Paida

Paida Plus

I have by accident shot some material in 50 fps, and some in 25 fps, but it is ALL supposed to be in 25 fps.

How can I convert the 50 fps material to 25 fps NOT making it slowmotion?

When I just drag it into the timeline, it looks ok, but not optimal, the movements are a bit strange.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Unfortunately, that's the best you're going to get. It probably looks relatively jerky compared to the 25fps footage because there are twice as many frames per second.

Paida

Paida Plus

And what about deleting every second frame, would that help and is there any plugin doing that?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

I would not recommend deleting every second frame. I'm not sure if there's a good plugin for this, perhaps a google search would be helpful. Sorry about that!

Julian Öffler

Julian Öffler

premiere pro interprets your footage to any frame you like
hihihihi

Kenneth WF Zawlacki

Kenneth WF Zawlacki

If you just lay down a 25 fps shot before the 50 fps shot, and you tell Final Cut you want the project to take on the same settings as the 25 fps shots, you can drop the 50 fps shots in there, and it should be fine, but you'll have to render each of the 50 fps shots, though.

VercesiVideo Productions

VercesiVideo Productions Plus

If you import you 25fps first then import you higher frame rate clips FCP will use 25 fps for all your material I use this all the time without loss of any quality.

Iain Anderson

Iain Anderson PRO

A long time since the original question, but when you add 50fps footage to a 25fps timeline, FCP X will automatically skip every other frame for you. That's partly why it looks jerky. There is an option called Rate Conform in the Inspector when you have your clip on the timeline, but even the Optical Flow option found there won't do anything for a 50-25 problem.

RIVchannel

RIVchannel

You can use the Apple Cinema Tools and "conform" clips to other framerates. Cinema Tools comes in installation package with FCP.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.