Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hey folks,

This feature is now available. Visit your portfolio settings page under the Appearance tab to enable the "Video downloads" checkbox.

Beige & Co.

Beige & Co. Plus

Would love to see the option for non-Vimeo users to download video source files from Portfolio pages. Currently, this is only possible from the Preview page for individual videos.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

This one is marked down as a feature we'd like to add to the next version of portfolios.

Steve Chappell

Steve Chappell PRO

Hello
I am new to Vimeo Pro and must agree that non-Vimeo users being able to download the videos is a must have feature and one that will save us a lot of time.

I am delighted to be a Vimeo Pro user and must compliment Vimeo staff on superb customer support.

FireDancer Productions, Inc.

FireDancer Productions, Inc. PRO

I might have stumbled on a way to download videos from a Portfolio, at least on my MacBookPro (OSX10.7.3/Safari5.1.3/ClicktoFlash2.6.2). I can't get it to work on my Windows7 machine with Flash11, nor on my MacPro 10.6.8.

I load the Portfolio in Safari and start a video playing. I then right click on the playing video and one of the options is "Download Video". Select that and it begins to DL. It is named with a Vimeo number but it does completely download. Plays fine in QT7 or 10.

I believe this is a function of ClicktoFlash as "Download Video" is an option in their Shortcuts Menu preferences. Just how it is doing it is above my pay grade.

Again, I can only get this working on one machine. Certainly, this is no substitute for a "real" Download Feature.

A DL Feature is a BIG DEAL for video pros. When is that coming?

Thanks!

BLACKMATH

BLACKMATH PRO

PLEASE IMPLEMENT Clients want to download dat stuffs yo
-

Radiate Films

Radiate Films PRO

I hope "coming soon" means less than 3 months. PLEASE? This will revolutionize how we do client content access.

Nathan Byrne

Nathan Byrne

Hi there folks, It's been a long time (11 months since Soxiam's first comment) that this feature has been promised. Can we get an ETA? Clients need to be able to download and we need to find solutions for them.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Sorry, we don't give ETA's on feature releases. However, as Sox mentioned in his comment 2 weeks ago, we are still working on this and hope to have it ready soon.

Bob Cooper

Bob Cooper PRO

Seriously?? How can you NOT have a download feature on a "PRO" site? I am building a portfolio for an actress and agents need a way to download clips. You are pushing me right into the arms of Box.net to solve this problem. Seriously - you should OWN this space and this is a CRITICAL feature to have for artists/actors/musicians/etc. I am paying of extra features and am amazed that this is not one. Plus - you've been promising it for over a year. SERIOUSLY?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Agreed. And as I said, we're sorry for the delay but it's one of the active projects we're working on right now.

schelby D.C

schelby D.C PRO

Need download from Portofolio too - please implement this option!

Juan Cadaveira

Juan Cadaveira PRO

What's the future of a company which does not listen to their clients?. I can't believe this is not taken care of already. It's been a year. We need this feature please.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hey folks,

This feature is now available. Visit your portfolio settings page under the Appearance tab to enable the "Video downloads" checkbox.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.