dalas verdugo

dalas verdugo Staff

Please tell us what you would like to see in the next version of the forums. We are already discussing:

-Notifications when someone posts to one of your "subscribed" forum threads

-Search functions

-"Sticky" posts

-More "html" type code for images and links

-A way to view all the posts that had activity today

Please tell us any additional ideas you have so that we can discuss them during our development.

Thanks guys!

Miles

Miles

how about the ability to quote a post, but not manually.

like having a button that says "quote" at the end of someone's post. and when you click it, the next time you post it will show the quote above what you posted. This makes it easy to communicate with someone if the topic has changed and you dont want to be irrelevant.

Paul McClintock

Paul McClintock

I think html activity should be severely limited, I'd hate images and shit to take over the forums. Just look at myspace, it's awful. You'd have to limit the size or something.

dalas verdugo

dalas verdugo Staff

Yes, I already brought up "quoting" in discussions. I forgot to include it in my list because it was a part of the "html" stuff.

pauk: Don't worry. We will never let the aesthetics get out of control. Vimeo looks good and we plan to keep it that way.

johnbmx4christ

johnbmx4christ

.heck just the search function will do...but..instead of the after midnight all the times change to "yesterday" thingy..can it simply just be in "hour" format?like..4 hours ago..250 hours ago.

Paul McClintock

Paul McClintock

That makes sense, seeing as it's only yesterday by New York time.

DJ Paine

DJ Paine Plus

it'd be better to actually have the time and date, but the user can default it to their time zone...

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

It's almost the same thing that "A way to view all the posts that had activity today" but to see what happened since the last time you've watched the forum. Maybe with only a change of color in the title of the post or something like that.

Andrew Love

Andrew Love

why not use the same bit of code that's on a video's page where it gives you a rough idea of when it was posted, but reveals the post time and date upon mouseover?

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

Yes, A new section FAQ could be great ! It's already easy to have an answer about a problem but there isn't a specific place so, there are post in sometimes two sections.

Perez

Perez

search.

and would be nice if vimeo could support non-english characters, like flickr.

ojo

ojo

I would like to choose how many thumbnails or activity lines are shown on one page.
For example whe I view my "Liked videos" there are only 4 rows to see.
And activities is also limited to ? days.
This should be selectable.

Remyyy

Remyyy Plus

I don't know if it's a good idea but pages for the long threads.
With the increase of traffic, it could have thread with more than 20, 30, 40, 5000 posts and it could maybe difficult to read without losing the line. But I don't know because exept on Vimeo, I'm not a forum user.

Jonathan Marcus

Jonathan Marcus

Thanks for participating everyone. Please keep the ideas coming!

ojo

ojo

Oh sorry, I didn�t read the headline thorough!

Ian Lucero

Ian Lucero Plus

Not interested in placing images in the forums. What I don't like in other forums is when someone quotes someone that had images in their post, the image gets posted again and again and again. I think linking to an images via flickr or whatever is better. Cleaner err something like that.

Miles

Miles

I have an idea.

Let's say you're at work, school, or a busy place where you can't watch a video that you want to watch. And you know when you get home, you're going to forget about that video. So how about a bookmark system where you can bookmark a video and it goes into your "lineup."

I thought this would be a pretty cool feature.

islebehere

islebehere PRO

hey miles... if that doesn't happen, try using subscriptions. it'll be in it's own "lineup" on your homepage, if you do that.

Miles

Miles

yea, i was thinking the same thing. but if i forget about the videos, the subscription is going to go down the list and it won't be in that little thing on my homepage.

I guess this feature would be for someone who doesnt check their vimeo everyday or they check it once every few days.

Johann

Johann

I want to second Perez: I'd like to be able to use non-English characters (Umlauts etc.) as well. Right now, it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Like this: ä ö ü ß

Edit: Now it works, but it doesn't work all the time... I'll keep watching for this.

islebehere

islebehere PRO

jamesareel, try adding a caption underneath. that might help until the thumbnail thing is made available. it would definitely let people know what the clip is about.

Jerry Norman

Jerry Norman Plus

Two things: 1) ability to switch between threaded and flat view of messages, and 2) abiliity to get a list of just my messages.

With 2) I would like to be able to click on any of my messages and see the entire thread. This is handy for checking if there have been any new responses.

Thanks, Jerry

Will H

Will H

hi dalas - better search in the forums would really help.

search this topic, this forum, all forums etc.

thanks,

w

Will H

Will H

better search ability, by topic, forum, etc.

Duncan Sample

Duncan Sample

Could we have a view of every post we have participated in? Similar to Flickr's "Comments you've made" feature, so we can see the threads with the messages since we sent a message.

clickykbd

clickykbd

Yipee... I was able to find a relevant topic to put this in.

I second Will Hutson about ability to narrow search to a specific forum topic. Esp useful for features/bugs postings. But vastly improved over the last version. Great work.

heather

heather

I know this is an older topic, however, I was just wondering if instead of hiding the end of the comments for a topic if it could do some in the middle. I keep going and think I'm reading new ones and then remember to click to view the ones I haven't read. It's not a big deal at all, eventually I'll actually remember to click it right away, but that was just a thought.

Perez

Perez

Maybe a forum for recommended clips... somehting like "i recommend this clip because..."

timtak

timtak

Search sub-forums
Own posts
Next oldest posts button (tbe blue arrow) at bottom of page, not only at top
forum subscription management
please

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.