Uke'Kawika

Uke'Kawika

Phone - Nokia Lumia 920
Windows Phone 8

So the newest update of Vimeo to hit the windows phone market has seriously broken the app. After downloading the update it has reverted my beautiful and functional Windows Phone 8 version of Vimeo to this horrid error ridden non-HD WP7 app. Fix/acknowledge this ASAP please I'm working on videos atm plus you're going from tons of 5 star reviews to many many 1-star reviews on the market place EVERY DAY you guys fail to address the issue

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry for the inconvenience. We're currently aware of this issue and are working on a fix. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Uke'Kawika

Uke'Kawika

Can anyone give me an update on this issue/how soon will it be fixed? I'm aware you guys plan to fix this but at this rate you might take my feedback and consider undoing the last update while we wait for a fix. The last update was the one that broke my Lumia 920 Vimeo and reverted back to the god-awful WP7 version anyway, why leave this version up people are downloading it rating it 1 star and UNINSTALLING it. It'd be easier to just go back to the update prior to this last one IT WORKED AWESOME, people are impatient and no one is using your new Vimeo app on the new windows phone OS because of last broken update. Ughhh, just doesn't make any sense and I'm getting impatient I have videos ready to upload yet I can't my 3 months is being wasted

PS: People also complying that this is the SECOND time recently that a quote unquote Vimeo "update" was pushed to the Windows Phone market without testing it and that actually was a "downgrade" to an older version, unacceptable.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

I'm sorry for the frustration that this is causing you. We hope to have a fix out as soon as possible.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi there, unfortunately this issue is on Microsoft and Nokia's end, with little control from us. It appears this may have been fixed on other non-Nokia WP8 devices, but for Nokia Lumia 920 users like you and I, the old WP7 version is still applicable.

I'll check in with our mobile team to see what the status is, but please understand that this issue is not within our control; I apologize for any inconvenience.

Uke'Kawika

Uke'Kawika

Tommy, first let me apologize to you for the venting.

You were the first post I felt wasn't some robotic default answering machine response and I appreciate the knowledge you've brought forth. Hearing that the problem is actually on WP8 market/Nokia's side, I completely understand. I'm sorry that their error has led many to believe the fault is with the Vimeo team. Windows app store is already slackin' competition-wise compared to iOS & Android, but making app-devs look bad, that's a shame. Oh well, thank you for continuing to look into this issue for me, I will be patiently waiting and informing others about the issue behind the problem, and will check back here for updates.

Thanks again Tommy

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks for your understanding! I love my Nokia 920 but this has been one of the more frustrating bugs I've stumbled upon.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.