Jeffrey Lill

Jeffrey Lill

Hi, I had hope to set up some family videos for family and close friends to see but this is not at all easy if they want to use an app to do this. The only way I can find is for them to login on a computer and like the videos then they become viewable on their app account. With nearly 500 videos then this would take quite a bit of time. (I suppose I could simply give them my account details!?)

Surely there should be a simple way to share private videos. Even setting a video as password protected is cumbersome.

Many thxs,
Jeff

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hello Jeffrey. The easiest way to manage something like this would be to set up a password protected album and share that album with your family and friends.

Jeffrey Lill

Jeffrey Lill

Many thxs indeed and this does work, even on an iOs device. But it doesn't allow the viewer to see them from within the Vimeo App and nor does it allow them to search for a tag or word in the title on the video which the App permits. So with nearly 500 video clips they would need to do quite a bit of scrolling ;-) Again thxs for the response!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.