nick moudakis

nick moudakis

Any chance that Vimeo could allow SVG uploads? This is a new way of animating, such that the resulting file is SVG. The animation linked above was made from this photograph.
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10165098/BeachBike.jpg
This is sort of new in how it is done, and the resulting animated SVG file can be edited ( thus the reason you wouldn't want to just screen capture it and post it as a video ). Anyway, for consideration... it would be great if Vimeo would allow SVG as an allowable file format for upload /display.

Link: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10165098/animBIkeonBeach.svg

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the suggestion. We don't have this in the plans right now, but interesting idea!

nick moudakis

nick moudakis

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply. I figured it wouldn't really be a topic for you guys at this point. I imagine that if more and more people were animating in this fashion, then it may become somewhat more compelling. That said, I don't think there would be much technically standing in the way to allowing SVG, and that building up an animation community might be pretty cool. I edited the previous animation ( obviously just added the pelican ), but you get the idea, these files are editable, such that if there were an animation community, over time there would be tons of objects to chose from, as well as tons of animations to work with... people could probably do some pretty interesting things. Anyway, even though it is not in the plans right now, please tuck it away and keep it in play for consideration at some point. Thanks.

Link: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10165098/anim_beachbikeedit.svg

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.