Will Solis

Will Solis

Any update on it?

EDIT: yeh I noticed that I spelt video wrong. dammit

Kyle Gast

Kyle Gast

Sorry to bump a 6 month old thread but, since Firefox is now supporting H.264 across most of the platforms it's available for, when will the HTML5 player be enabled on site and not just for embedded videos?

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Hi Kyle,

It should be working in Firefox for Android right now, and it will work very soon on Windows. AFAIK, those are the only two platforms that have H.264 support in Firefox right now.

Šime Vidas

Šime Vidas

Consider putting up a message for Firefox users. The current state is that no message is displayed which falls under the category of a bug since the site is broken.

I'm viewing in Firefox on Windows 8.1 and I don't have Flash installed. On Vimeo, videos won't load and no message is displayed. This will cause confusion. For instance, it led me to believe that Vimeo doesn't provide an HTML5 player *at all* (see my tweet below).

Link: twitter.com/simevidas/status/375222361974263808

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Hi kavrelune,

We've always relied on using canPlayType, we just had Firefox blacklisted because they didn't support H.264 for such a long time (and because we never tested in in Firefox). We're slowly rolling out a new version of our player that adds support.

Simon Kaczor

Simon Kaczor

Just upgraded to Firefox 24 on ArchLinux, enabled gstreamer in about:config and the first website I was anticipating to see in full glory was Vimeo. Very disapointing: no more complaining about missing h264, but the playback buttons are missing and there is no way to start the video.

I hope that you have the new version ready to be rolled out soon. Please?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.