heho

heho

I please the team to add more functionality that allows the crowd to interact with the clips:

-define chapters within the video
Allow to create permalinks for and to mark specific areas, that user (maybe even withhout login?) like or dislike

-subtitles and translations
As a lot people don't nessesary speak english or provide content only in their native language, it would be superb, if I can check an option to allow people to create subtitles and translations for the video and of course allow them to download them with the video

-embedding links
Esp. for campaings it would be pretty cool to add clickable links. If it would result in to much work for designing such an editor or if you expecting spam, it would be ok, just to analyse the video for links in QR codes (if the author request it)

-donations
Are there any plans to add native support for paypal, flattr, bitcoin yet?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We will be working on adding caption to our player this year. As for the embedding links or chaptering, we are not considering those options at this time although you can set up an outro for embedded videos with a link. We also support tip jar function for our Plus and PRO subscribers.

heho

heho

Hi, thanks for your reply Sociam :)

Sadly as an open source project we can't efford an PRO account just to push a video from time to time. And at least here in EU online credit card transfers aren't that popular (more is PayPal, Flattr or direct transfer). Bitcoin is open source as well and I heared at least wordpress.com supports it, yes it's dedicated to non mainstream users, maybe same as viemeo? :)

Sad, but maybe then we have to make use of youtube to get an good international coverage :(

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

I am not exactly sure what you mean by "more is PayPal" but I just wanted to let you know that we DO support PayPal for our tip jar transactions.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.