Calvary Church

Calvary Church PRO

If you don't have a rock solid Internet connection, you're screwed right now. The whole point of Vimeo is the ability to host gorgeous quality videos, often 1GB or bigger in file size. Having that kind of upload interrupted at 87% really, really sucks! How about the same resume feature that used to be present in the software app of Vimeo?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

This is a feature that was once available from our desktop uploader app which had been decommissioned due to some technical issues while we work on the next version. We have a plan to release a new version this year.

Do_pal

Do_pal

yes thats true there should be resume capability... Any idea when it will be released because my internet keeps on dis connecting :(

TigerBait.com

TigerBait.com PRO

It is purely ridiculous that there is no workaround implemented for this issue. It's easily the most frustrating thing about this service.

Even an FTP upload can handle the Internet dropping.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We're currently working on adding pause/resume feature to our upload page.

Joshua Steimle

Joshua Steimle

I would gladly donate money to speed up the release of this feature. I'm in Brazil and my uploads keep getting interrupted and I have to start all over. It takes me 3-4 tries to upload a video because I keep having to start all over.

Philippe Broers

Philippe Broers Plus

you did dude!, you pay here, and the uploader used to do just that.
they said it would nt come back when they pulled it, i know, i was there.

PMV Productions

PMV Productions Plus

The Pause/Resume feature on the upload page will be no good when we run into problems like server or internet disconnection - we would have to pause before encountering any problems else we will have to start the upload all over again - please do correct me if i am wrong about this. The Destop Uploader was the perfect tool. Perhaps you could consider automatically pausing the upload when server disconnections are encountered and then to automatically re-attemp/resume uploads at set intervals i.e. just like the desktop uploader in the good old days? The Desktop uploader (as it used to function) would be the preferred tool over the pause resume feature on your web page.

Joshua Steimle

Joshua Steimle

This has got to be costing a bundle in bandwidth fees for Vimeo. I'm on a trip to Brazil, and I'm uploading about a gig of video a day, but I probably get to 60% 10 times before I get a successful upload, meaning that Vimeo has to pay for several times the amount of bandwidth they would need to if we could just resume uploads that are interrupted, or even better, if uploads would just be automatically resumed when interrupted.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hello Joshua. Just wanted to let you know that we are working on this feature now.

DevlinPix

DevlinPix Plus

Just had my 1.6 gig upload stop at 71%, after about 8-9 hours. Just want to add my vote that not having a RESUME feature is a HUGE issue. Looking forward to a speedy solution. In the meantime I will be seeking out alternative services that have this feature. I need feedback on a project with a deadline and can't afford to risk wasting another day.

R All

R All

In an effort to let Vimeo know that this feature is still in high demand, I'm adding my voice to the conversation.

I love the site, but I just had 2 hours of uploading go to waste when my connection cut out. It is frustrating to say the least. Please make the "Resume" functionality a priority.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

No need. We really are amped about adding this feature ourselves. It's part of a larger release we are working on so it will take some time but we are definitely working on this now.

Showtime Studio

Showtime Studio Plus

10 hours of uploading wasted here ... this is so frustrating ... asking for a refund sorry

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hi. If there's an issue with uploading or resume function, please let the staff know in our HELP forum and we will help you troubleshoot.

LINTELFILM

LINTELFILM Plus

Is this implemented yet? The pause/resume feature isn't any use if my connection disappears suddenly ...

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Matt,

The upload page allows you to pause or resume uploading. Unfortunately we cannot offer a resume if your connection drops as we cannot tell where the file left off. If you have further questions, please contact our support team.

Vimeo FAQ: vimeo.com/help/contact

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.