Phil D.

Phil D.

Oh dear... I can't transfer my files to Vegas Pro 8.0. It apparently can't read its .mp4 format... where can I get a codec? And when I watch the clips on another player than the EX1's default browser, there is no audio... I really need help!

thank you ever so much for reading.

Eugenia Loli

Eugenia Loli Plus

From what I know, Vegas Pro 8 does support the EX1 just fine. Make sure you run the official 8.0c version.

Perrone Ford

Perrone Ford

The EX1 files have to be re-wrapped for Vegas. Which is what the clipbrowser software is for. It's a free download from Sony. Common issue. FCP needs a rewrap, Vegas does also. You simply rewrap to an .mxf file, and all is right with the world.

Phil D.

Phil D.

you're right, by jove! But... on each exported .mxf there's a large "Main Concept" watermark on it. What gives?

Perrone Ford

Perrone Ford

Use the export for NLE option and you'll be fine. The other options are paid add-ons.

hajay

hajay

Oh dear... I can't transfer my files to Vegas Pro 8.0. It apparently can't read its .mp4 format... where can I get a codec? And when I watch the clips on another player than the EX1's default browser, there is no audio... I really need help!.when i press export, it shows ' CONVERSION ERROR. CONVERSION ABORTED' and later it shows 'condition failure- non real time metadata xml validation. please what can i do cos i need to put the clips in dvd for my project on saturday

Phil D.

Phil D.

I used Perrone Ford's "export for NLE" suggestion and it totally works. And I had exactly the same problem, hajay!

Phil D.

Phil D.

also, I think you should get a newer version of the EX1 browser.. the one shipped with the Camera sucks. Hope this helps! worked for me, and maaan was a frustrated!

Perrone Ford

Perrone Ford

Chris, you do realize this thread is *5 years old* right?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.