needed. If you need to shoot that high then use a flash or get some lighting.

Joshua Cahn

Joshua Cahn Plus

Canon DSLR are overall better designed and abled for video. I would go with the 5dM3. The Canon 5dM3 has an LCD with more accurate color, better brightness control, better lcd glass, and much more.

It also is much better in low light and has barely any delay when taking photos. It has way more focus points than the D800 among others.

JEL

JEL

As I said a year ago; I got the Canon 5dM3...

Now a year later I can say that camera is worth every penny :)
Most beautiful digital camera I've ever used.

Haven't tested the Nikon though, but the Canon has been flawless for me (with such amazing image quality and usability)
It's a friendly camera that works with you rather than against you. At least that's what the one I got has done to me :)

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.