Mikey Steven

Mikey Steven

Hello!

I'm looking to set myself up with a decent DSLR for the freelance industry primarily shooting documentary/sport format films and i'm in the debate of what to buy.

I've seen some awesome looking packages lately for the Mark ii with it's next gen's recent release, so currently im gearing toward the 5D however i'm just not sure...I suppose the only thing holding me back is the higher fps in the 60D and it's lower cost.

After reading these forum's as well i'm not sure whether to look into a video only camera like Sony etc...although I would like to have the ability to take stills as well but just not for the professional industry.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Mike

JEL

JEL

If I were in the market for a video-only solution today, I would pass on the DSLRs and look for a dedicated video-cam.

JEL

JEL

"Quick test, Canon 5d vs. XF100"

One user on the page comments: "I own a XA10 but use a 5D and a X100 at work. In my experience with the XA10 and XF100 is they are slightly sharper and have a better dynamic range than the 5D. The XF100s codec is superior compared to the 5D. But they both serve there purpose well."

Link: youtube.com/watch?v=RnsExMNsFDM

Mikey Steven

Mikey Steven

That's not a bad little comparison there, i definitely agree with his comments it does look slightly sharper and overall colours seem to come out nicer. Although for the same price I can get one of canon's L series lenses as well as a kit with the 5D, the XF100 also looks slightly cumbersome as well I want something easy to travel with, but yet again the 5D only shoots up to 30fps. im so stuck for this decision.

Thanks for your replies!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.