Lisa Bruce

Lisa Bruce

I wish that when I posted a new private video that Vimeo would send an email notifying the people I shared it with that they have a new video and or that their vimeo app on their iPad, iphone or apple tv would show a badge letting them know of the knew video.
I post new videos all the time but my family and friends never see them because they do not know they are there since they don't log into Vimeo unless they know new content is waiting.
If it can't happen automatically I wish there was a button I could press or a box I could tick while I'm uploading the video that would send the email to the people I shared it with once the video has been uploaded and is live on the site. Vimeo send an email like this to me - I just wish it went to everyone that was given access to the private video.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to provide feedback and request new features. I appreciate it.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hello Lisa. It's something we've considered in the past but for now decided to take a more passive stance. Active members on Vimeo subscribe to tons of people and receiving notifications for each upload from all those contacts, we believed, would be a little too much. We do however provide a daily digest email that highlights some of the recently uploaded videos from your contacts and, of course, there's the home page where people can browse all of the feeds.

Lisa Bruce

Lisa Bruce

Hi Soxlam,
Thank you so much for your thoughtful response. I can completely understand and respect that rational. I would still however Love to have the option to choose to receive a notification of new videos uploaded by my preferred feeds. I'm sure everyone has a few that they are really interested in following.
Thanks again for the opportunity to provide feedback on Vimeo.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.