Tony Castle

Tony Castle

We will be accepting short & feature films made for under $200,000*

Filmmakers who submit will have their films screened and selected by our panel of judges, which includes Academy Award-winning actress SUSAN SARANDON, New York City icon and performance artist JUSTIN BOND, documentary filmmaker and photographer HARVEY WANG, and more judges to be added soon! The selected films will screen in Manhattan’s Lower East Side, March 6th – 18th at a variety of unique locations. Filmmakers are invited to attend the screenings, festival parties, and the general hoopla of LES* 2012.

to submit visit: lesfilmfestival.com/quicksubmit

The Early Bird Deadline is coming up!
October 31st, 2011.
More details here: lesfilmfestival.com/submit

* films posted on this Forum will not be accepted as official submissions, but feel free to share!

Melissa Lowery

Melissa Lowery Plus

Hey there! My question is, can you submit trailers?? My feature documentary, Black Girls In Suburbia is in post production and won't be ready :( But I would love to submit my trailer vimeo.com/29074037 !!

Thanks,
Melissa Lowery

Tony Castle

Tony Castle

Hey Melissa!
Your film looks great!
Unfortunately, we do not accept trailers but we do accepts works in progress, so once you have a solid rough draft SUBMIT THAT THANG!

omerwaiz

omerwaiz

hello,
what are your final dates for submissions?

Orlando Lemos

Orlando Lemos

Deadlines & Submission Fees:

Earlybird Deadline: October 31st, 2011
Features: $25 fee / $20 WAB Discounted Fee
Shorts: $10 fee / no WAB discount

Regular Deadline: December 1st, 2011
Features: $30 fee / $25 WAB Discounted Fee
Shorts: $20 fee / $15 WAB Discounted Fee

Late Deadline: January 31st, 2012
Features: $40 fee / $35 WAB Discounted Fee
Shorts: $30 fee / $25 WAB Discounted Fee

WAB Extended Deadline: February 5th, 2012
Features: $55 fee / $40 WAB Discounted Fee
Shorts: $45 fee / $30 WAB Discounted Fee

Submissions will be accepted through our website shortly!

Tony Castle

Tony Castle

Thanks Orlando for following up for us!

Håkon Larssen - Director

Håkon Larssen - Director

Thank you Tony. I will submit the film to the festival as soon as we have the subtitles ready made.

Jean-Sebastien B. Miousse

Jean-Sebastien B. Miousse

Professional Composer, audio producer, orchestrator sound designer, mixing and mastering artist for all your music needs.

jsmiousse.com

Can work for free and low amounts to add to my portfolio while I have low amount of work right now.

Christine Elcoate

Christine Elcoate

Hi Jean-Sebastien, I am new to vimeo and am doing a love project for a young arts organisation. It is just a promo for a senior student professional development week held once a year by an organisation called Flying Arts. I am looking for something for backing...upbeat, young and vibrant.

Tony Castle

Tony Castle

LES* would love to have a 3D Night! Lets see those 3D Films!

Brian Troy

Brian Troy Plus

Are you considering films that have already been shown online through Vimeo?

Tony Castle

Tony Castle

For Sure!
We always respect filmmakers wanting to get their film out their! Vimeo is a great way to do it. In fact, in the next 2 weeks you'll be able to submit through our website with your vimeo link. Stay tuned for that!

Edgar Ecace

Edgar Ecace

Hi,
I am new on participating, what are the requirements to participate and how long those the short film has to be?

TRUTHLIE

TRUTHLIE

Brian Troy, I have the same question - Are you considering films that have already been shown online through Vimeo?

kibishipaul

kibishipaul

Hi

I'm thinking of entering an animation short, but I was wondering whether your festival accepts 'machinima' type movies. The movie is at the link below. It was not made with a game engine.

vimeo.com/26827543

Tony Castle

Tony Castle

Of course! Looks cool. Submit away!

Thursday Film

Thursday Film

Hi!

Will you be accepting submissions from outside of the US? We are based in the UK.

Cheers

Tony Castle

Tony Castle

For sure! We show films from all around the world.

joe jose

joe jose

hi there,... iam joe iam new to vimeo. i have uploaded only two of my videos ..if u could watch one and comment it it would be a boost for a novice like me to participate..hope u ll watch this vimeo.com/26930742

joe jose

joe jose

thanks tony...hmm..editing work in terms of title is unfinished..need to work out..ill submit it mate..thanks for the comment..

Paulo Blob

Paulo Blob

Hello Tony!
I have a question, does a video like this vimeo.com/29944068 qualify as short? Even if does not have a narrative? I would love to submit but I dont know if it fits the festival :)

Tony Castle

Tony Castle

Of course. Last year we had a whole night dedicated to experimental films. Basically, films about movement, light, sound, emotion, basically everything but narrative storytelling. It was one of our most popular nights, so yes submit that thang! lesfilmfestival.com/quicksubmit

Adam Schmuter

Adam Schmuter

Is there a category for student films? I'm an aspiring filmmaker looking to win some festivals for my latest films to help get into a good film school.

Tony Castle

Tony Castle

There isn't a student film category. We accept films in two categories: Short and Feature. No matter where you made it or how you made it we want great storytelling executed on a budget. In other words, we accept student films but don't separate them into a student category, so go ahead and submit your film! lesfilmfestival.com/quicksubmit

toby nichol

toby nichol

My Question.. do you have to be local? im from the UK can i enter?

hagit kastel

hagit kastel

tony hi i am trying to submit my film to the festival
but it deosnt work.
here is my film- vimeo.com/30582543
hope you helpe me out with this.
best wishes
hagit kastel.

Tony Castle

Tony Castle

Hmmmm..... what doesn't seem do be working for ya?

Wytse Koetse

Wytse Koetse Plus

A new short film straight out of the oven!
"Quattro Formaggi", a pizza boy´s life isn´t all roses:
vimeo.com/30546771

"Pizza delivery is ranked as the fifth most
dangerous job category." - Bureau of Labor Statistics

hagit kastel

hagit kastel

hi tony-i am trying to uploude this video-vimeo.com/30582543- to the festival-but when
When I try to update the details and get the rubric listed
pay and submit-this rubrik Disappears.
hope ill be able to enter to the festival this video.
thanks in advance.
hagit kastel.

Tony Castle

Tony Castle

It seems we have received your submission form, but not your payment. If you try again, don't worry if the rubrik is empty (not sure why thats happening for you but we've already received your film and submission details), just continue to the Google Checkout and submit your payment and everything should be taken care of. Let me know if that works! Sorry for the inconvenience!

hagit kastel

hagit kastel

tony thanks i will try again-and i have another video wich i woulde like to uploude here.
thanks for your reply.
best wishes.
hagit.

Alberto

Alberto

hallo may i submit a short movie? if yes there is any time limit? or screenplay one?

Tony Castle

Tony Castle

Of course you can!
Shorts must be under 45min and features over 45mins.

We do not have a screenplay competition. But maybe next year!

You can submit your film at lesfilmfestival.com/quicksubmit

Tony Castle

Tony Castle

The Early Bird Deadline is October 31st! So, this week make sure to get your Halloween costume and also SUBMIT YOUR FILMS!

Tony Castle

Tony Castle

Yeah! If we get enough music videos we may have a whole night dedicated to music videos!

Submit away!

Rajat Nayyar / Espírito Kashi

Rajat Nayyar / Espírito Kashi

this is an episode of 8.30 min from a project i'm involved in. it's based in Varanasi, India. The town offers a look at the roots of the Indian culture.

The project aims to help preserve the culture of India.

This short film is how we celebrated Diwali here floating around Kashi. (Varanasi)

vimeo.com/31303787

Tony Castle

Tony Castle

We are now accepting 3D Movies! http://bit.ly/w2iyat

Tony Castle

Tony Castle

Awesome! Thanks so much for submitting!

Seni Oyewole

Seni Oyewole

I think I'll only make the late deadline!

Tony Castle

Tony Castle

You're in luck! We just extended the Regular Deadline to December 31st if you submit through The LES* QuickSubmit with your Vimeo link!

Gabriel Oliveira

Gabriel Oliveira

Hey, i have some questions:
1 - Can people for other country submit their short-films?
2 - Is it ok if the movie is in a foreign language (Portuguese, in may case), but with English subtitles?
3 - Can someone under 18 send their movies?

Tony Castle

Tony Castle

1. Absolutely!
2. With subtitles, yes!
3. Sure.

Thanks for checking LES* out.

YanB

YanB Plus

made with 0€

hello you can check out my videoclip at

vimeo.com/31642843

GALAXY POWER RANGER MAN!!!!
it's a mix beetween animation shooting motion graphics and other things

if you like it you can add it to your channel

have nice day!!!!

Atom Film

Atom Film

ETKI / EFFECT (Short Film-English Subtitles)
If the eye has a memory, the thing that it saw can be the most beautiful? (Different fiction, Different Story)

Manisa Altın Üzüm Film Festivali En İyi Film Ödülü (Best Short Film Award)
İstanbul Kısa Film Festivali Finalist
Kristal Klaket Kısa Film Yarışması Finalist
Dünya Göz Kısa Film Yarışması Finalist
Sinepark Film Festivali Finalist

Link: vimeo.com/43184901

Loki Ojha

Loki Ojha

Respected Dear Creative persons

Find this video

Product music video devil share Story ghost revenge.

Character was killed by his close friend and his wife for lust and business share and

Character soul appeared for his revenge

Worked as CG artist, effects, shoot, dance, acting, music,done with one pc and one nokia

mobile phone cam

Part first (response on you tube half upload)

youtube.com/watch?v=l2cXGv4askI

Finished part

aimdigitech.com/devil/ (Please do let us know if link is not working )

Video Duration: 4:12, PAL Size 720/576 FPS 25. Version Regular, Anaglaphic. stereoscopic

Accepted by these festival in various categories

Looking for any deal for mutual benefit like Distribution, venture capitalist,
Sponsorship, promoter, talent agents, media house with team support, an opportunity to
Create more projects like this

For information devilshare2002@gmail.com

Link: aimdigitech.com/devil/

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.