Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

The "recently viewed" feature is now available from the "More Videos" tab located in the top right of any video's page.

King Productions

King Productions Plus

Hi

There are soooo many nice videoes in this place, but they are pretty hard to find.

I'm one of those types that always forget to press that cute heart icon thing ... so I can never find the videos I've seen earlier :(

Is there any way for vimeo to show a list with the last 10 videoes (or any number) that a user has seen ?
Sort of like the itunes playlist : "recently played"

That would save my day :D

Thank you !

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We've considered this in the past. The issue was, at our scale, this actually turns out to be a huge amount of data to collect and keep for all of our users. We will keep your suggestion in mind however and see if there's a way to offer this in the future.

Chris Miner

Chris Miner

A couple of observations: First, it can't possibly be more data than YouTube stores to implement the same feature. Second, if people use the favorite button to keep track of what they watched, it will cease to serve it's intended function. (ie people will mechanically tap 'favorite' to keep track of 'watched') BTW thank for the idea, King, I'm going to start doing that right now.

Efrem Rensi

Efrem Rensi

There was a great video that I "liked", but I forgot that I had liked it, and so accidentally unliked it, thinking that I was liking it. Now I can't find it.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

The only way to find such video would be to search for it.

Also, in the new vimeo test, you might be able to find it in "recently watched" list if you indeed played this video recently.

Tea Pajkic

Tea Pajkic

When will that feature be available?

maggie davis

maggie davis

i'd like to hide my activity section or eliminate it completely.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

This is already possible in the new vimeo. You can choose to show/hide your activity on your profile page from your settings page.

Patrick Salsbury

Patrick Salsbury

Doesn't seem to remove the RSS feeds, though... Or let you shield your Likes from others seing them...

Michael Keckler

Michael Keckler

Hi,

I can't find access to the "recently watched" feature in the new Vimeo. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is this a current problem with the website?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hello Michael,

Thanks for the heads up. It appears to be a bug. I will submit a ticket to get this fixed.

Orhan Yorukoglu

Orhan Yorukoglu

The recently viewed videos are nowhere to be found. Is this still an open item?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

The "Recently viewed" list is available by clicking on the "More Videos" tab you see in the top right corner of any video clip page.

Orhan Yorukoglu

Orhan Yorukoglu

Thank you for the quick turn-around. I appreciate it.

User Feedback:
For someone who rarely goes into that mode and watches videos directly from the list, the "more videos" link is perfectly hidden. Even when it is visible, it is very counter-intuitive for the "history" to be under the "more videos" section. I think the recent videos should be a separate menu item or a button right smack in the main interface as opposed to being buried under an "un-related" section. But that's just me! :)
Once again, Thank you.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.