Nathan Skillen

Nathan Skillen

I purchased a smartsound track with my choice of duration, variation & mood, but when I went to download it yesterday, Vimeo music store was being buggy and wouldn't actually download (the button didn't do anything).

Now when I go to My Downloads to download it again, it either 1) only downloads the original 30s version, not my choice of duration/variation/mood or 2) tries to download a "download.htm" file

Need to finish this project soon, help!

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that, Nathan. We're currently working on this bug. In the meantime, I've refunded your purchase.

Nathan Skillen

Nathan Skillen

Is there anyway you can deliver the file to me some other way in the meantime?
Was hoping to use it in a project that needs to be finished asap!

Thanks!

kakounet

kakounet

Hey, I had some problems with music store too. It appears to be some javascript issue. I changed my current language from french to english and it's gone, so perhaps it can be a translation issue ?

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you please provide more specific detail about that the error was exactly so we can try and look into it?

kakounet

kakounet

On that page vimeo.com/musicstore, in french, i can't look to the "Attribution info"
Back in english, it works well, I can see the popup.

John Sutherland

John Sutherland

Similar problem for me using music store. Just purchased a smartsound track for a project, thought it had a 2:15 duration with a commercial license and only got a 30sec sample download. When I try to download again from 'my downloads' I am asked to pay again. First time using the music store so may have misunderstood something but would be great to get some more info on what happened.
vimeo.com/musicstore/track/206706/flowing-by-jacek-dojwa

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.