Dan Lee

Dan Lee

I was looking through the vids, and checking out the bootyliciouse new design when it stuck me, it would be great to know what cameras people are using to shoot their vids.

In my mind it would look sort of like the tag section displayed on the video page and be specified when a video is uploaded. I have been looking for a good camera so it would be great to compare video content with the camera used. I know people do this in the camera forum but a feature like this could make it a lot easier to know what people are using.

Mary Lee

Mary Lee

yeah, i agree. That sort of thing would really help when deciding what type of camera to buy.

Ian Lucero

Ian Lucero PRO

I totally agree. But video doesn't carry the same kind of detailed info that still photos can. Right now you would have to get a program that lets you type up all that info then embeds it into the video file. There are no cameras that I know of that embeds f-stop, gain, focus, zoom, speed, shutter, or brand name info automatically.

But the best users can do now is just tag their clips with model number and/or brand. But it would be nice to have some kind of "automatically tag all clips with these tags" option within the user settings.

Dan Lee

Dan Lee

Thats a better idea than I had, shame it can't be done. I was thinking more of a manual glorified tag thing. Example below.

Title:
Tags:
Camera Type:

nshack

nshack

Then you should probably tell everyone which editing appl you are using and then codec for compression too. These things have as much to do with quality as the camera that did the shooting. You can make nice optics look lousy through poor choices in post produciton stuff.

I think it'd be sweet to add an optional info section where you could add any relevant info that might help explain your equipment and process. There is already a place to choose which info you include when you upload in V5.

Maybe you could set it to default from your profile so it would remain the same, and then when you change things you could adjust the things that were different upon upload.

It's a good idea, but not as simpe as the exif data that is automatically found in a digital still (like on Flickr).

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.