Exquisite Corpse

Exquisite Corpse

Hey Vimeo Staff!

Many of us filmmakers use Vimeo to share screeners of our films, and I know that I for one would love to have the ability to set multiple passwords for a given video, that way I can track whether the views are coming from the crew watching the movie, or industry people watching it, etc. It'd be very helpful!

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

While not unreasonable, I think this is a niche use case that will add some complexity to the overall usability of our product. Have you considered using the stats page to see the embed referral stats instead?

Fred Ireland

Fred Ireland

I couldn't agree more with Exquisite Corpse. I would use that function a lot. Also, there are times where I want to give access to someone for a limited time, say a crew member, but others unlimited access, say festival screens or potential clients.

Michael Maes

Michael Maes PRO

Dito: I need to be able to share different passwords with different groups so I can (de)activate the possibility to view a sneak per person or group.
Without making it complex, it would be great already to be able to add a list of passwords.
Then you just delete a certain password if you want to void the access to the persons who have THAT password.
Now I have to change the password and give everyone whom I want to be able to continue to access the video a new password.
Seems a bit cumbersome, certainly if you promote memberships as "PRO".
Thanks for adding this feature soon.

INgageHub

INgageHub Plus

Agree with Request... This need would allow team members to collaborate but not share passwords. Very important.
* I might allow someone to upload new videos
* Maybe there is some administration needed, but I am not available
* etc.

Simon Wieland

Simon Wieland PRO

It would also be important, that u can give different passwords limited time being able to use. Or limitedt times to see the video. Now if someone has the password its unlimited time and he can pass it over to everybody. In fact u have people for unlimited password, and other for limited passwords. So minimum three passwords unlimited or limited will be necessary.

Exquisite Corpse

Exquisite Corpse

I understand your point -- but for those of using who are sharing screeners (often on a very limited, password-protected basis) it's not like we're publicly embedding the file.

A compromise might be to have the ability to "duplicate" a posting -- or, rather, to have two different URLs that point to the same video file. It wouldn't take up any additional space on Vimeo's servers (since it's still the one video file), but the stats could be more tailored (for instance, I could send one link to the crew members in LA, and the second link to industry contacts in LA, and know for sure which set was responsible for the views).

Make sense?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Yes I understand but again I think it will add a layer of complexity for niche use cases. By the way we do allow custom URL for each video clip page. Custom URL and the 'normal' numerical clip ID url both resolves to the 'normal' URL. As far as tracking them separately in our stats, I think that could be difficult.

Virginia Cromie

Virginia Cromie

I want to say- I don't think this is a niche issue at all, it's a major concern for every person who has a creative intellectual property to protect.

This is an enormous concern for your key base- independent filmmakers.

Finding a way to support our efforts to track and understand who is watching our film and maintaining control over that process would be a huge benefit that would make vimeo the universal choice to host our content.

As EC mentioned, there are a variety of ways to accomplish this- unique URLs are certainly one way- URLs that link to the main film page but that have a built in expiry, and a summary page where the owner can see in a flash how many views each URL has generated, and get stats on those views if needed.

This functionality would be A HUGE gamechanger- please consider!

Thank you

Colliculi Productions

Colliculi Productions

The feature that Exquisite Corpse describes is EXACTLY what I am looking for as well, for the same reason. So - this is another vote for that.

WeOwnTV

WeOwnTV PRO

Another vote here! EXACTLY what I am looking for. and as Vimeo is marketing it self as the platform for filmmakers this 'niche' you describe is exactly your user base.

Evotion Inc.

Evotion Inc. PRO

Yes, I'm also looking for this feature (multiple passwords).
Thank you.

DJ Gan

DJ Gan

Hi,
Please let me know if this feature was ever implemented. This is exactly what our company needs.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

I've answered your question in the other thread where you posted the same question.

Worldview

Worldview

Agreed this would be a helpful feature, for example; Documenting who has accessed your content can be important step in protecting your copyright. As it stands you can only infer (via the Vimeo stats) which individual(s) have seen it. Sure in numeric terms it might always be a rather 'niche' function but the value to some professional film/video creators at the core of Vimeo's community would be profound.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

I know there are some people who wish they had access to this granular level of viewership but it's also a serious privacy matter. Just imagine we keeping track of everything you watch on vimeo and reporting that data back to the content owners.

WeOwnTV

WeOwnTV PRO

You are missing the point. Almost all professional filmmakers I know using Vimeo upload duplicate private screeners and send them to different programmers/grant screeners so they can know how and when private screeners are accessed. It is not a privacy issue for the viewer. We the user - content owner - have just given them a private link and usually temporary link. if we could track views for these private screeners we would not need to upload duplicate content thus using more space on Vimeo servers.

Worldview

Worldview

Fair point but I'm not suggesting it occur as a routine matter on Vimeo. Just for the kind of scenario I'm describing there could be a terms of service kind of opt in box the end user checks before entering their username and password. They would read that if they proceed their activity will be reported to the content owner and if they can't deal with that then, well, they don't watch the video. It's not as if tracking and reporting of authenticated user activity is generally considered to be unethical in the age of web 2.0 if there is an appropriate context.

Danny Baron

Danny Baron

I would love to see this. Right now it seems the only way is to upload multiple copies of the same video and share them to specific users or small groups.

Andy

Andy

I am interested in this feature as well... It doesn't have to be quite for a "niche" like you suggest. I want this ability to simply set specific passwords to videos AS WELL AS "global" passwords. This way if a user puts in the password "red" they might be able to see all videos I classified as "red" if they type in "blue" they can see all the blue ones. If they type in "all" it doesn't matter if it's red or blue they can still see the video. Or if they type "video1" it is for that specific video only. Therefore I can give passwords with different "security levels" as needed...

Cody Clarke

Cody Clarke

Another filmmaker chiming in. Multiple passwords would be a wonderful feature. Just Googled this to see if it was possible, and it led me here. It's unfortunate this is not available.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We are considering testing this option as part of a new product we are working on right now. Part of the test will include monitoring its usage and see if it makes sense to make the feature available to general video settings as well. Thanks for your suggestions.

Steven Caron

Steven Caron

any news on this feature? I am not a plus user, but this feature would convince me!

In my scenario I want to show content (visual effects demo reel) which isn't publicly available or wholly mine. I am given permission to allow private viewing of this content. I have the need to give out 3 passwords and need to revoke those passwords at different times. These viewers probably don't have vimeo accounts so as long as there was something in the stats showing each time the password(s) where used.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Sorry folks but we don't have an update on this. Right now you can track viewing based on geography if you have a Plus or PRO account, but this request would add a layer of complexity to our privacy system that we're not sure we'd like to support.

Michael Maes

Michael Maes PRO

It is not only about tracking, it is also about controlling access to your videos.

Mary McGloin

Mary McGloin Plus

I would love to know if this was implemented. I am more interested in having multiple passwords to be able to "turn off" access to one of the passwords so that I can limit how long a group of people can see the video if that makes sense. If this isn't implemented is there another way to do this?

Thanks!
Mary

YogaHeart

YogaHeart

This would absolutely be a MUCH desired feature for us. We are experimenting using Vimeo to host streaming downloads embedded on our site, and the ability to control access with multiple passwords would empower our creative marketing. That said, it has to be seamless...as are all of Vimeo's features.

LateNite Films

LateNite Films PRO

I agree this would be a great feature.

I don't think you need tracking or anything fancy. Just the ability to have multiple passwords for the same video - so that you can easily add/remove multiple passwords as needed.

I don't need to track who's using the passwords. I just want the ability to have a single upload, that I can share with multiple people - but have the ability to remove their access if required.

Dimitri Bastos

Dimitri Bastos

Hi, There. That would be a great feature. Right now, I'm considering starting an online workshop with protected tutoriais and would be really, really great if I could set a password for each person.

Particle Fever

Particle Fever

Another vote for multiple passwords! I'm on the festival circuit now with a film and this is a BIG topic of conversation among filmmakers. I really don't think it's a niche request. Is it really so difficult to have different links point to the same video?

luca riccio

luca riccio Plus

I need it too, just few password for the same video, nothing else...

Clip

Clip Plus

I was just looking for the same feature. I'm looking for this because of a glitch in the private albums where a video with an individual pw added to a private album is accessible with the album pw from the main album page but when a viewer already logged into a private album tries to click on the same video appearing in the upper banner (above whichever album video is currently playing), they are prompted to re-enter a password but only the individual set pw works. The album pw will not. It's creating a lot of confusion to a large group who have the private album pw but not the individual video pws. I'd be happy with either the ability to create a second pw (which I would make the album pw for each video) or for the banner glitch to be fixed. If someone is logged into an album and tries to access a video from the banner that's in the album it should either play or if asked for a password again, the album password should work. Please let me know if this can be addressed.

Philadelphia Philms

Philadelphia Philms PRO

I am an independent filmmaker and I need this feature too, and it should not be looked at as a privacy concern, as Soxiam/staff thought it might. With regards to privacy... If I send only one person a password-protected link to a video and I see that it has been watched, then I know that that person has watched it, but this does not constitute a privacy concern. I could upload the same video, password protect it, and then send the new link to another person and know when they have watched it. If I do it this way, you are forced to host additional videos which takes up space on your servers, and I am forced to waste my time. Either way, I am able to know who has watched my video, if I want to go to the trouble... but this approach is cumbersome. This feature would be very helpful when submitting a digital screener to film festivals.

Frank Heath

Frank Heath Plus

I have also wanted to use multiple passwords for the same video for quite some time. I would like to use different specific passwords for each video to control access and I would also like to simultaneously be able to use a different single password for multiple videos for certain clients (and for whom it's annoying to have to keep checking the specific password for each video). Please add this! Thanks

Andrew Lancaster

Andrew Lancaster PRO

Dear Vimeo - This would be a real help to have multiple passwords that could link to the same video - as agreed with everyone above for festival screeners or specific targets.
Right now i'm looking at uploading the same 1.5GB film multiple times - seems pretty archaic.
cheers

Montco District Attorney

Montco District Attorney

Here is another vote for multiple passwords. I don't need it so much for tracking. I'd like to be able to give one viewer a passwords for one day, another for one week, etc., without disabling the views who have other passwords. Thanks.

Kristjan Knigge

Kristjan Knigge Plus

Interesting that Soxiam calls this a niche feature... isn't Vimeo the platform for filmmakers (ie not YouTube)? And isn't this a feature that many filmmakers need? And aren't those very filmmakers the ones buying the Vimeo Plus and Pro accounts? What's niche about that? It's niche on the same level as Vimeo is 'niche' when compared to YouTube...

As more and more festivals, sales agents and distributors are accepting and even demanding online screeners as opposed to dvds, this functionality is becoming increasingly essential.

Vimeo, be the platform for filmmakers. You know the ones that where your loyal users all these years.

Thank you

Decoy Collective

Decoy Collective Plus

That would be a great feature! But probably too complex.

We have a PRO account, but basically I'm only interested in the VOD feature. I don't really get the idea of the other PRO features, as far as you already have a website. Per example, we never used the "video review page" so far. BUT what about a feature that allows you to create multiple video review pages for one video? So per example, if you send a screener to three different film festivals you could create three video review pages to see in your stats which festival already watched the film. And they could even write comments.

Story Tailors

Story Tailors Plus

YES YES YES - please implement this feature or something like it. Vimeo is THE service for filmmakers nowadays and we all have this problem with sending screeners out. I hate the fact that I don't know who watched it. I'd love to be able to limit a viewership of a screener to one time by removing the password for instance.

Grant Baldwin

Grant Baldwin PRO

Another vote for having multiple passwords! We use vimeo to send screeners to multiple groups and would like to have some passwords last only a week and others a couple months. Right now we have to upload our film a bunch of times to achieve this which is frustrating.

Martin

Martin

I'm looking for this feature too!! multiple passwords same video, and be able to get stats on each password separately. The alternative is to upload the same video multiple times which uses unnecessary extra space.

Jesse Rosen

Jesse Rosen

HERE, HERE! President of FST (Filmmakers for Screener Tracking)

Earlybirds Films

Earlybirds Films PRO

Another vote for this missing feature. As a production company, we want to share our films with different screeners, people, crew, cast and press...and this during different time frames. Now we have to upload our films 7 times and give them all another password.

HFA

HFA PRO

Another vote for this feature!!!! I don't think this is a niche use case at all, and I don't think it would make usability of Vimeo Pro more complex. We're a trade association and would love to set multiple passwords for different groups we're giving access to our videos (ex: member vs sponsor, etc.) so that we can remove passwords (and restrict access) at will without cutting off access for our members.

Maurice Smith

Maurice Smith PRO

I would like this option too. Every film maker is fighting other internet model to get their films shown - not like youtube - but commercially and in their (the film maker's control). Multiple password options would help with this aim. mol

Michael Mees

Michael Mees

This seems like a fairly common need out there, let's do it Vimeo!

Matt C

Matt C Plus

Another vote for this - I need to be able to screen a private video for multiple parties, without giving away one user's password to all the others. Having multiple passwords would provide peace of mind when I'm sharing one video with multiple parties, since it affords the option of disabling access for each party individually if needed.

Multiple passwords would be great! It could be something as simple as permitting a comma-separated list in the password box. Then if we need to disable access for a given user, we check which password we gave to him, and remove that password from the list. Quick and dirty access control.

webimm

webimm

I agree we all need this

AJV Media

AJV Media PRO

Yes, please! Multiple passwords would be amazing! The ability to selectively turn off some while leaving others available would be fantastic for festival screeners, etc.

Homebuyerworld.com

Homebuyerworld.com PRO

Agreed,we multiple passwords should be offered for paid users of Vimeo. Like one of the earlier people that commented, I want to offer certain videos to subscribers which are password protected. Multiple passwords is essential. I don't see a response from Staff for many months. Help (?)

May Yip

May Yip

Another vote for multiple passwords! Please kindly understand that for me now need to upload same video ten times to get ten passwords to check record of different clients. We all need multiple password and waiting for 2 years.

Tim Lea

Tim Lea

Guys - Vmeo is great and I have just started using them for Vimeo don demand for our feature 54 Days. Unfortunately as per this thread they don't appear to be listening. We have just set up 54 days on VHX - where you can send out individual screeners with the recipients email address embedded as a watermark. Could be a good alternative if Vimeo do not wish to change their system.

Neena rose

Neena rose

The Doctor Alonso, already told you all about hoodia, you now talk about a plant that is very popular in the world of Body Buildings: African mango. The expert, as a bonus, will tell you about all its properties.Do you stop reading this note!

Link: musclehealthfitness.com/view-about-blackline-elite/

GABRIEL REID

GABRIEL REID Plus

There seems to be a huge demand for this feature and I am another filmmaker who would appreciate it greatly. Multiple passwords so we can know which film festivals are viewing our screeners.

Vimeo, please add this feature.

RedRob  :Candlelight Productions

RedRob :Candlelight Productions PRO

I have similar need -- slightly different reason.

I shoot lots of private events which obtain limited-viewing copyrights, such that participants in the event can pay for and watch the performance, but not the general public. I tried it -- and some have been sharing the private VOD link on social media. Fear of copyright infringement is keeping my clients from using VOD .. No good.

We need to be able to generate (or import) unique "passwords" (access-codes) -- several hundred -- which we can apply to VOD videos. When password-enabled, to watch the video the viewer must enter their password. We can track which people are being given which password on our end, and if Vimeo would audit which passwords were used to watch the purchased videos, it would act as a trace-back so we know who is sharing. We could also then simply disable shared passwords while leaving the video intact for others to still enjoy.

mmc4

mmc4

Agreed. Multiple passwords (and the tracking thereof) would be very beneficial for testing and monitoring outreach as well as differentiating screenings from cast/crew viewings. Considering the limited bandwidth allowed for accounts, it's not like the option of uploading the same video numerous times is too viable for active users. Another option, of course, is Vimeo dramatically lowering prices to allowing unlimited HD uploads, or perhaps having the ability to clone/duplicate an upload as a few different unique private URLs would be a happy compromise.

Mitra Films

Mitra Films PRO

This is an essential tracking feature that should be made available atleast for plus users.
I would really benefit from being able to assign separate passwords for different clients. Another add-on to that would to be to assign passwords that expire after a given number of uses or after a given date.

4REAL

4REAL

Yes please! Anyone know anywhere else this can be done?

Si Se Puede Productions

Si Se Puede Productions Plus

Is this a feature yet? If not, I'm surprised. I'm having to upload multiple copies of my movie. That can't be good for you guys.

Studio Revolt

Studio Revolt PRO

I second Si Se Puede Productions. I uploaded my feature film (3.5 Gb) 12 times in the past 7 months. If Vimeo had this "multiple password" feature, I only had to upload it once. I wasted your 40Gb of space for nothing. Multiple limited access for different viewers to share samples of art work is a common feature on a professional artist platforms. If Vimeo wants to differentiate itself from YouTube, which has far superior uploading speed and capacity (I mean Vimeo totally sucks on upload speed, a fact), you must implement this feature as soon as possible. Otherwise it is a testament that your management has no idea who your support base is. If YouTube added a password feature, no one will stay with Vimeo. NO ONE. I guarantee. Masahiro Sugano, filmmaker

Grant Baldwin

Grant Baldwin PRO

Another vote for multiple passwords. I have many people accessing my film screener, and I'd like to give them a 1 week screening window. Uploading a new version each time isn't feasible. Please! This seems like it wouldn't be too hard to implement!

Jaqai Mickelsen

Jaqai Mickelsen Plus

Just as other people have posted, I also did a google search on the multiple password concept and found myself here. I too am looking for that capability with a rough cut of my film just to be able to distribute different passwords to different groups, just to get an idea of who's watching.

Finickity Pictures

Finickity Pictures Plus

This would be the feature that would make me upgrade from the free account. Unfortunately when a link gets away from you (out in the world and passed around), there is no action you can take. Taking down the video or changing the password would prevent other people who need access from using it. This means I have to upload the same video many times and keep track of who has the password to each. What a silly amount of work! What a mess!

Carter Boyce

Carter Boyce PRO

This is seriously very frustrating that this isn't a feature yet. I've spent the last day uploading the same 3 gb video 6 times on my horribly slow internet in order to be able to achieve this. This is both inefficient and a waste of resources for both Vimeo and myself.

paul spurrier

paul spurrier PRO

It's surely very easy to program.
Simply:
Under the Upload options
Add an option
'Clone a video from one you have already uploaded'.
Simple as that.

Nolan Cubero

Nolan Cubero PRO

Adding my vote to request this feature. I hear people all the time complaining that you can't do this.

Disrupted Logic

Disrupted Logic Plus

Work-around solution while we wait for Vimeo to implement this awesome feature:

Visit the privacy settings of the video you want to share.
Check the following privacy settings:
"Hide this video from Vimeo.com"
"Only on sites I choose" (enter YOUR webpage here)
"No One" for comments
Deselect "download" and "Add to collections"

Have your own website and using Wordpress? Use the embed code and password protect the page within built-in protection. Lots of plugins including basic membership plugins to help with this and give option of multiple passwords/user access points. Lots of analytics & tracking plugins as well.

Hope that's somewhat helpful. It's working for us.

Link: disruptedlogic.com

David L. Carter

David L. Carter

This feature is a no-brainer. The only logic is Vimeo makes more money by forcing multiple uploads increasing their revenue. Someone should create/find an intermediate login system where you can track/control logins by multiple users.

Will Crockett

Will Crockett PRO

Hi Folks, we need to post 100+ training videos used only for our company employees. It's important we keep them away from the public as they are occasionally filled with proprietary info. I would also like to have a personalized login gateway to provide the CEO with live login data on which employees have logged in, when, how long, and what they viewed to be used as data to support promotions and bonuses. Just an idea from a very happy customer.
I'm a BIG fan of Vimeo and would hate to have to embedd onto a website to get the

Sotira Kyriacou

Sotira Kyriacou Plus

Agree, with all the above. Be great to have multiple passwords or a way to copy/clone a video to then give different passwords, hence different access setting to individuals. Otherwise you would have to upload the same video multiple times using your allocated space up which does not make sense. Maybe there is a way with using Albums?????

Bill Simmon

Bill Simmon PRO

I googled this feature assuming it would be a no-brainer as I assume vimeo does not want me to do what I think I am about to do: upload the same large file multiple times so I can have separate PWs for each. I'm submitting to film festivals, which require a stable PW for several months during the programming phase, and I need to have very temporary instances of the film available for other reasons.

Fred Ireland

Fred Ireland

I agree with all the above requests for this feature. To say this is too difficult to implement does not sound sincere. Who are the customers here? There are too many requests for this feature to ignore its importance to the community.

Barbara Klutinis

Barbara Klutinis PRO

Well, just add one more vote for multiple passwords. We are all paying customers to Vimeo. Can't you do this for us? People have been requesting this feature for over 3 years!!!

Screentime

Screentime PRO

Adding our voice to this too. Please implement this feature. Even if it is simply multiple passwords without the tracking. Would save a lot of time and space.

2V Studios

2V Studios PRO

Adding my name to the long long list of people who would appreciate the multiple passwords feature.

Stand With Congo

Stand With Congo

Hi all! Thanks everyone for voicing your interest in this very useful feature.

Vimeo STAFF, looks like your last post here was 2 years ago. Are there any updates? Sounds like the feature of multiple passwords/links for a single video would be possible while protecting security.

This feature would be incredibly helpful and encourage all users to continue hosting/posting/sharing on Vimeo. My org just joined Vimeo but our staffers have had great experience with Vimeo - we'd love to stay with you and this feature would be a deciding factor.

Thank you,
Garrett for Stand With Congo

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Hi Garrett, unfortunately I do not have an update about multiple passwords. We're aware of the requests but it is not currently on our roadmap at this time.

Stand With Congo

Stand With Congo

I'm sorry, but we had to take our business elsewhere. Please let us know if you add this feature sometime in the future. Thank you.

XRM Media

XRM Media PRO

Hi Stand With Congo,

Did you happen to find another option with this feature we all are looking to find?

Stand With Congo

Stand With Congo

Wistia.com enables custom passwords and various ways to imbed videos. They got our business!

Glanzend

Glanzend

Did wistia provide multiple password?

Lance Tracy

Lance Tracy PRO

Please add this feature. And please consider your customers. We need it.

EastWestFilms

EastWestFilms PRO

It's been 4 years now since the beginning of this requested feature. Still it hasn't been added. I need this feature too. Please add.

Rain Perry

Rain Perry PRO

I just googled this topic - I need this feature too! It would be great to be able to administer several passwords. For example: I'd like to give a temporary password to certain viewers, but the screener link I send to people in the business must have a password that never changes.

vTutorOnline

vTutorOnline Plus

Adding my vote but I dont think anyone at vimeo is looking at this thread.. 4 years and no response, really?

Glanzend

Glanzend

adding my vote too, but looks like Vimeo is not considering it :( too bad, gonna change platform

MetaTracks

MetaTracks

I desperately need this as well. Multiple passwords on the same video, or (less ideally) a way to clone a video so that we can set multiple passwords.

As of right now it seems we have to take our business elsewhere. :(

Virginia Cromie

Virginia Cromie

I want to say- I don't think this is a niche issue at all, it's a major concern for every person who has a creative intellectual property to protect.

This is an enormous concern for your key base- independent filmmakers.

Finding a way to support our efforts to track and understand who is watching our film and maintaining control over that process would be a huge benefit that would make vimeo the universal choice to host our content.

As the scores of previous commenters mention, there are a variety of ways to accomplish this- unique URLs are certainly one way- URLs that link to the main film page but that have a built in expiry, and a summary page where the owner can see in a flash how many views each URL has generated, and get stats on those views if needed.

This functionality would be A HUGE gamechanger- please consider!

Thank you

XRM Media

XRM Media PRO

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has come up with a solution/temporary fix as we wait for Vimeo to add this feature?

Would love to hear if there are other solutions besides copying/reuploading videos for specific individuals and then deleting/changing the password later.

Thank you!

Stand With Congo

Stand With Congo

Wistia.com enables custom passwords and various ways to imbed videos. They got our business!

XRM Media

XRM Media PRO

Thank you so much, I'll be sure to look into Wistia.com. Really, truly appreciate your input!

Glanzend

Glanzend

great! do we need to buy wistia for this features?

Nick Soares

Nick Soares

CineVolt for private screeners! Its specifically built for screener links. Track your passwords and engagement...

Link: cinevolt.com

NFB RandD

NFB RandD PRO

Maybe have the ability to create video alias, where you can set a different password and so on. But you can't delete the original video. That would give a workaround while not over complexifying your architecture.

Principe Productions

Principe Productions PRO

Agree this would be very useful. I was looking for it today and assumed a Pro account would have this capability. Seems like an obvious thing for Vimeo to offer.

Freesongs

Freesongs PRO

Also when using video on demand and you want to sell the videos (STREAMING ONLY) there is NO copy protection. Multiple passwords for every streamer would be great !!!!!!!!

Lance Tracy

Lance Tracy PRO

Guys - we need multiple passwords - as we send screeners to various distributors and industry folks - we need the ability to track who sees it and remove access. How hard can it be to add additional passwords? Show your paid users some love.

Jean Spencer

Jean Spencer

Hi one more vote for multiple passwords. As a part of a modern, lead-generation marketing campaign we marketers need the ability to have single use access to videos. This could literally CHANGE the game for vimeo. With 75% of Internet traffic being video in 2017, combined with the increasing use of marketing automation campaigns, vimeo stands to be the leader in demand-gen marketing.

Link: colorcreative.com

Susannah Heath-Eves

Susannah Heath-Eves Plus

Dear Vimeo Support Team, You are wonderful! Could you please add multiple passwords for videos? It would be so practical. Thank you, Susannah

Victoria Linssen

Victoria Linssen Plus

Dear Vimeo - Please provide the ability to add multiple users and multiple passwords to each video. I need to be able to screen films with specific individuals for set periods of time, rather than simply a broad password that could be passed from person to person. It would be AWESOME if you would provide the ability to have say 20, 50, 100 people, each with their own password for the same video!

miguel ortega

miguel ortega PRO

multiple passwords would be amazing!! as for it being "niche" isnt the niche part why we chose vimeo over youtube?

Intrigue Entertainment

Intrigue Entertainment Plus

Adding another vote to this. Would love to keep Vimeo but might have to go somewhere else unless we can get this feature.

Articolture

Articolture PRO

Multiple password would be important for us, saving an enormous amount of time and web bandwidth! Please add it for PRO users.

Devin Sanchez

Devin Sanchez PRO

Any luck with adding multiple passwords? If not, Filmmakers out there- how have you been resolving this issue? Just uploading the same film and attaching different passwords to the separate links of the same video?

Greg Quinn

Greg Quinn PRO

Really really really really wish I hadn't become a paid pro member a few weeks ago, I should have checked Vimeo pro support more thoroughly before joining. Complete waste of money. I'm following this thread which track back over 5 years - what the heck!. Plus no support for one-time URLs, etc. Vimeo seems to have a skeleton staff of programmers, and is probably is wait-and-see-mode waiting for a buyer - don't expect any new features.

Pierre Sauvage

Pierre Sauvage PRO

Count me among those who don't understand why Vimeo is withholding from us the ability to use multiple passwords....

Sarahrose

Sarahrose

In the past I have been able to "Share" to youtube and Vimeo without any problems. Suddenly now when I send a file to Vimeo via FCPX 10.2.3 running OSX 10.11.6, I get a message within FCPX that says "share successful." But it never uploads. I doulble checked the Vimeo password, deleted the share and made a new one in FCPX, but no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.