Stephen Menick

Stephen Menick

As currently configured, the thumbnail associated with your Vimeo channel is the thumbnail associated with your latest uploaded video. I, for one, want to be able to choose the thumbnail associated with my channel, just as I can select or upload the thumbnail associated with any given video. Vimeo’s great, but it needs to make this possible.

Link: vimeo.com/channels/menicktv

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Stephen,

You can change the order of your videos (even customize them) to alter the thumbnail. But we are also considering making this a choice.

Stephen Menick

Stephen Menick

Thanks, Matt. What seems to have happened in my case is that the thumbnail associated with my most recently uploaded video (it's called "Honorable Journey") instantly became the thumbnail associated with my channel as a whole. I want to be able to use a thumbnail associated with my Demo Reel, first up on my page, to represent my channel. My point is that just as we can attach the thumbnail of our choice to any given video, we should be able to do the same with the channel. I bet a lot of people feel the way I do. Other than that, Vimeo's a great great showcase.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Thanks for the feedback, Stephen. We agree, hopefully we'll be able to do this soon!

Art Directors Guild

Art Directors Guild PRO

I would also like to be able to upload my own Channel Thumbnails if we have a pro/ business account wqe should be able to.
Thanks

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.