Bufalo Filmes

Bufalo Filmes

Hi, I want to set private videos in the channels I created but I can't manage. In the mainpage i uploaded the videos as private, them I added to the channel but it is not private anymore.Why?

Another question, the channel's memberships must be a vimeo registered

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi there, Videos added to containers (such as Channels, Groups, or Albums) will adhere to the privacy settings of that container. So, if you add a private video to a public channel, the video will be hidden on your profile but accessible to users via the channel.

If you can tell us what you're trying to do, we can suggest a better option for you.

Also, can you clarify your second question?

Paula Fellingham

Paula Fellingham

I am having a problem where I can't change it from Private to not private. I change it in the settings and have it show up, and my videos aren't showing up when I go to the link from another computer. I can't change any of the security settings and I just bought the PRO yesterday.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi Paula, Happy to take a look and help you out. Can you send me a link to the channel in question?

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

That seems to be your profile page, not a channel.

If you're like to make your profile and videos public on Vimeo.com, you'll need to turn on the Community Pass. You can read more at the link below. Let me know if you have any questions after reading it!

Vimeo FAQ: vimeo.com/help/faq/pro#community_pass

Tommy Forney

Tommy Forney Plus

I have a channel set to private. I upload videos and add them to the channel but they are visible when I log out and I find stats showing they have been viewed by others. It looks like I have to set privacy on every video singly? This doesn't seem right.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that, Tommy. Can you link me to the Channel so that I can take a look?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Tommy, your Channel and your videos are all private. Could Tori Sparks have been the one who has viewed them? When you log out, try then clearing your browser's cache and cookies. In the future, please just post in the forum instead of privately messaging me. If you would like to email someone, contact us via vimeo.com/help/contact.

Tommy Forney

Tommy Forney Plus

Sure, Ian. The reason I wanted to do it that way was because it seemed like it was open and I didn't want to post the channel because of that. So making a channel private, and then uploading and adding videos to that channel will result in all those being private? I thought that was the way it was supposed to work. Tori has been in Germany and in Spain. The geographic tool showed me that it had been viewed from France and she had told me she hadn't been able to see them. Thanks for your help and quick responses.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Tommy, sorry for the confusion. You will have to manually make your videos private. Simply adding them to a private Channel will not make a public video private.

Tommy Forney

Tommy Forney Plus

OK. I guess I don't understand what private channel does for you. Maybe there's something I;m not understanding about uploads. Is there a way to upload directly to the private channel so that it is never public to start with?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Tommy, no. You'll have to upload your videos and then add them to your Channel. You can however edit your global settings to make all current and subsequent uploads private (vimeo.com/settings/videos).

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.