Michael Helm

Michael Helm

I want to quit Youtube because they removed the inbox. Despite them having by far the largest collection of free videos anywhere, I still hated the terrible service and constant layout changes so much that the inbox was literally the only thing keeping me there. In shooping around for a new place to watch videos that's mroe tolerable, I stumbled upon this lovely little Vimeo website. (actually was recommended by theamazingatheist on youtube) I really like a lot of things about this site. The videos load the old way youtube videos used to, allowing me to play them more smoothly and leading to far fewer stream failures, breaks, and reloads.

But there's no inbox. How am I supposed to know when one of my comments has been replied to? Am I supposed to go check every video I have ever watched? I just don't see how anyone in their right mind would remove the inbox feature from a site like this. Well no matter how much I like it, I can't use vimeo without an inbox or some way to check replies

Michael Helm

Michael Helm

Well thanks for that link. I guess I'll bookmark it. Would be nice if I could find it from the front page though.

vwestlife

vwestlife

You can. Hover over the "Me" next to the Vimeo logo and you'll see the link to My Messages.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.