Bavaria Film Interactive GmbH

Bavaria Film Interactive GmbH PRO

It would be nice to duplicate portfolios and then edit the metadata of the copy of the portfolio for a slightly different purpose. I think this should be quite easy to implement. Thank you!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

I am not sure how prevalent this particular use case would be but we will keep your suggestion in mind.

Rue De La Vie

Rue De La Vie PRO

This would be fantastic! Pro Wedding Cinematographers are moving away from DVDs and Blu-Rays and Vimeo Portfolios are an excellent way to share the couple's videos. I set it up custom every time and it would be wonderful and soooo time saving to just duplicate and replace videos.

Link: vimeopro.com/ruedelavie/lizzy-denver

Ableton Liveschool

Ableton Liveschool PRO

Yes please! We manually create/recreate portfolios for every student and this is a mammoth task. We have started to create portfolios for entire classes but with anonymity (and lack of login tracking data) this makes it more likely URL's and passwords will be shared.

We would like to be able to set up a template portfolio, duplicate it, and edit the title / subtitle for each portfolio. It would reduce our enormous Vimeo admin to about 2% of it's current burden

3 Ton Group

3 Ton Group PRO

Would love the template portfolio option instead of creating a custom one from scratch each and every time.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

For portfolio customization we agree that some sort of preset settings would be helpful and we hope to add this feature in the next release cycle.

FFAKE Animation

FFAKE Animation PRO

It doesn't seem like too hard a thing to do, and it lets you create a look for a standard portfolio and then be consistent with the other portfolios. It's time consuming to try and match one portfolio look to another. I create lots of portfolios and its a pain to recreate it every time....

ALTOFILM

ALTOFILM PRO

Please...
Duplicating a manually customized portfolio would really be very helpful.

Thanks.

Nutmeg

Nutmeg PRO

We would find a duplicate portfolio option or custom preset extremely helpful.

CollegePlus

CollegePlus PRO

Duplicating portfolios would be helpful for us as well.

Big Brother Bear School

Big Brother Bear School PRO

One more vote for this much needed feature. I'm actually very surprised that is hasn't been implemented from the start. This is after all Vimeo Pro, and your clientele consists to a great extent of businesses.

Tip for you: businesses like solutions that save them time. If your proposed solution meets all my other criteria, and saves me more time that the other providers, you've got my business.

ProductionFor

ProductionFor PRO

Yes, please. I understand it's being considered for the next release cycle (stated 7 months ago in this thread). When is the next release cycle? Will it include this much needed feature?

Edit Previews

Edit Previews PRO

Totally agree with this - manually recreating a portfolio with the same layout and design is very time-consuming. Saving one as a template, or duplicating a pre-existing portfolio and then tweaking it is definitely required. PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE!! Thank you.

explain.it

explain.it

it would be great duplicating portfolios. please add this feature. thank you.

GREENROOM FILMS

GREENROOM FILMS PRO

Yes please- either a duplicate button or a template option. This is a big pain for us and we need to be consistent.

Screen D'Or Pictures, Inc.

Screen D'Or Pictures, Inc. PRO

Yes. The ability to duplicate a portfolio that has been created and customized would be very helpful for Pro users.

Vito DeSario

Vito DeSario PRO

i would have thought this was an easy feature. who knew it didn't exist. Perhaps next release please.

Sprout Films

Sprout Films PRO

We could also really use this feature. Thanks for your consideration.

D2 Creative

D2 Creative PRO

This is needed. I see this thread is over a year old. Anything I can to to escalate this?

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

We're considering it but unfortunately don't have any updates right now.

Well Go USA

Well Go USA PRO

Yes, this function is very important for us also, please add.
It been year, can't believe you still not release yet.
Please...please...please...that would be helpful to have it.

ProductionFor

ProductionFor PRO

Hi Vimeo,
I'm requesting this feature again. I posted 10 months ago about this. I would be willing to pay extra for this feature. Could you be specific about if and/or when this feature will be released? Thanks!

Diode Digital

Diode Digital PRO

+1 for this.. It's a nightmare having to redo a portfolio from scratch each time

boxers

boxers PRO

absolutely. duplicating Portfolios would be a godsend

Zoomari Films

Zoomari Films PRO

YES!!! PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN! IT should not be too complicated to figure out how to implement this.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

We're aware of this request and believe it may have a place in the product spec for Vimeo PRO, but we don't have any plans as of yet to implement it.

Firecracker Films

Firecracker Films PRO

This is an absolute must. I expected the same functionality as the template on the video player - nightmare to have to do each one manually.

SYNAPSE

SYNAPSE PRO

We'd like to echo this request! The ability to duplicate a portfolio, or to save out layout customizations as a new template, is absolutely essential. Sometimes portfolio customizations take quite a lot of tweaks to get just right for a certain purpose, and it would be ideal not to have to repeat that effort each time a new portfolio is created. Thanks!

mediaRock

mediaRock PRO

+1 for me. Members have been asking for this for over a year. I think that's a pretty strong indication

The Hatchwork

The Hatchwork PRO

We desperately need this feature as well. We waste TONS of time recreating the same portfolios over and over again.

B47 Studios

B47 Studios PRO

+1 for us! It would be great to have a way to duplicate our existing portfolios, or create customized portfolio templates. I'm currently writing a checklist for my coworkers for creating portfolios so that they all look uniform and professional.

Wood Designer

Wood Designer PRO

Please add this functionality. It's a huge waste of time replicating the settings.

Field Forensics, Inc.

Field Forensics, Inc. PRO

"but we don't have any plans as of yet to implement it." After a year of several PAYING customers making requests for this feature one would think plans to implement it would be nearing completion! It's a no-brainer, really, an extremely valuable time-saving feature for paying customers...

Hanson Dodge Creative

Hanson Dodge Creative PRO

We would use this all of the time to create branded, private client greenrooms for review of work. It would be a great function to implement. Please.

Screencult Production

Screencult Production PRO

Surely this would be an easy piece of code to implement, to avoid your valued customers from using other platforms.

Andrew Sellon

Andrew Sellon PRO

Yes, please add this feature ASAP! Even for a small business like mine, once I get a Portfolio formatted the way I like it, there should be an option to duplicate those settings to create another Portfolio, and then add the different videos and metatagging. I'm a new Vimeo Pro user, and disappointed that this feature doesn't already exist--particularly since people have been asking for it for a couple of years now. This must be a pretty easy thing to code. Please: make this a priority! Thanks.

explain.it

explain.it

how Andrew said, please make it a priority now! we are waiting for almost a year for this implementation.

Gregg Thompson

Gregg Thompson PRO

Another vote for this please, shouldn't take a couple years to implement

Addison Deitz

Addison Deitz PRO

+1. I'm a new customer and like the platform but will be looking for an alternative that offers a "copy" feature on portfolios. As soon as I find one I like, I'm gone! I see the first response from Vimeo was more than two years ago. Shameful.

ProductionFor

ProductionFor PRO

Again requesting this. I've asked for this 4 times over the course of more than a year. Please implement this. Or if anyone can suggest another way to do it, other than moving to a different service, please post.

Strike Anywhere

Strike Anywhere PRO

Just to keep the pressure on - yeah this would be awesome. It would be such a time saver. Directors make custom reels/portfolios specifically tailored to each job opportunity. I make a handful of portfolios every week, all different in terms of content but I'd like to be able to quickly apply my appearance settings and custom CSS.

Juan Cadaveira

Juan Cadaveira PRO

Please do it!!!! I just copy the same reason another user posted. Or create a preset you can save so we do not need to start from scratch every time we need to create a portfolio.
Just to keep the pressure on - yeah this would be awesome. It would be such a time saver. Directors make custom reels/portfolios specifically tailored to each job opportunity. I make a handful of portfolios every week, all different in terms of content but I'd like to be able to quickly apply my appearance settings and custom CSS.

Wood Designer

Wood Designer PRO

I'm just about to create around 100 portfolios and waste of lot of time sorting out the settings again and again. Please sort this out.

Alex Gomez

Alex Gomez PRO

Please oh please add this ability to duplicate portfolios. It would save me so very much time and effort, and it seems like such an extremely simple thing to do. It's heartbreaking to be inhibited by this limitation. Perhaps you could create some kind of macro to do it or something even. Any progress would help... even a saved template to start with or something like that. Oh well, back to manually duplicating portfolios for the next half hour.

Alex Gomez

Alex Gomez PRO

Please oh please add this ability to duplicate portfolios. It would save me so very much time and effort, and it seems like such an extremely simple thing to do. It's heartbreaking to be inhibited by this limitation. Perhaps you could create some kind of macro to do it or something even. Any progress would help... even a saved template to start with or something like that. Oh well, back to manually duplicating portfolios for the next half hour.

Seeblick Media

Seeblick Media PRO

vimeo pro is not a free service and it should`t be hard to script that feature, please continue to make your customers happy.

Oilennium

Oilennium PRO

Not getting my hopes up as this thread is two years old, but I would love this feature to be made available too.

Leslie Dow

Leslie Dow PRO

Me too. I deal with this every time I have to create a new portfolio for a class.

The Tyre Corporation

The Tyre Corporation PRO

is this going to happen. it seems like it is pretty basic. basically just needs to be the same way you can set up template settings for the video functions. do it one time. then select your template. or at least be able to duplicate them.

WireBuzz

WireBuzz

Please add this feature. Why can't we at least have basic presets to maintain consistent looks across portfolios?

Big Spoon Industries

Big Spoon Industries PRO

PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE. WHen you send live portfolios to people, the links stay LIVE. If you need to send much of the same material to somone else, or display it for someone else, it makes NO sense to rebuild all of it. Just duplicate and make simple changes. This is hugely necessary to Pro users.

Juan Cadaveira

Juan Cadaveira PRO

I can't believe, it's been more than 2 years and Vimeo can not create a button next to "delete this portfolio" who says "duplicate this portfolio"?

Juan Cadaveira

Juan Cadaveira PRO

It's been 9 months since a Vimeo staff member even bother to reply to this request from many members. I'm wondering if Vimeo even care about their client's needs and improving an interface that is becoming old everyday. If you are an user who needs this feature please come back every other day to keep requesting it. Thank you.

Bedrijfsbeelden

Bedrijfsbeelden PRO

Why are you making me work so much, while all i want is a button that says COPY PORTFOLIO

Come one guys. I want to make personlized videos on a personlized website, but I can't do it, becasue making 100 portfolios will take me days.
Please make this possible.

Or please explain why you are not doing it. From a developers point of view it seems so easy to make this feature

Connie Rooney

Connie Rooney PRO

I need to duplicate my Portfolio settings without having to start over every time I create a new Portfolio! Please add these settings!

Sun Video

Sun Video PRO

Can you say why you don't have any plans? This is a pretty standard request for a pro/paid for service. We upload on average 30 videos a day - making a portfolio template each time is ridiculous and the change needed is such a simple piece of functionality.

Listen to your paying customers!

Van Vlier Media

Van Vlier Media PRO

Dear Vimeo Guys, to duplicate / copy / preset portfolio settings would be extremely usable for servicing our clients and add so much more value to your service. Can you specify if we can expect something in the near future? Of course no is also an awnser...

2komma5 - HLK

2komma5 - HLK PRO

Yes, we definitely need a feature like portfolio template or at least a feature for duplicate an existing one!

Bobby and The Aristocats

Bobby and The Aristocats PRO

Vimeo....for those of us that use this to market to clients, it would be a lot quicker to duplicate the portfolio and customize it with the Agents contact name and number. It is too time consuming to recreate this every time just to add a different name and telephone number.

This is still a need, which is evident that you are still getting request after two years from the initial request

Dimedia

Dimedia PRO

Copy Portfolio needed!!!!!! Please! Vimeo? Any update roadmaps? When we can see this simple feature online?

Colleen Parquette

Colleen Parquette PRO

+1 on this - Or - the ability to create a personal Master portfolio template setting that your Pro Portfolio option would default to. THX

XYZ

XYZ PRO

Hoping that another voice will help here...being able to copy portfolios or at least save the changes I've made to the default template would save a ton of time.

L37 Creative

L37 Creative PRO

PLEASE ADD THIS! We are constantly recreating the same portfolios for different clients. It would be amazing to just duplicate, rename and give it a new password.

Fugitives Creative

Fugitives Creative PRO

+1 ! PLEASE ADD THIS! We too are recreating the exact same portfolio structure time after time.

ScottBarkerFilms

ScottBarkerFilms PRO

Please add this feature! We love presenting our work to clients with the Vimeo Pro Portfolios and having to recreate the customized theme for every client and every project is a huge pain. Almost a big enough pain to unsubscribe from the $200 a year "Pro" service.

DKDMedia

DKDMedia PRO

I see that this has been requested over the past 3 years. Yes, I agree it would be very helpful. Obviously people are using the Portfolio feature in ways you had not anticipated when you designed it. It would be a lot more useful if it were fully customizable, e.g. an HTML & graphics page that contains the iframe(s) for selected videos ... The templates are fine for 'quick & dirty" use but have many problematic limitations. Regardless, even a small amount of design and text alterations must be laboriously recreated if you want the same portfolio, but a different link number and password for different people. In our case, we have material that is our own copyright, that we allow people to review briefly. We limit their access, and then change the password or delete the portfolio ... so that they do not indiscriminately distribute our copyrighted material in perpetuity. That means we must make new portfolios, as I said, laboriously recreating from scratch.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.