i say

i say

can you embed vimeo videos into wordpress?

dalas verdugo

dalas verdugo Staff

They say they won't support us unless they get a lot of user requests, so feel free to let them know you want us supported.

Jonathan Marcus

Jonathan Marcus

We should really create a petition / wish lists of sorts. The Wordpress guys are awesome and they are doing amazing things. They have a relatively small team, and are just stretched thin.

Chris Kalani

Chris Kalani

just paste it in code view, it really isn't an issue.

Ben Millett

Ben Millett

I'm not sure if wordpress.com has the option, but if you turn off the wysiwyg option, the code should work. My blog uses Wordpress and I use the non-wysiwyg editor and pasting the embed info works fine (although it's not xhtml compliant...).

Chris Kalani

Chris Kalani

Same here it works fine, but on the dot com version I am pretty sure you can still turn it off in the edit profile area... at the top.

Tom Eppenberger Jr

Tom Eppenberger Jr

Wordpress.com users are SOL because they do not allow for code to be posted. All embed tags are automagically removed from posts or widgets.

I've requested that they add support for Vimeo several times, and other people should do the same thing. They presently support YouTube, Google Video and DailyMotion only.

kim

kim

whoo! that works. :) thanks kambiz kamrani.

Kaushal Karkhanis

Kaushal Karkhanis

wow thanks a bunch for that, Kambiz - works for me to! is there any way i can control the params - at least the dimensions. (pls. see vadapav.com for wot i uploaded - it overflows into my 2nd column)

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.