Danny Peter Smith

Danny Peter Smith Plus

If we status update with a link it will only show the link and not embed the video. And the same will happen if we use the embed code. If I click the share button on my video and click facebook it will once again only give me the option to share to my personal profile.

Does anyone know how to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Danny

Wilder Quarterly

Wilder Quarterly

Yes! I was about to ask the same thing. I'd really prefer to have the video embedded not a link. Any help would be very appreciated!

Wilder Quarterly

Wilder Quarterly

Oops! Also just cleared my cache and tried a different browser. Nada. Ok. Shutting up :)

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Danny and Wilder Quarterly, When you copy and paste the URL to your video into your personal pages, does the video embed fully? And then it does not do so when you try on your business pages?

Wilder Quarterly

Wilder Quarterly

Hi Rebecca,
Thanks for answering.
No it does not fully embed on my personal page either.
Thanks again.

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

That's very odd; your video embeds onto my Facebook just fine when I paste the link. Which other browser did you try?

Wilder Quarterly

Wilder Quarterly

I tried Chrome and Firefox. Will try Safari now! One sec!

Wilder Quarterly

Wilder Quarterly

Whoa. So when I use Safari - the image takes over the entire box and you can't read the text.
Can I ask what browser you are using so I can use it too?
Thanks!

Wilder Quarterly

Wilder Quarterly

Does it have something to do with my account settings in Facebook perhaps?

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Ok, it actually looks like this is currently an issue on Facebook's end, as it seems that Youtube videos are doing the same thing when pasted into Facebook. You'll need to contact Facebook support! Sorry about that.

Wilder Quarterly

Wilder Quarterly

Sorry confused... You just said you got it to work so how is it a Facebook issue? What browser were you using? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

kevin morrow

kevin morrow

When i paste a vimeo link to facebook it open in the vimeo website instead of playing it directly on my facebook, anyone can help ?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that. This appears to be a recent issue on Facebook's side. We unfortunately cannot do anything about it but are keeping an eye on it.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.