keveen

keveen

Hello,

I'd let to get rid of that ugly Playback Control Panel that sits right on top of the video. It should be underneath, not obscuring the video clip (unless I missed some option to do just that?)

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

Hey ! You just have to point your mouse away from the video player and the control will disappear (not sure of my english here but just move your mouse outside the video player).

Bluewave

Bluewave

Just joined Vimeo and the first thing I thought was "why did they put the control panel over the video?" Yes, move the mouse and it disappears but it obstructs too much, especially if you want to flick between different parts of the video.

I'd like to be able to press the left and right cursor keys to go to individual frames also, like in the Quicktime player.

dalas verdugo

dalas verdugo Staff

In most cases, I think it looks a lot better than having an always-present control bar at the bottom.

Your input is appreciated.

Andy Galletly

Andy Galletly Plus

personally i like the payer where it is. it means that you can embed it in a page somewhere and have the video play without always seeing the play controls.

Ian Lucero

Ian Lucero PRO

I don't like having to see controls. The way it is now is well implemented, I think. It could be smoother, meaning the disappearing but whatever, it works amazingly well. I shouldn't talk, I don't program. If you want to do frame by frame kind of stuff, why don't you just download the file and load it up in your favorite player and frame by frame away?

MalphasWats

MalphasWats

One of the things that made me sign up to Vimeo was the way the player looks, I really like it, it just looks 'cool' :)

Ross Hill

Ross Hill

>One of the things that made me sign up to Vimeo was the way the player looks, I really like it, it just looks 'cool' :)

Agreed. But maybe the controls could disappear if you hadn't moved your mouse for a few seconds.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.