Bird's Eye Entertainment

Bird's Eye Entertainment PRO

Pretty simple. Please please just let fullscreen be a "Let User Decide", "Always Show", "Always Hide" kind of option that you already have for other parameters.

Having it just be a binary checkbox--and stripping it as a parameter altogether--has been quite restrictive.

Bird's Eye Entertainment

Is there some threshold of replies from users that need to be reached in order for a staff member to reply to forum posting?

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

In the HTML player, the button will be disabled if the embed iframe does not have the allowfullscreen attributes on it, regardless of the embed preferences.

Bird's Eye Entertainment

Actually, Brad, that's false. A simple demonstration shows that not only is the fullscreen button still present, it also makes the video go full screen when pressed:

birdseyeentertainment.com/testing.php

As you can see in the source of that page, I've removed "webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen" to no effect. I'm able to view the video in fullscreen in Chrome browser.

Therefore, if this option were actually setup as per my top post, I imagine adding "fullscreen=1" or "fullscreen=0" as a query string param to the HTML player iframe src could fix all this (i.e. when the embed preference is "Let User Decide"). You used to even have this in the deprecated player.

Link: birdseyeentertainment.com/testing.php

regina kelaita

regina kelaita Plus

bird's right, the fullscreen button remains. I'm looking for a solution for this too..

Bird's Eye Entertainment

Hello anyone, it's been a month or so without a true answer--as you can see from my previous post, Brad's comment isn't a solution. Please please respond.

Bird's Eye Entertainment

Hey guys, it's 9 months later. You've built a new player with the same issue.
You guys actually even said you'd consider adding this feature request:
vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:103039

Is this request truthfully being considered, or shall I give up on it and look elsewhere for a solution?

Molani

Molani

I am also looking for solution about this issue. when there is a button for full screen than why it asked every time.
please give some solution for this.
Aslam Molani

Link: greenians79.com

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.