Article19

Article19 PRO

A video on Vimeo that I have set to embed only on certain domains has been showing up on the embedded page as "embedding disabled by user" etc when it is allowed for that domain. Visiting Vimeo and re-saving the privacy settings corrected the issue.

vimeo.com/2750368 was the video and article19.co.uk was the domain.

Chris Emerson

Chris Emerson Plus

Same here... however no matter what I do I can't get it fixed. I've re-saved my privacy settings at vimeo a few times now and it still shows up as 'embedding disabled by user' on my blog! :( help!

PS: in fact ALL my videos are doing this now - and all were working as of last week!

3to1

3to1

I think I'm having a similar issue, I tried to set one of my videos to embed in HD on a specific domain. However when I hit save my domain that I wrote in the text field disappears and the video continues to be embeddable in HD on all sites.

Overall bug: the settings for HD Embed by domain are not saving.

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hi, Can you give me the link to the video? I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what's up.

You and I are both on macs and using firefox 3 with the latest flash. I tested the the text fields and embedding on my HD vids and it works.

3to1

3to1

I think I might have found the issue:

The interesting thing is that I was able to do this successfully on another HD video I have. This other video had since been reconverted since I became Plus.

The video located at the above URL was uploaded prior to my account coming 'plus'. So perhaps if I reconvert my video, this setting will work the way it should.

Not sure why it has to be reconverted though since it was already in HD, which I believe is a 1:1 compression ratio? Or why I had to click the reconvert button in order for that setting to work right.

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

HAHA! I freaked out for a second. I was in the settings of your video, testing to see if I could add a domain and save it. All of the sudden the video was retranscoding. I was like, OMG WHAT DID I DO?! Anyway, the domain privacy settings saved for me while I was testing (I've set everything back to the way you had it).

Let me know if you run into any more snags!

3to1

3to1

Arg! Sorry, I spoke too soon...

My other videos are working, just that single video is not working correctly.

See if you have any more luck adding a domain to the "Allow people to embed this video in HD" > "Advacend Options" section.

3to1

3to1

Thanks for taking the time to look into it, I appreciate it.

Just to clear thing up a bit, the domain privacy settings were saving, it was the HD embedding privacy option that wasn't saving.

Thanks again!

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

OK, Casey took a look at this (on the weekend!) and he thinks it's a caching issue. He says re-saving should fix it -- it should also just "fix itself" if you give it some time.

Article19

Article19 PRO

the embed is working as expected, the HD video was uploaded before I became a plus member, so it does sound like caching, damn the internet and all the caching! ;o)

Armando Accardo

Armando Accardo Plus

Hi,
just my quick experience with the embedding in HD only on specific domains.
I did have the same issue reported by others here, as soon as I typed the domain it disappeared and the video embed didn't retain the limitation to my domain.
To fix it what I did was:
- set the domain restriction in the privacy menu, so that video is available only to my domain;
- go to the embed and now set the domain restriction on the embed in HD. This time when you save, the domain is kept;
- go back to privacy and remove the domain restriction.

Doing so I was able to set the domain restriction in all my embed in HD.

Cheers,
Armando.

vmuriel

vmuriel

Hey man, it works.

Thanks.

3to1

3to1

This method also solves my issue.

3to1

3to1

Actually, I think this broke my embeds on my videos. They don't seem to want to play anymore. Just click the play button and black screen. Not loading or anything.

Any ideas staff?

See here:
vimeo.com/2567103
vimeo.com/2432565

both these videos seem to be experiencing the same issue.

Chris Emerson

Chris Emerson Plus

Interesting... just confirming here that it does appear that the "Where can this video appear?" does appear to not be saving all the time and was causing major confusion for me. Seems like some videos remember it some don't and sometimes going back and re-entering the domain fixes it.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.