Clark Johnson

Clark Johnson Plus

I asked two questions that I thought only a newbie would ask. Turns out that neither one has a good answer.

My questions..
1. How do I find out my original name of a video file that I uploaded ?
2. Is there a list of all video files that I have uploaded, with date, size, etc ?

Answer to 1) is to download it and see.
Answer to 2) is "No".

Please add this capability to Vimeo.

Thank you,
Clark

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Clark,

1) Sorry but we don't store the original file name, it's changed so our servers can keep track of it.

2) Sorry but we don't offer a "master sheet" of your uploaded video's information.

We're working on number 2, but unfortunately we don't have an ETA.

Clark Johnson

Clark Johnson Plus

Matt,

Thanks for the reply.

It sounds like # 2, when implemented, would cover both of my requests, since the "master sheet" (or file listings) would likely include the original file names ??

Clark

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Clark,

I'm actually not sure, the storage system we have in place may still require changing the name of the source file you upload.

Clark Johnson

Clark Johnson Plus

Well, how about changing it to whatever Vimeo needs to, but also keeping track of my original file name at the same time? And then listing my original name in that "master sheet". ?

OK, obviously I can do this myself, keep track of my original file name, the file that created the on-line video. But I uploaded a bunch last week, and lost track of which was my latest, so I thought it would be great if Vimeo's system supplied that information automatically.

And, yes, I would like my free beer chilled to 55 deg F. Thank you. :-)

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.