Punch Drunk

Punch Drunk Plus

When anybody watches a video on Vimeo, they are presented with a large black bar at the top of the page that scrolls through other videos in that user's account.

I almost never want to show people random videos from my account, I just want to share with them one specific video. While I don't mind if they end up finding the other videos, I definitely do not want to present them so easily - this is especially confounding when I'm sending over a video to one group of people and they are sidetracked by looking at other videos from other projects that are totally off-topic.

Please let us turn this feature off! Thank you,

Jacob

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hi. I assume you are referring to the specific behavior where the video browser module opens by default when the video finishes playing? If so, the behavior of that module is in testing. The current behavior is the second iteration we are testing and we believe there could be few different tests before we figure out the best working one. Thanks for your input. We will take it into consideration as we continue to test different versions and monitor results.

Punch Drunk

Punch Drunk Plus

Hey Soxiam, thanks for the reply! Think we may be talking about different things - I'm referring to the large black bar at the top of the screen on every video playback page, I screen-shotted it here:

diigo.com/item/image/17jw6/a7r6

It's that bar of all various recent videos from our account I'd like to disable from appearing on each individual video page.

Thank you!

Link: diigo.com/item/image/17jw6/a7r6

Packafōma

Packafōma

Yes, I would also very much like to disable this feature. I'm talking about the row of thumbnails that appear at the very top when a video reaches the end or if you click the More Videos tab, as Punch Drunk described.

For one thing, it has never worked correctly in Safari or Firefox. If you click on a thumbnail, it just dims the current video and the page becomes frozen.

Also, it's really annoying when you're trying to scroll back to the top of a page, particularly with a Magic Mouse, because the More Videos strip becomes the top of the page. This pushes the bottom of the current video down below the fold on my laptop display.

The implementation is a strange too. Video pages actually open already scrolled down slightly. It's a cool design idea, I guess, but not functional.

William

William Plus

Also trying to remove this bar so that my videos are not shown to others. is there a solution?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Your public videos will always be accessible to other people on Vimeo. There are multiple ways one can browse your public videos. If you do not want to share them with the public, then you should make them private.

Packafōma

Packafōma

Personally, I'm not concerned about the visibility of my other videos after a video is finished playing, but the implementation is really poor. The page opens partly scrolled down, which is bizarre, and if you scroll back to the top after reading down the page, the thumbnails appear, which is often before I've watched the video. So I find myself trying to carefully position the video at the top of the screen to not get stuck with a partially cut-off, non-functional set up thumbnails.

More surprisingly, it just plain doesn't work in Safari or Firefox, which is pretty wild after all these months.

Generally speaking, I love the aesthetics and functionality of your site, which is why this is such a surprising exception.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

I too have seen this behavior from time to time. Most of the time, it's a display bug in specific browsers that are resolved by refreshing the page. We will try to improve this.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.