Peak Music

Peak Music

I would really like to see Vimeo introduce a hide stats function. As Vimeo Plus user, I am offered a great ability to control the way videos are viewed and manage video privacy, so why not introduce this function? Stats can be an impressive to tool for the public but also a harmful one if stats are low. Thanks for creating a great web site Vimeo.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We agree and plan to add this feature to our future releases.

Peak Music

Peak Music

Thank you, we await this update.

Cristina Stefany

Cristina Stefany

I can't wait for this feature to be implemented. I really would need it "now-ish"...... :D

Chris Guillebeau

Chris Guillebeau PRO

Did this ever get added? I just signed up for Pro and can't figure out how to modify the stats-viewing setting.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Not yet. But it's on the list of add-on's we're planning for the future release version.

Adam L. Roy

Adam L. Roy

How about now? It's 8 days later. Is it here now?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

As I stated above, it's a part of a larger release that we're working on. It will take some time.

Nate Adams

Nate Adams Plus

I would love this and I also pay for my production companies account and my partner has an account... So that +3 more paid accounts that would love the feature! Thanks!!

Alex

Alex Plus

PLEASE add private stats! views are not my focus, so many ppl judge based on number of views.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

As I stated above, it's a part of a larger release that we're working on. It will take some time.

Gergely Csehovics

Gergely Csehovics

Please make it into a standard Vimeo Feature. Not Vimeo plus. I only uploading some videos\year so I really don't need what the plus offers. But I do wan't some privacy for my materials.

Vvoi

Vvoi

I can't wait.

IMMARC

IMMARC

it will be useful, i wait too..

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

This is already available in the new vimeo we're testing now. When it rolls out, it will be available to everyone.

Tex

Tex Plus

Have you pushed this to the new Vimeo yet?

Daniel Nguyen

Daniel Nguyen

Adding another strong vote for the ability to hide stats from the public.

Emptyset Media

Emptyset Media

Any update on when this will be added? I am using the new version and do not see the option.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

In new vimeo we're testing the option to show/hide your stats on your video page is available in user settings page.

Jon Beck

Jon Beck

New Vimeo user. YouTube convert +1 on hide stats feature.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Please see my comment above. This is already built into the new Vimeo we're testing.

Jon Beck

Jon Beck

Awesome! Any ETA on when that will launch?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Go to your user settings page, click on the advanced tab, and look under the site preferences section.

Irani Friend

Irani Friend

From the thread above it seems as follows:

Vimeo has set out to help Vimeo users who have very low stats, to conceal, or at least make it difficult to see at a glance, the actual influence or impact their videos are having in the wider world.

In the "New" Vimeo this also makes it more difficult to immediately determine which videos DO have a large number of views, and may therefore be having a discernible impact in the wider world.

One might argue - though I have yet to see Vimeo making this argument - that this is an attempt to level the playing field and eliminate emergent "trending" in the "New" Vimeo...

T.S. Writing Services has virtually NO views as of today's date; John Beck fewer than 2,000 (as far as I can determine); Emptyset Media perhaps 2,000 +/- for all its videos; and so forth.

Clearly the wishes of these few-stat Vimeo users have outweighed the wishes and preferences of many other Vimeo users, expressed in other threads here in Feature Requests, who have all been passionately asking for the simple, immediately visible stats on the White/Blue (CHAMPION) Vimeo to stay as they have been.

Would it be possible to re-write the page code of the "New" Vimeo - assuming that Vimeo achieves its aim of eliminating the White/Blue (BEST) Vimeo layout entirely -

Would it be possible to have the stats as they have been - that is, immediately visible by default in the position where they have been on the right hand side, but to allow them to be obscure-able in the User Preferences & Setings, to satisfy those who started this thread?

This would seem to me to be a fairly simple way of solving this newly created 'problem' - I know that Soxiam has responded (I think two times so far - in other threads) that in the White/Blue Vimeo the stats held up the loading of the page, and I have responded that this has never been my experience in the White/Blue Vimeo format -

Whereas in the "New" Vimeo there *is* a significant hang in the loading of the stats which now REQUIRE to be clicked...and of course this is a page hang for ALL Vimeo users, those who have fewer views as well as those who have more...

Not to mention that the way the stats have been rearranged makes them more difficult to decipher at a glance, as stated by many Vimeo community members in other similar threads.

Thanks!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Go to your user settings page, click on the advanced tab, and look under the site preferences section.

AGMT

AGMT

Hello Staff,
it's looks like there is a missing point in your privacy setting..

because if someone really want to see the statistic hidden by the user..
he just have to go on the user/videos/ page, on choose the "detail format view"
something like : vimeo.com/user_name/videos/format:detail

Curtis Redden

Curtis Redden Plus

Yah i just realized this too. Not that anyone would really choose details view, it still does show how many times a video was viewed.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We agree we can make improvements there. We will see if we can tackle the other pages where few basic stats are showing up based on your stats privacy settings.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.