Mark

Mark Staff

Hey everybody! As you may have noticed, today we have announced the launch of Vimeo On Demand! VOD lets anybody with a Vimeo PRO account to sell their content however they'd like. Check out the blog post with way way more details here: vimeo.com/blog/post:559

PLEASE READ OUR FAQ BEFORE POSTING! vimeo.com/help/faq/pay-to-view

If you've already started using it, please let us know if you come across any bugs and we'll get right to squashing 'em! Our unicorns have tested this extensively, but there's always a chance they may have missed something.

Also, if you have any feedback, we'd love to hear that as well! We want to give you all exactly what you want (as long as you want really cool stuff).

Cheers!

Patrick Howell Films

Patrick Howell Films

Hi People have called me saying that when they have tried to pay either using credit card or pal pal it won't accept the info... please help as this is now causing a customer service issue for me.....

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/gryska/61769973

Mark

Mark Staff

This should be fixed now! Sorry about that, Michael!

Bryant Frazer

Bryant Frazer

Ditto Michael's problem above. Are we misunderstanding something about what "download" means?

Mark

Mark Staff

This should be fixed now! Sorry about that, Bryant!

Deep Green

Deep Green PRO

Nope! "Upload a video" button still not functional.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you clear the cache and cookies from Safari and see it works then?

Deep Green

Deep Green PRO

Nope, still not working after Safari cache & cookie clearing.

gleb osatinski

gleb osatinski PRO

Hello
I enabled the video to be available on demand:
vimeo.com/user6033192
but it is not available to play.
would appreciate this if someone take a look at this. Thank you!

Bruno CADET

Bruno CADET

I purchased VIMEO PRO to go to VOD. VIMEO can't connect my Paypal account however my this one is ok...

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Bruno, make sure you type in your first name and last name EXACTLY as you have it with PayPal, including capital letters. PayPal is picky about this.

Bruno CADET

Bruno CADET

Hi Tommy, thanks for your response. but... Nothing works !

Paypal says 'Bruno Cadet' sometimes 'bruno cadet' as they want... And of course there is no page to modify or control that...

I've tried all the combinations... May be you could test yourself with my name and email ?

Thanks.

Bruno CADET

Bruno CADET

Hi Tommy,
I want to quit VIMEO PRO.
Please close my account and don't charge my CB.
I will return later when i will be ready to sell videos.
Thanks.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Bruno, email us using the form linked below and we'll process your refund. Select 'Other issues' from the dropdown and put 'Request refund' in the subject.

Vimeo FAQ: vimeo.com/help/contact

Camille Adair

Camille Adair Plus

I have the same problem - I Vimeo Pro won't let me connect to my PayPal account. I see your tip about identifying the correct name - what PP says is your account name . . . but no luck in logging on . . . Could there be a problem with the same name being used for two PP accounts? . . . However, each is associated with a different email address, so this shouldn't be a problem. Any ideas? . . . Had to try to use Cleeng to create Video on Demand - but this doesn't work, because Vimeo's Private settings (taking it totally offline form Vimeo, and approving one website) doesn't work, either, but that is another support issue . . . just would like to get connected via Vimeo Pro Video on Demand . . .Help ! :)

Bruno CADET

Bruno CADET

Hi Camille,
I've released my Pro Account for the moment.
My problem with PP identification was'nt resolved. I've phone to PP (in french!) and they don't understand the problem.

May be you have a way : Upgrade your PP account to Business Account. It's free. I've done that recently for another project e-commerce with PrestaShop and it works well. PrestaShop connect to PP with API codes (generated by PP).

Good luck.

The Birth Control Movie

The Birth Control Movie PRO

By adding a trailer to my VOD page removes it from the featured videos on my main profile page due to the VOD privacy settings. Since the trailer is free to watch, it shouldn't be affected by VOD privacy settings just because it is attached. This needs to be addressed as my simple fix is uploading 2 copies of my trailer, one to stay featured, and one to be tied to the VOD.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi there,

Right now any clips associated with a VOD page become part of it. For now we suggest uploading new copies of videos you want to add to a VOD page if you also want them to appear on your profile. I agree this isn't the best solution, but for privacy reasons we need to give your VOD page total control over the videos you add to it.

The Birth Control Movie

Can we have any grace or credits towards our PRO space then? Uploading two copies of every feature length film will push us into the 2nd tier of paid storage, and thats a lot of VOD sells just to make back the cost of 2 PRO memberships per year. I'm excited about the VOD possibilities and have been waiting on them for a while, but I think there are some other online storage options that have less overhead for what its worth if we're forced to upload 2 of everything. Thanks for your help!

The Birth Control Movie

What about free viewings, promo codes, or passwords? We have people that need to watch our film for free, and the VOD settings seem to override the private portfolios that contain the video in question. It actually seems to replace the video in question with whatever video proceeds it in the portfolio page. For example, we have the trailer and then the film in a private portfolio, and now that the film is VOD, it loads the trailer to play once someone clicks to play the film.

I cannot afford the space to upload two copies of the film, one for VOD and one for our private portfolio, so is there a way that guests can enter a password to avoid paying for a rental, OR, allow the portfolio settings to override the VOD so people can view it for free in our portfolio?

Thanks,

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

We don't have a method for comping access to VOD pages yet, but it is something we may add in the future. Right now you'll need to keep content you want for free out of the VOD page :(

The Birth Control Movie

At least work it to where the same file if linked in a portfolio can have access with a password. This is helpful to filmmakers, but the current system doesn't fully address all of our needs. In addition to selling our films through independent distribution, we get asked for review copies weekly, so coping access is a must for filmmakers that are marketing for distributors, reviews, etc. I'm sure Im not the only one who would like this feature sooner than later.

Sunny And Mild Media

Sunny And Mild Media PRO

I agree that many would want this sooner... That os one of the reasons I'm holding off for now.

Kundalini Live

Kundalini Live PRO

THIS IS A NECESSARY FEATURE! We added video on demand to our membership site to enable pay-per-stream, and it DISABLED ACCESS to all our videos in our members area. Totally unacceptable. We though we were getting a new feature and we actually disabled our entire site. We need to retain the ability for domain-specific URLS to have free access to private videos.

Link: kundalinilive.com

salvador barcena

salvador barcena

My movie page on Vimeo on demand is having issues when I try to share it sends out a broken link and the trailer and extras clips won't work when I click on them I need help fast people are asking if they can see it yet an I'm just waiting now to promote it once its fixed I am also having problems when I go to my videos and click on the video for my film and it takes me to an oops page importing a link to the page it should be linked to

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/fallensouls

salvador barcena

salvador barcena

well it was working yesterday and now someone told me they went online to rent it and it is not working and i went to check and the link is not functioning so now i cant even see it here is the link vimeo.com/ondemand/Fallensouls also they say they cant rate it and also when they do a search for the title on VOD it wont show up at all in the search what do we do now? please help

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/Fallensouls

salvador barcena

salvador barcena

how do i see how many purchases people have made of my film? and how do we get paid?

The Birth Control Movie

I've updated my CNAME record and have my domain ready, thebirthcontrolmovie.com/rent (which directs to vimeopro.com). I know there could be a 72hr lag, but on the advanced tab when I enter my domain and hit save, it overrides whatever I type in the box with the first thing I ever typed into that box, which was my full domain, thebirthcontrolmovie.com. I feel like waiting 72 hours wouldn't do me any good if the settings page won't even recognize my new domain. Am I doing something wrong?

Link: thebirthcontrolmovie.com/rent

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you take a screenshot of this, upload it to ge.tt, and link back to it here? I can't reproduce it but there's a chance it may already be fixed.

Driving Sports TV

Driving Sports TV PRO Live

This error has now been fixed it seems. Oh, and I see a new stats button up there too. Must have pushed out a code revision.

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

Gayle Laakmann McDowell PRO

I've completed the entire checklist at vimeo.com/ondemand/185/settings but the "Publish Your Film" button is grayed out.

If I click "preview", it says that I need to complete the checklist in my page settings. That settings link doesn't even work (on Google Chrome / Mac OS), by the way -- it just scrolls me a few pixels down the screen. It doesn't take me to vimeo.com/ondemand/185/settings like I think it's supposed to.

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

Why doesn't your support page support screenshots? That just seems bizarre. Don't you want MORE information from users when they're facing an issue, not less?

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

I'm using Vimeo to sell a bunch of "episodes" of a series. It's not easy to figure out how to get to the Video on Demand page for the series. If I go to Videos (where I would expect it to be), it shows the individual episodes, but not the whole series. I have to go to "Me" and then find the tiny text for "1 VOD". This is not at all intuitive.

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

Your sign up page should make it obvious that you require the same exact name as paypal. This was a blocking issue for me. I didn't know that paypal had a different name for me, and it wasn't obvious that that was the issue.

I would suggest doing any or all of the following:
1. Drop the requirement to enter the first and last name used on paypal. Do you really need this? Why? This is only used for paying me, right? I don't need to know someone's first and last name to pay them on paypal, so why do you need to know mine?
2. IF you're going to require this, explain in the subtext that it needs to be the same first and last name user on paypal, and explain where on Paypal's UI we can find this.
3. When an error occurs, explain that the error is that the name or email address didn't match. The current error just says something ambiguous about being unable to connect to Paypal.

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/create

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Gayle, there are several points you're making in your posts above and let me try to answer them to the best of my ability:

• "Publish Your Film" is greyed out - My coworkers and I are looking at your specific VOD now, so far we don't see any reason why this isn't working.

• I'm looking at your VOD page preview now and I'm not seeing the /ondemand//settings URL that you're describing, which leads to...

• We don't support screenshots in the Help Forums yet, but if you could upload one of the /ondemand//settings URL to ge.tt and link back to it here, I'd appreciate it!

• I'm not sure what you mean when you say the individual episodes aren't listed. Can you clarify or provide a screenshot? Also, what resolution is your monitor set up to? The listing of "1 VOD" is one of the larger elements on the new profile page. Also keep in mind that since you are an Opted-Out PRO member, only you can see your profile page. More information about being opted out of Community Pass at the link below.

• Entering your PayPal email and first/last names is a requirement to verify your identity to PayPal, as is required by PayPal. The error message we receive from PayPal when a first/last name or email is incorrect does NOT specify if it is the name or email that is incorrect (I'm assuming this is security related; If a hacker were to type in a random name with a random email address and we report back that one of them were valid, the hacker then has that information.) The name you enter here is not shared with anyone besides PayPal and Vimeo, and is used for identity verification only.

Vimeo FAQ: vimeo.com/help/faq/pro#community_pass

Driving Sports TV

I'll agree with Gayle on this one. So far the only way to navigate to the list of VOD pages is to click home, then to our own profile (why should I have to go to my profile?), then VOD as described. That's two clicks too many. There should be a link to VOD management directly from the "/myvideos" page.

Also I accidentally set up a series as a single episode. The ability to delete an unpublished VOD would be great.

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

"I'm looking at your VOD page preview now and I'm not seeing the /ondemand//settings URL"

The user "Deep Green" reported the same issue above. It may have been recently fixed -- I'm not seeing the issue anymore.

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

"Entering your PayPal email and first/last names is a requirement to verify your identity to PayPal..."

That doesn't seem 100% correct to me. I'm sure that's true for the sort of integration that Vimeo is doing. But, why do you need to do this sort of paypal integration? I've used LOTS of services which pay me automatically via Paypal and none of them have needed this sort of verification. You can just pay a user without doing name validation.

Regardless, the UI could be a lot clearer here. If you really, really must validate someone's name, then specify that you're doing that.

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

@Tommy -- By the way, I split up my posts which were unrelated to each other into multiple posts so that you could respond to them individually. But since you responded to all of them under one posts, it looks to other users like you didn't respond to them at all! And it's confusing to read this thread because we're talking about multiple issues at once...

Should I delete the old ones?

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

"I'm not sure what you mean when you say the individual episodes aren't listed. Can you clarify or provide a screenshot?"

The individual EPISODES are listed on the video page. The SERIES is not.

Imagine I'm a new user to vimeo who's just set up Video on Demand for a series. Now, I want to go back and edit some of these. Where would I think that the EDIT link for Video on Demand is? Would I think it's under "Videos" or "Me"? Probably "Videos." But, it's not. There is no link for Video on Demand. See this link: ge.tt/36Pvu1b/v/0

The only way that I've found to edit my series is to go to "Me" > "My Profile" (

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Gayle, the settings URL was indeed fixed yesterday.

• First and last names are required to be paid via PayPal and there are no plans to change that in the near future. I'll see if we can edit the copy there to make that clear.

• Please keep your prior posts up there; it's useful feedback!

• I see what you mean now. If you click on any one of the videos in the series, it goes to the individual episode's VOD page. Clicking on the Settings button in the top right-hand corner will take you to the overall series' VOD Settings page. I agree this may not be intuitive, I'll see if there's anything changing with this.

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

"Clicking on the Settings button in the top right-hand corner will take you to the overall series' VOD Settings page."

Not sure what you mean. I don't see any settings icon in the top right-hand corner of the Videos page. There are settings icons on each video, but that only takes me to the settings for that episode.

The only way that I can see to get to the VOD settings is Me > My Profile > 1 VOD. Is there another way?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry, I skipped a step in there. You can get to VOD settings also by going to your Videos page, selecting an episode from your VOD series, and then clicking on the Settings button in the top right-hand corner; take a look at this screenshot for some guidance: cl.ly/image/0k2L2z0i3M0P

HERMANOS SOASTI  FILMS

HERMANOS SOASTI FILMS

Hello! I'm trying to go Pro on Vimeo on Demand. I put my info an Credit card for payment but it doesnt work

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you contact us via email, using the contact form below? Select 'Vimeo PRO: Before you buy' from the dropdown menu so we know you're talking about PRO. Thanks!

Driving Sports TV

If a video is available to download, that should be noted in the purchase pop-up.

For example, changing "Viewing period: 1 year" to be "Viewing period: 1 year (+Download)" should suffice.

Driving Sports TV

When sharing the main URL (facebook or twitter) it's loading the first video in the series and loading the purchase option just for that one episode (when clicked from the embed). I would prefer that main series be linked when I choose to use the main link... not just the first episode. So, a poster and the description, with an embed of the trailer only... linking to the master series page from within the video... not the first episode.

twitter.com/subiesport
vimeo.com/ondemand/subiesport

redfitz

redfitz PRO

I just created a new On Demand series page and don't see ways of customizing some important pieces of the appearance regarding the background image and the title video in the series.

How do I know how the background image is going to be cropped or what size it should be? It's hard also to figure out what to do with it on my end (in Photoshop or something) to get it to fit the page design better.

Same thing goes with the title video that's displayed. Currently the links overlap elements on the thumbnail for the video making it pretty hard to read.

Lastly, where/how do I create a branded homepage for my company?

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/soccercity

redfitz

redfitz PRO

Just noticed the Portfolio section which partly answers that last question but what about a page which consolidates all On Demand offerings? If that's not there yet I'd say it's definitely a requirement!

Driving Sports TV

Nick, I just clicked to play the trailer on your series and it started to play the full 1-hr movie. Did you select the wrong file for the trailer?

redfitz

redfitz PRO

Thanks, Ryan. I did indeed select the wrong file. Just fixed it!

redfitz

redfitz PRO

Thanks, Tommy but I don't see any information there about the size of background images. It only talks about the size of poster images.

redfitz

redfitz PRO

Also, shouldn't the trailer and the poster image for the trailer display by default on the landing page for a series rather than the first video in the series? Or if not, there should be a way to customize the thumbnail for that first video and have it potentially different than the one representing it as a part of the series. Basically, there just needs to be some way to ensure that the featured image is a series title image and not an episode title image.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hey Nick, here's our recommendations for a VOD background (we'll be including a guide to this in the Settings and Best Practices pages in a near-future update):

• Background is centered
  • Background is under 640px tall (anything taller is cropped)
  • The video player is 960px wide
  • The top 70px are covered by the Vimeo navigation bar
  • Ideally, the edges of your background fade into your selected theme's background color
  • 1200px wide is a good rule-of-thumb for display width

For now, the default VOD thumbnail for series comes from the first episode of your series. We're looking into possibly updating this in the future.

redfitz

redfitz PRO

Thanks, Tommy. Thats helpful.

One new significant problem that I've just noticed is that when I post the page to Facebook (facebook.com/soccercity), whether I'm logged into Vimeo or not I can press play on the Facebook post and the first episode (not the trailer) plays even though it should cost something. What's going on?

Link: facebook.com/soccercity

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

That's another bug - it is the trailer that is playing on Facebook (for those who haven't purchased the series/first episode) but the time in the playbar shows the total run time of the first episode. Don't worry -- we're not giving away your content for free!

redfitz

redfitz PRO

Thanks Tommy but it isn't the trailer that's playing. It is the first episode. I just double checked and I definitely have a different video selected as the trailer. The trailer is actually one of the episodes and is called "Comeback Kid" whereas the first episode is "Rough Diamonds."

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

If you purchase the episode/series or if you're the owner, the full episode will play instead of the trailer. I visit facebook.com/soccercity and the trailer plays, since I haven't purchased your series.

redfitz

redfitz PRO

Ah. Got it :) I'm the owner so the first episode plays. Thanks!

Gear Seven

Gear Seven PRO

When I try to set up a video On-Demand. It wont let me get passed the first screeen with my PayPal info. I signed up for Paypal, entered my name exactly as it appears and email.... Help?

Film Ideas

Film Ideas PRO

I am having trouble linking a PayPal account as well. I have run out of options, please help. Mine is a business account if that would matter.

Film Ideas

Film Ideas PRO

Yes, entered first and last name and email. Doesnt connect. Called PayPal and they said everything is good and not sure what the problem might be but that it was on your end.

AUSTRIAinHD.com

AUSTRIAinHD.com PRO

I've made up my first VOD page at vimeo.com/ondemand/salzburgstadtoesterreich (HD-Videotravelguide Salzburg City (Austria) in german language for german speaking region) and think I've found some little bugs!?

1.) VOD Settings / Details (Basic Info): I've set "Viewing period" to "48 hours" but every time I come back to the page it's at "24 hours" again.

2.) VOD Settings / Details (Basic Info): I've set "Allow download?" to "Yes" but I can't enter a price for download and on my VOD page there is no download button.

Thanks for your help/bugfix!

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/salzburgstadtoesterreich

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi there, it looks like the settings reverting to '24 hours' is a bug. I've ticketed it and we'll have that fixed shortly!

With regards to setting a separate price for downloads, that feature is not available to PRO users yet, but we will be updating the service in the future to allow this. The download button missing is also a bug we will have fixed soon!

redfitz

redfitz PRO

In the custom domain instructions for On Demand, it says to simply put vimeopro.com as the CNAME destination. How does that ensure that the subdomain shows my specific on demand title? And what if I have multiple on demand titles?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

As long as you add your subdomain to the VOD settings page, we'll redirect the subdomain to the correct VOD page.

ondemand.soccer-city.tv is redirecting correctly for me :)

redfitz

redfitz PRO

Yeah it looks great. Thanks! I still don't understand how it's working but that's ok :) However, how are multiple titles handled? For instance, if I want an on demand subdomain for my main website and want multiple on demand titles available there, how would that work? I think the question relates to an earlier one I asked too about a homepage of sorts for content creators with multiple on demand titles on Vimeo.com.

redfitz

redfitz PRO

Got it. That's good to know. I'd highly recommend that as an obvious (and important) new PRO feature then. Thanks, Tommy.

The Birth Control Movie

CNAME - Need more clarification here as well too. The custom domain field removes anything I put after .com/ and reverts to my full domain. How can I get Vimeo to acknowledge and save my subdomain? I also will have multiple VOD titles.

The Birth Control Movie

Okay, I changed it to rent.thebirthcontrolmovie.com and saved that in my settings, and its still going to vimeopro.com and not my VOD page. Do I need to wait another 24 hours or do you guys need to do something to point it to my VOD page?

Thanks,

Link: rent.thebirthcontrolmovie.com

redfitz

redfitz PRO

It would be great to have traffic information and all of the various statistics that are part of videos normally for Vimeo as part of the Performance tab rather than just sales data.

Andy Mingo

Andy Mingo PRO

Hey so I upgraded from Vimeo Plus to Vimeo Pro last night. I received a confirmation email. You charged my account and I logged onto Vimeo Pro last night. However this morning when I went to log on to Vimeo Pro it shows that I only have Vimeo Plus. I would really like to get going on Vimeo Pro. Do you think you might fix this bug?

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

How do we see sales data? I can't find it. I see data on "loads" and "plays", but neither of those necessarily mean a sale? I even tried a test purchase just to see if this data would suddenly show up, but no luck.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

You'll need to go to your VOD Settings page, then click on the Performance tab.

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

Thanks. I looked all over for this but couldn't find it. Um, yeah, not intuitive. I would have expected it to be on the stats page. Maybe your devs could put a link there?

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

There appears to be a bug. When I go to "My On Demand Pages", I see "3 purchases." But when I go to Me > My Profile > 1 VOD > Settings > Performance, I only see 2 listed.

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

As I posted below, my sales data posts different numbers in different places. No one has responded to my post about this. Can someone please look into this ASAP? Thanks.

CarterWells Entertainment

CarterWells Entertainment Plus

Hello. Is there a central place where all of the VOD content is available? I thought vimeo.com/ondemand would be the spot but I only see 7 movies there and no ability to search for strictly VOD content, no VOD categories or channels. If this is not available yet, I sure hope it is in the works.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

This is in the works! We're giving all the creators on Vimeo some time to build up a good library of VOD content first.

Jeff Duke

Jeff Duke

I agree David, there has to be a channel where we can easily search for these films. I got lucky and was told about a vimeo on demand film from a friend who met the one of the filmmakers while traveling and I really dug the film, it was so 'real' feeling. I really want to watch more of these types of films but other than this page and the main Vimeo on Demand page (which features only a handful of films) I really am having a hard time finding more films.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you double check that the A-Record with your registrar is set to 74.113.233.155?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you check once more? If it were set to 74.113.233.155 and erroring out, it would direct to vimeopro.com and not vimeo.com. You might need to ask your registrar for further help.

Action Media

Action Media Business

Tommy - what is the host for the A Record? Right now I have the @ host pointing to 74.113.233.155. This domain is hosted on godaddy.com. Sorry, I'm just dangerous with this domain stuff - not an expert in any way.

The Focus Factory

The Focus Factory PRO

I am having the exact same problem with domain and A record. I have confirmed it is set to 74.113.233.155, but my site just goes to the Vimeo home page, not my VOD page! domain is behindyourstarryeyes.com. Let me know if there is a fix for this! Thanks!

Link: behindyourstarryeyes.com

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Michael Billingsley, you need to add "video.iowaway.com" to the custom domain field. Currently it's set to only "iowaway.com".

Action Media

Action Media Business

Tommy, the link iowaway.com was working by using the A Record. So I deleted the C Name / Subdomain. I want iowaway.com to work and ironically it is working on some devices (iPAD) and yet not working on a computer browser. Very strange - some times it works and was working for days - but now I cannot get it to work in browsers.

Link: iowaway.com

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Michael, try it out now, our devs pushed a fix where some domains weren't working when prefixed with www.

Action Media

Action Media Business

Thanks Tommy - it works. Great job and I appreciate your responsive nature to betatesters like me... oh yeah I paid for this tool :-) JK

Action Media

Action Media Business

Instead of using A Record - can you provide an embed code or some other manner to place the VOD Channel in an iFrame on a website?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Currently the main thumbnail for a series is taken from the first episode. We're looking into other options to make this more flexible, but currently it's limited to that.

Action Media

Action Media Business

Is there any solution to organize the videos manually? Feature request would be ability to create folders or playlists inside a VOD page. In this way you could group "chapters" from a DVD for example so that a buyer could navigate the chapters. FOR that matter if Vimeo is going to be a PRO solution - you need to offer folders inside the Video Tab for professionals hwo are trying to manage different projects or clients. Albums really isn't enough because the untrully process of navigating video uploads in one big window still gets in the way of video workflow and organization.

Link: vimeo.com/actiontv

Action Media

Action Media Business

Sorry I see that you can drag and drop videos to re-organize once in the upload or use uploaded videos window. My bad.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

No problem! It's not really clear that you can do that; we'll look into how we can make this more obvious.

Action Media

Action Media Business

If this matters - I'm strongly considering using vimeo Pro to replace MediaSilo. You should sign up for this service or gain a login (can use mine) to see how it works. They use a concept called Workspaces for clients. Bringing this folder or workspace mentaility to your video tab is key for pro feature set that you want to offer. Thanks for the upgrades - keep up the work!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks Michael! VOD is a huge undertaking for us, and we're taking all of this early feedback to heart to help make VOD even more awesome!

Action Media

Action Media Business

I could talk with you guys for days about the need for VOD and my experience in this space. Your solution is not perfect obvioudly and being that is resides on Vimeo servers is somewhat of an issue - but thank you thank you for coming up with a solution of some kind. It will help tremendously.

Action Media

Action Media Business

Just my two cents - the trailer and poster and offer should be at the top of the frame. The video preview / player should be below this information as it is the first video and requires purchase to view anyway. Then I would like to see more of a thumbnail gallery with three columns below the video player as the list is getting very long for channel content. Maybe you can come up with this option as a template design in the coming weeks. In know you have this type of layout in other areas of Vimeo.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We'll have more template designs in the future! Starting with the two current layouts helps us troubleshoot the technical issues first, before we go in and start playing with the design.

Action Media

Action Media Business

Tommy - something changed in that now the VOD Channel is showing the price for the video that defaults in the play instead of price for entire library. Is this something you guys tweaked and if so can we put it back the way it was? Or can we work on setting the trailer as the feature video and the price of entire library as default?

Roe Hunting Resources

Roe Hunting Resources PRO

Just wanted to let you know that it looks like there is a bug in the "Extra Features" section; if you drag and change the order of the videos and then hit save, it doesn't save the order. Drag and reorder + save DOES however work just fine for the videos in the PPV series list.

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

I can't [accurately] view my sales. I'm seeing different numbers everywhere.
- When I go to Me > My Profile > 1 VOD, I see "6 purchases."
- I got an email this morning saying that I had 3 purchases, all 3 for the full series.
- Yesterday, I had purchased 2 individual episodes from myself as a test. So, the email I'd gotten obviously didn't include those 2 purchases.
- When I go to Me > My Profile > 1 VOD > Settings > Purchases, I see 2 purchases -- the same two that I'd previously purchases from myself.

So, several issues here:
(1) There's a missing purchase that I don't know of. There were 3 mentioned in the email and 2 shown on the purchases screen. What's the 6th sale? Were there more sales that aren't showing up anywhere? I have no idea.
(2) I am only getting email notifications for some sales.
(3) The list of all purchases only show some of them -- and a different set of the ones I was emailed about.

Help.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Where do you see "6 purchases" on the "My On Demand Pages" page? I see 6 videos but not purchases: cl.ly/image/1v1I2u2D0p0C

On the surface it looks like purchases of the full series isn't showing up in the Performance tab. Our dev team is looking into this now.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Gayle, we fixed this, purchase performance stats are displaying accurately now.

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

I still don't think this is working right.

When I go to Me > My Profile > 1 VOD, I see "19 purchases."

When I go to Me > My Profile > 1 VOD > Settings > Performance, I see 16 purchases from March 15 - March 22 and 2 from March 8 - March 15.

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

(Had to split this up into two messages, since your tool doesn't except more than a certain number of characters.)

There are actually 5 problems here:
(1) Again, I'm missing one sale. 16 + 2 = 18, not 19.
(2) The data ranges from one week overlap with the next. Is March 15 included in both weeks or just one? Which week is it included in?
(3) When you click the "Previous Week" button, you see a chart but not the sum of sales. You need to manually calculate the number of sales by hovering over each date "circle" in the chart.
(4) There's no way of knowing *what* you sold in any week other than the current week.
(5) There's no way to download or view logs from custom date ranges. This is actually a big issue. When it comes to paying taxes, I need to know what I sold through particular date ranges.

See ge.tt/5CwNRrb/v/0?c. Note that the "Total Purchases" shown is from the *current* week (March 16 - March 22), not the week shown (March 8 - March 15).

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

Some brutal feedback: the VOD feature is in the right direction and a great idea, but you released it too early. I'm a software engineer and I know how hard it is to get things right the first time. Even so, I've experienced a shocking number of usability problems and bugs. Basic stuff -- like viewing my sales data -- doesn't work at all.

The sheer volume of issues here make me wonder:
(1) Did Vimeo test this thoroughly at all? Have they tried watching someone -- even someone good with technology -- run through the steps to set up a VOD series? Have they been recording the bugs that they experienced?
(2) How many bugs are my users facing? How is this affecting my sales? (Not that I could tell since I can't actually view my sales data.)
(3) Do I trust Vimeo to be running this service?

You released it too early. I know it's too late to just "take it back", but you need to get your engineers and UX designers working hard on fixing these issues. You're losing users' trust.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Gayle, we did indeed do testing of our product before launching last week. Myself, Zena, and many other members of our team tested VOD extensively before launching. For every bug mentioned in this thread, many more were discovered and fixed behind-the-scenes. We stand proudly behind our product!

However, please understand that the VOD service is a brand new and exciting service for us, and rough edges are expected, no matter how much testing we do. VOD has been very successful thus far, with filmmakers and content creators loving the ability to connect directly with their audience.

We appreciate constructive feedback of VOD and we hope to use all the information we collect to make the experience even more awesome!

Action Media

Action Media Business

I gotta back Gayle a bit on this. I too have spent countless hours as a beta tester and consultant to software firms. The concept of letting the buyer become your betatester is dangerous and will effect your core customer base and potential for referral business. I strongly suggest your management team apply funds immediately to work around the clock on this product.

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

In going through the steps to see what the purchase experience is like, I was surprised to learn that users are required to set up an account with Vimeo just to purchase a video. While I was pleased with how easy it was to set up an account, I was really frustrated to learn that I had to.

Requiring buyers to set up an account is a really, really bad idea. It will directly and severely cut down on sales. Every additional step you make buyers go through loses a lot of people. This hurts your sellers and it hurts you.

And, there's no reason you need to require this. Just ask for an email address and email the person a link to the video -- which is basically what you're doing already.

Or, as a quick workaround, give users a default password and automatically set up an account for them. This wouldn't require any substantial re-engineering of things, and wouldn't turn off users as much.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Thanks for your feedback, Gayle. We'll keep making improvements on VOD, this is just the first version!

Action Media

Action Media Business

Couldn't agree more with Gayle here. Requiring a user login to Vimeo is not acceptable and not a proper way to do business as a paid service to professionals.

Mermaid Hunter Films

Mermaid Hunter Films Business

can somebody go into my pro account and tell me why half my videos are greyed out... i am trying to upload them into a new vod account...

btw, these same videos were in a private portfolio that i deleted... and i changed the names of the files... don't know if that is a factor or not.

thanks

Mermaid Hunter Films

hi alex.... i have tommy working on two issues for me so i thought i would spread the pain... lucky you.

vimeo.com/ondemand/223/settings/performance

in the past when i went to my performance page i was given a more complete listing for all my purchases. i have a series on vod and it showed every video in my series and the sales data for each video...

now i only get the line graft... and something tells me i have had more sales than that graft is showing... my request is: can you check on my performance page and make sure i get all the data i should get... many thanks.

Mermaid Hunter Films

simple question... i have made 4 vod accounts... i keep making new ones after being totally frustrated while trying to overcome the bugs in the system...

question: how do i delete the older vod accounts so that i can start fresh each time i want to.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Right now you can only unpublish a VOD page, sorry about that.

Michael Iversen

Michael Iversen PRO

I have many small training movies in different categories.
Is there any way to create categories or using tags to make a more user-friendly VOD page?

How can I create a search function on the VOD page, there will search only the VOD page?

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

You can select a genre and add tags in your VOD settings under Basic info.

There's no search function for VOD pages right now, but I will pass this suggestion on!

Michael Iversen

Michael Iversen PRO

Suggesting to VOD roadmap features:

Categories or channels
Local search
Multiple authors in series
More templates
Most viewed, stars, new and staff picks
Promo codes
Bulk uploads via desktop app

Is there a public roadmap for VOD?

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Hey Michael, we have lots of plans for new VOD features, so stay tuned! Thanks for your feedback :)

Fiorella

Fiorella Plus

Ciao... only a query ....
On my page "Browse Videos" I read:
Here are all the videos that Fiorella has uploaded to Vimeo.
"Appearances are videos that Fiorella has been credited in by others."
What exactly does it mean? Thank you :)

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

If you were involved with creating a video that was uploaded to another Vimeo account, the video owner can give you credit by tagging you in the video. Then the video would show as a video you appeared in.

Link: vimeo.com/help/faq/video#credits

Fiorella

Fiorella Plus

But I never copied video from anyone! I create all them!
"Il Giardino di Ninfa" 2010 - (published also on YouTube),
all photos in that video are taken from me and the video
is made from myself! Also "Wolves in The Snow" is made
from me with some clips and the track that I purchased
Royaltyfree (as description below the video). The others:
"Universe Wonderful" and "Wonders of The Universe"
I downloaded the clips and images with permission of
"HESA-Hubble", as description below the videos I've
created. So I'd not have to give credit to anyone for
my videos published on Vimeo... and I don't like that
note on my creations!

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Sorry for the confusion. When I got your Videos page (vimeo.com/fiorellamaya/videos/sort:date) I see 4 videos and 0 appearances, so it's clear that you created the videos uploaded to your account. Appearances are just a way for people to give credit to people who helped with a video, but it's not necessary to credit anyone.

This thread is for us to gather feedback and bug reports about Vimeo On Demand, so if you still have questions about appearances please create a new thread.

Fiorella

Fiorella Plus

Thank you for reply! The word: "are videos that F... has been credited by others"
(Google-Italiano: "sono video che F... ha accreditato ad altri"), does not seem
correct as a presentation..... Discouraging members honest to load more videos!
Ciao

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Lost in translation I suppose. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Cruiseman's Garage

Cruiseman's Garage PRO

This probably is not the place for feature requests, especially since you guys are trying to get the bugs, or should I say "undocumented features" addressed. But here goes. I would like to see a feature that allows a viewer to purchase access to an entire Album or Channel, same as with a video. They could have access to any videos in the Channel or Album for the specified purchase period.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

This is possible now! If a PRO user has a collection of videos to sell, he/she can create a VOD Series, with options to purchase the whole series, or purchase individual episodes/videos.

Action Media

Action Media Business

I think his point here is that it would be useful to include albums in the video add list under VOD. Sorry Cruiseman for speaking for you...

I agree - turn on the ability to see your albums. In this way you could navigate albums to filter content instead of your video bucket which is like wading through a swamp.

Killa Kareem

Killa Kareem

Just went to check some stats on the movie I just dropped and it seems like there is something wrong with the embed and play info. According to the data on my top embedder I've had almost 20 thousand loads and 0 plays on the trailer. Would be curious to know if the purchase data is correct as well as it says that there are more purchases than views or more views than loads... vimeo.com/61862462

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/southernsafari

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

What page are you seeing 0 plays on? I looked at your stats for the trailer and I see roughly 20,000 loads and 600ish plays.

Killa Kareem

Killa Kareem

seems like other users are having issues with this as well.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Aha! I see what you mean now. I'll run this by our devs and see what's up.

Killa Kareem

Killa Kareem

Thanks, Would like to know if the data in stats are accurate with regards to views/plays and loads. Getting the feeling that the amount of plays is quite low when compared to movies I've released in the past and when compared to the amount of loads.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Still working on this one! All the stats are being recorded in our database properly, it's just not being displayed correctly. Sorry for the delay!

Killa Kareem

Killa Kareem

Looks like the data from recent days might be right but hits from the launch days still don't seem right... 20k loads and 200 views from my top embedder. Doesn't really make sense. Has the issue been fixed?

The Focus Factory

The Focus Factory PRO

Is there a way for viewers to watch a VOD video WITHOUT signing up for a Vimeo account? I had several friends try to watch my VOD and they all said it it wouldn't let them unless they signed-in or signed-up. It would be great if anyone could pay to watch a video without jumping through additional hoops - asking people to sign up for something (in addition to paying to watch a video) will deter a lot of potential viewers. Please let me know if I am overlooking something. Thanks!

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/behindyourstarryeyes

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Mike, a Vimeo account is necessary to watch VOD titles because we have no way of tracking and expiring titles that have limited viewing times. This is the same as other video services like Netflix, iTunes, etc.

The Focus Factory

The Focus Factory PRO

Hi Tommy, thanks for the quick response! I understand. I'm just concerned that only a small percentage of my potential viewers will take the time to create an account, especially when the majority of Vimeo's content is unknown independents for niche audiences - as opposed to Netflix and iTunes who host more common commercial titles where viewers can justify creating an account to watch an extensive library of content that they are already familiar with. Anyways, not trying to argue, just concerned about my audience and my return on investment. Thanks again.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

No worries, Mike! If you've got good content, we'd like to think your true fans will dive in, sign up, and make the purchase. (And I watched your trailer for Parabelle -- I'm sure fans will go for it!)

Action Media

Action Media Business

Tommy - you guys need to reconsider this stance. This is not like Netflix or iTunes in the way you are suggesting. I'm paying you for a PRO account and giving you a cut of my sells. So this is my database, not yours that I'm creating through sales. If you want to create a login to my VOD channel that is masked as a login to Vimeo that is fine, but making them signup for Vimeo first is confusing and I think not appropriate considering your business model at the moment. Not trying to be difficult - but this is important to content creators.

Kevin Miller

Kevin Miller PRO

We have tried repeatedly to upload a 12 gig file since I joined Vimeo Pro a few days ago and have not succeeded yet, and yes, we encoded according to your guidelines. This is getting frustrating and expensive for me.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hey there, first off can you try compressing your video file a little bit more (we recommend under 5gb)? Take a look at our Compression Guidelines for some help and details: vimeo.com/help/compression

We're working on an issue where videos over 5gb cannot be uploaded directly to VOD; unfortunately this fix requires some hardware changes that won't go into effect until later this week. In the meantime, if your video is still over 5gb upload the video to your account using the link below, and then choose the video after you have started creating your VOD page (see here: cl.ly/image/0L383B2x3u19)

Use this link to upload your 5gb+ video: vimeo.com/upload?machine_id=151901032

Kevin Miller

Kevin Miller PRO

I already tried that link. It failed. So you're saying by next week we may be able to upload videos over 5gb? If so, I can wait.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

It's not possible to delete a VOD page yet. We're working on this now. In the meantime, unpublished VOD pages will only be visible to you.

Mermaid Hunter Films

got a tech question... vod says the videos are downloadable... does this mean that when a video is purchased does the video file actually get stored onto the buyers computer? When the buyer goes to his feed and want's to watch his purchased video again, is that video now on his computer or is it downloaded from vimeo again.

my clientele wants to have possession of the video file so that they can store it onto different hard drives at home. is this possible?

thanks

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

That's correct -- enabling downloads will allow the end-user to save your video to their computer, and then play it back with any standard media playback software (like Quicktime, VLC, etc).

Mermaid Hunter Films

That's great news tommy. Can you be more specific. As a test run I ordered MA 7. When I went through the money exchage process and later viewed the video - nowhere in the process did it ask me to save a file anywhere... it just started playing. And thats OK, great.

But now, where would i go to find that MA 7 file on my C drive so that i can physically move it to my exterior hard drive? I am using Windows 7 on a PC.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Where the file is saved to your computer depends on your individual browser. Commonly in IE9 on Windows 7 files you download are saved to your Downloads folder or library.

Can you link me to the MA 7 VOD you purchased? Not all VOD videos are downloadable -- that option is left up to the uploader.

Mermaid Hunter Films

hi tommy, thanks for sticking with me on this... it's important because i am being bashed in the forums saying i am not delivering what i promised....

ok, i am at my home page and the vod tab is highlighted and MA 7 is there waiting for me to watch it again...

some notes: 1. on my vod settings i did select "download" and not streaming. 2. i went to my download folder and did not find the MA 7 file. following is my vod page... just scroll down to MA 7 for the file I purchased.
vimeo.com/ondemand/223

Mermaid Hunter Films

hey tommy, any progress on my glitch... natives are getting restless and they are talking about getting refunds for videos already downloaded.

Mermaid Hunter Films

tommy, got another question....

i have on my site the option to "buy all" ... my question: when i add new videos to the site - will the people who purchased the 'buy all' option be able to download these new titles?

or are they just able to download those titles listed at the time they purchased the 'buy all' option?

hope this makes sense....

thanks

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Disregard my previous reply -- I'm waiting until I get confirmation from our devs on this one!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

If you have your VOD series set up for "Buy All", currently this will allow access to of all the episodes you have published, as well as any future episodes you add to your series.

We're looking into adding additional "Subscription" and "Season Pass" style purchases in the future for series that are in-progress, but for now the current structure is more aimed towards completed series.

Mermaid Hunter Films

that's good news... thanks tommy.
please make sure the devs keep on my account and fix the download problem... i have some very concerned/angry customers...

now, another problem... vimeo.com/ondemand/223/settings/performance

my performance page used to list all my videos in my series with sales data ... now, all i see is a line chart and i'm posititve it is not giving accurate information... i should have more sales than it says i have...

the list of videos was important because it told me which videos were selling and which were not and that info determines which direction to take.

thanks

something tells me you guys at vimeo are "swamped" with unexpected bugs and fixes... oh well, this is a big, big undertaking and i understand the scope and unforeseen problems needing attention... glad i'm not in your seat.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Aha, yup that's a bug. Individual episode purchases aren't showing up under the performance tab. We're working on that now!

Mermaid Hunter Films

it's getting serious now because we are talking serious money having to be refunded to angry customers... i had a friend buy a "download" and the file did not appear in his downloads folder. it was streamed. tommy, this bug must be corrected in my site. thousands of dollars are at stake here. I want a priority put on this.

a question. in my performance page i have totaled almost $3000 in sales... is that "total' figure before or after vimeo takes its 10%.

Kevin Miller

Kevin Miller PRO

So far I absolutely hate this program. Videos won't upload, I can't find my Vimeo on demand page after I created it, it won't let me use my trailer, which is already uploaded, as a trailer for my film, and on and on and on.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

To access a VOD page you've already started to work on, go to your Profile page and click on the VOD section near the top (see the screenshot here: cl.ly/image/1T0o1o1e192Y)

It looks like your trailer is online and part of the unpublished VOD here: vimeo.com/ondemand/249/settings/videos

Can you describe some of the other frustrations you're having so we can work to improve in those areas?

AUSTRIAinHD.com

AUSTRIAinHD.com PRO

Thanks for your quick response and bugfix concerning my comment above - vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:101463#comment_8908832

Regarding a separate download price I thought it'd be possible right now (because I've seen it at vimeo.com/ondemand/itssuchabeautifulday )...!

Two new things I'd like to ask you:

1.) When I'm at my VOD page vimeo.com/ondemand/salzburgstadtoesterreich and click on my image or link in the section "About AUSTRIAinHD.com" I get a "Page Not Found" error. Is this because I'm a PRO user and have not enabled the Community Pass Option in "My Settings / Account"?

2.) I created a new VOD page with the shortcut URL vimeo.com/ondemand/SalzburgCityAustria but I can't access it from "My Videos" page anymore (you're linking to vimeo.com/ondemand/salzburgcityaustria/61867559 where I get a "Page Not Found" error).

Thanks again for your help in this issues!

Chris

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Chris, Don Hertzfeldt's VOD was part of our beta, and the separate download-only option is something we're testing. This feature will be available to all PRO members in the near future.

Regarding your first point, that's correct, because you're opted out of Community Pass your profile page isn't available publicly. We're discussing how to more elegantly handle opted out PRO members and VOD pages, instead of taking users to a 'Page not found'.

The Salzburg City Centre VOD of yours hasn't been published yet. The clips associated with that VOD cannot be played yet, but you can edit the clip by going to My Videos and clicking on the gear in the top right-hand corner of the thumbnail; take a look at the screenshot here: cl.ly/image/2B0L2o0q0c3x

VisualTec Video

VisualTec Video PRO

Hi, we have VOD page in pasionferrolana.tv, a customer has just paid but he can't download the video, he get's a "access denied" error. Please help!

Thanks

Enlace: pasionferrolana.tv

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi there, can you ask the user to log into his Vimeo account and contact us directly? Have him select 'other issues' from the dropdown at the page here:

VisualTec Video

VisualTec Video PRO

Hi Tommy,

I think that's not so easy, the user has no knowledge about accounts in vimeo. It cannot be solved without him?

Thanks.

David

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi David, to purchase VOD content, the end-user must have a Vimeo account.

VisualTec Video

VisualTec Video PRO

Hi Tommy,

Just send him your instructions, i don't know if he speaks english. I'll stand by.

Thanks

David

VisualTec Video

VisualTec Video PRO

The customer is still waiting for a solution! He is complaining to us! Please solve this issue!!! It's URGENT!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you send me a link to the user's Vimeo profile or his email address so I can check the status of his support ticket? Thanks.

VisualTec Video

VisualTec Video PRO

His email is ivan_hoty@hotmail.com . Can you please tell us what's the problem?

Thanks

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

My coworker Katie replied to him two days ago and we haven't heard back.

ULCA

ULCA

i was warned from my signers that my payed content on vimeo PRO are getting downloaded using a firefox plug-in >>>> vdownloader
do privacy tool still working and reliable? please! let me know!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi there, as of now I can't speak to any further development in terms of preventing unauthorized downloads. But we take as many precautions as necessary to prevent this.

If a content owner finds their unauthorized videos on Vimeo, they can submit a DMCA notice. We can't check other sites for you, but most legitimate sites comply with the DMCA.

Gear Seven

Gear Seven PRO

I had a film on ONdemand for a week now, everything was working great. Decided to go check on the stats today. When I went to the page, its not there anymore, HELP.

After that, i decided to check on my paypal account to see if there is money from the sells all week, and there is no money in there. but i got emails from Vimeo with 5-20 sells a day...

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/walknorth

Gear Seven

Gear Seven PRO

It finally let me into the page "settings" and it says I have not uploaded a video or trailer. HELP

Gear Seven

Gear Seven PRO

Tommy, Thanks for getting that fixed. What about payments? Just checked my paypal and no payments have made it in there...? When does this happen? i

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Purchases are added up at the end of every month, with the payout about 30 days after that. So purchases from March should be available around April 30th -- take a look at our FAQ for details - vimeo.com/help/faq/vimeoondemand:sellingvideos#getting_paid

NYU Steinhardt Admin

NYU Steinhardt Admin PRO

Steinhardt videographer having problems getting others to view this video. It only lets me play if I log onto the acct. Obviously we cannot give out our logon info to everyone.
what can be done?
Gustavo Setrini March 7
vimeo.com/61907908
I have already replaced the file once and the issue persists.

Please advise!

Link: vimeo.com/61907908

RapeForProfitFilm

RapeForProfitFilm PRO

When you copy and paste a link from a film that is on Vimeo On Demand into a Facebook status update, you have the ability to play the trailer however the timebar acts as if you are about to watch the actual film. The timebar/timecode should only show the time limit of the trailer not the entire film. Does that make sense?

DuVal Ethnographic

DuVal Ethnographic

I am also having the problem that won't allow me to complete the check list. I am at the last step "distribute your film." The save settings and publish your film buttons are grayed out. I didn't see an answer in the list. THANKS!

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/513/settings

DuVal Ethnographic

DuVal Ethnographic

Just a few quick votes for 1) complementary access sooner rather than later and 2) adding photo extras to my VOD page and 3) don't force users to create vimeo accounts to access our films.
I'm trying to get away from just this thing that contributed to customer confusion and loss in a previous test on another platform. All my research confirms we need to give customers as near to instant access as we can possibly give or we lose them. I understand you have a tech issue that makes this a difficult ask but it is as important as the others in the list have reported to both content providers and audiences.

I'm haven't checked the create account user experience yet but in the near term, perhaps that can be tweaked to convince people of the value of signing up.

All the best,
Cynthia

Sacha Barraud

Sacha Barraud PRO

QUESTION: Since I have moved from plus user to pro I experience not being able to change my settings! because the button save changes is inactive. How come? Hoping to hear from you on this question! All the best, Sacha Barraud Netherlands

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Sacha, you're unable to change what settings? Can you specify which page you're having trouble with?

tvprodukt

tvprodukt

Hi Vimeo guys,
this new VOD service looks awesome. I'd like to ask if it's available for the content creators only or is it possible to use it as a distribution channel for an arthouse film distributor with valid VOD rights. We have couple of interesting films and we'd like to spread it through Vimeo.

Thanks for letting me know.

Best,
Jakub

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Jakub, as long as you have all the rights to the content you distribute you're welcome to use VOD. Take a look at our PRO guidelines for more, um, guidance.

Link: vimeo.com/pro_guidelines

The Focus Factory

The Focus Factory PRO

I think I found another bug. If I post the direct link to my VOD page on Facebook, it allows ANYONE to click on it and view it WITHOUT PAYING! I tested it and made sure I was signed out of Vimeo, cleared my browser cache, and then clicked on the link in Facebook, so it would think I was just any old Facebook user clicking on a Vimeo link. My video started playing right in Facebook without even asking for payment. I've temporarily disabled embedding as a precaution, but it would be really nice to embed the VOD page link on Facebook (and other sites) and for the On Demand feature to work prpoerly. Please look into this and let me know what can be done. Thanks!

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/behindyourstarryeyes

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

That's a player bug where the trailer plays on Facebook, but the time displayed is the time of your feature video. We're working on this one now.

The Focus Factory

The Focus Factory PRO

Thanks Tommy! In my case, my actual film played, not the trailer! I watched the first minute of it, and it was definitely the entire On Demand film. Please let me know when you have it fixed so I can start embedding on Facebook. Thanks!!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Mike, I just tried this on Facebook and it's playing the trailer and not the full movie, even though the time indicator says 38:50.

DuVal Ethnographic

DuVal Ethnographic

Hi Tommy, I don't have trailers for some of the content I am sharing so I am hosed for publishing my first VOD on Vimeo. For example, I am showing a film from independent filmmaker Rick Schmidt (with permission) from 1975 called A Man a Woman and a Killer. Rick didn't didn't make a trailer for it and I have other film makers's work I will be showing for which they have not made trailers. I have two questions. 1) can I bypass the trailer requirement and 2) if not, are there any rules preventing me from creating a trailer myself that introduces the movie (ala Masterpiece theater style of film introduction)?

Thanks,
Cynthia

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Cynthia, a trailer is necessary to publish a VOD - this serves as a preview for anyone who wants to purchase your content. As long as you have all the rights to use the footage you use and it abides by our PRO Guidelines, there's nothing preventing you from creating a trailer yourself.

Link: vimeo.com/pro_guidelines

super9Films

super9Films

Hello.

Is there a way to have a VOD page on my site within a folder rather than using a subdomain?

For example - mysite.com/videos ----- instead of ----- videos.mysite.com

Thanks.

David Henri

David Henri PRO

When can we expect a landing page for OnDemand that actually allows users to browse through OnDemand titles? I had hoped that vimeo.com/ondemand would offer just that, but it only shows the beta films and sales tools to bring in more content. I totally get that Vimeo wants to promote the new on Demand service to content creators, but a landing page / content browser that's exclusively for On Demand titles would be huge!

Otherwise, very happy so far!

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/findingfocus

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks David! We should have a landing page/directory of VOD titles in the coming weeks.

Scott Slone

Scott Slone PRO

There should be a specific PRO member dashboard. I swear it's like trying to remember where everything is! Unless I'm missing something?

Example:
1.) I have a show I want to sell, where do I revisit that show to edit features?
2.) I have a series of episodes I want to sell, where do I revisit that show to edit features or add more.

When I bought into this, my understanding from your description is we could sell these videos on our own website. When I embed the video as a test, it doesn't offer the buy option. Or do I have to link back to the page I create on vimeo?

Thanks,
Scott

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hey Scott, to answer your questions:

1) To find your VOD, go to your Profile page, and then click the VOD link there; take a look at this screenshot if you don't know where to look: cl.ly/image/1T0o1o1e192Y

2) To edit individual episodes contained within a VOD series, go to your My Videos page, and click on the gear in the top right-hand corner of the video thumbnail you want to edit. Screenshot here: cl.ly/image/020Y3a3f2R0w

3) Currently you cannot purchase from an embedded player. You'll need to link back to your VOD page on Vimeo, or setup a custom domain or subdomain: vimeo.com/help/faq/vimeoondemand:sellingvideos#vodcustomdomain

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry, I misspoke (mistyped?) regarding editing individual episodes.

To edit individual episodes within a series, go to your VOD settings, click on the Videos tab, and then click on the settings gear in the top right-hand corner of the episode you want to edit.

Scott Slone

Scott Slone PRO

Video not even published under VOD yet I'm watching plays going up? How can that be? In just a few hours as of this post it went up 10 views. That seems odd!

How is this possible?

Scott Slone

Scott Slone PRO

Any word on this, 10 views a day for something unpublished? Is vimeo adding false view counts? Granted it is 10 per day, that's 3650 views per year that don't constitute real views. What's that story behind this?

mark hanyecz

mark hanyecz

I bought and downloaded this video below, but the .mp4 file crashes every time it reaches 23:18, and also kills my whole system.

i'm on oxs 10.6.8 using quicktime pro and vlc player.

such thing has never happened to me, and it is really annoying, that i can't see the movie i payed for (i can't even redownload it anymore).

please have a look at this issue!

thanks,
mark

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/itssuchabeautifulday

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Before your viewing/download time expired, did you try downloading the video again? I just re-downloaded the video and had no problem playing it beyond 23:18.

mark hanyecz

mark hanyecz

there was a downloading issue at vimeo side the day i bought it as well (i could not download the file following the link), but then that issue resolved.
i downloaded the video, and watched it. when the video first crashed on me i thought it is a system issue at my side, so i skipped that part (if i click after 23:18 the video continues to play), and finished the movie.
2 days ago i wanted to rewatch the movie with my friends, when i realised the issue is not with my players nor with my system – the file is broken. thing is, i cannot even copy the file to an external hard drive, becase during the copying process it gives me an error message that it cannot read the file. after a week i cannot even redownload the file, so i ended up an unremowable trash file on my system that i cannot even watch without skipping the troubled part...

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry about that Mark. Can you contact us using the contact form below so we can resolve this issue for you? Select 'Other Issues' from the dropdown and mention my name in it.

super9Films

super9Films

There is an option for people to buy all videos in a series - which gives them access to all of the videos there currently and all future episodes coming up. Essentially they are buying a subscription to the series.

Does this option honor the length of time each video is available? For example: if each video is set for 1 year, if they buy the whole series does that give them acces to each video for a year? And if additional videos are added to the series do they then get 1 year of access to each as they are released? Or is it unlimited acces to the series for the life of it?

I am producing a series of how-to videos that will continually have new videos added to it over time and would like to offer this option - but if someone buys it now - when there are 5 videos available - and in 2 years there are 50 videos - that would be quite a deal for them and I would be losing out on sales of new videos.

Or is there a way to sell episodes in group packages?

Thanks.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

While you can set individual prices for each episode within a series, it's not possible to set individual viewing availability times. So you can set a whole series to be available for a month, but you can't set each episode differently. Viewing availability time is determined from the time of the initial purchase.

Currently this is the only way to sell full series, however we will have more "subscription" and "season pass" style purchases in the future that are more suited for series in-progress.

Action Media

Action Media Business

Feature request - can you make it possible to change the "buy now" button to say something else? Like Subscribe or Rent or Donate? If this was customizable would be nice.

Terri Walsh

Terri Walsh PRO

I was contacted by someone who bought a VOD...put it in her watch list and couldnt get it to play after that....I also didnt get notification of the transaction from this person...she sent me her receipt which says she purchased on the 21st but my admin shows no purchase on the 21st....can i send you her receipt so she can be contacted - refunded and can we find out why the video wouldnt play from her watch later list?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Terri, can you have the user log into her Vimeo account and contact us directly? Send her to the contact form below and have her select 'Other issues' from the drop down menu.

Terri Walsh

Terri Walsh PRO

in another issue...

-my VOD embed settings aren't being used when the videos are being played. when i check the admin they all show the proper selection of embed preset, but it doesnt show on the front end when the video is in play.

it's also distressing that the share button shows when i havent chosen it and i dont want people sharing them!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you link me back to the page where your video is embedded so I can take a look?

Terri Walsh

Terri Walsh PRO

okay i know that... but the share button shows on videos that are not free,

- and my embed settings randomly show on the free videos as well...its random...they show, they dont show.

Ian Briggs

Ian Briggs

Hi I've bought Don Hertzfeldt "t's such a beautiful day" and like other users have posted I am unable to download the film. The download button just opens the player in a new window.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Ian, you'll need to right-click on the download button and select "Save As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As".

AUSTRIAinHD.com

AUSTRIAinHD.com PRO

Hi there, Chris again. Some new points I'd like to tell you:

1.) Regarding the first point in my comment vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:101463#comment_8937811 and your discussion how to more elegantly handle 'Community Pass' opted out PRO members and VOD pages clicking the username link, instead of taking users to a 'Page not found': seems you're still discussing this point, because I still get a 404. Wouldn't it be ok for you and (I think) not too difficult to realise to take the user to the website of the vimeo account that is saved at 'My Settings / Profile' and 'Your Websites'/'URL'? Just take the first website that's saved there (i.e. AUSTRIAinHD.com in my case) and everything's alright!?

2.) I've made subdomains for my vod videos, like vod-mondsee-en.AUSTRIAinHD.com/
After watching the trailer there is the text 'This full-length movie is now available on Vimeo!' and a button 'WATCH NOW' - but when I click that button nothing happens...!

Link: vod-mondsee-en.AUSTRIAinHD.com/

AUSTRIAinHD.com

AUSTRIAinHD.com PRO

3.) Also at my subdomain page: when I click at '$1.00 WATCH NOW' next to the title of my vod videotravelguide I can see the 'Sign Up' page. When I click at 'Terms of Service' I get a blank page.

Btw: tested and all pages viewed with Firefox 19.0.2

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hey Chris, thanks for the feedback.

1) I'll run this by our team and see what they think. As you know, we're still sorting out how this behavior should work.

2) Everything on your subdomain works for me when I try to view (also with Firefox 19) cl.ly/image/2r2D1x46391Y - cl.ly/image/3F0T1A1w270J

3) That's a bug. Ticketed, thanks!

AUSTRIAinHD.com

AUSTRIAinHD.com PRO

Hey Tommy!
Regarding point 2.) As described before, did you watch the trailer until the end and clicked 'WATCH NOW' in the video area? (see AUSTRIAinHD.com/vimeoscrsht/20130325.jpg ) I've tested now also with latest versions of IE, Chrome, Opera and Safari - everywhere the same: I can't see anything happen...!?

RapeForProfitFilm

RapeForProfitFilm PRO

Once I publish my film on Vimeo On Demand, can I replace the video file later on like I can do with a regular upload on vimeo plus?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Yes, if you need to replace your video for some reason down the road, you can still do so.

RapeForProfitFilm

RapeForProfitFilm PRO

Tommy, I read in an article that Vimeo only accepts transactions in US Dollars. Is this true? I am confused since various regions can be allowed to rent a film. How does a native Canadian watch the film if Vimeo does not use the US Dollar?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

If the person purchasing your VOD has a PayPal account or credit card in another currency besides USD, the monetary conversion is done on PayPal's or your credit card's end first.

Terri Walsh

Terri Walsh PRO

Hi... sorry to be a pain...but I'm getting requests on my private FB group from people who say they have purchased...but can't play the videos.... i dont see ANY record of purchases since 3/19.....and everyday i get someone telling me they bought 'today' but i show no purchases in my admin since 3/19.

help?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Terri, can you have those users log into their Vimeo account and contact us directly? Send them to the contact form below and have them select 'Other issues' from the drop down menu.

Terri Walsh

Terri Walsh PRO

Yes of course I did that...but, why am I not showing any record of purchases since 3/19?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Oops sorry, I see what you mean now. It looks like individual episode purchases aren't showing up there. We'll have that fixed shortly!

Just so you know, you have 14 individual episode purchases so far. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Islamic Courses

Islamic Courses

Hi there, I have a problem with the embedded code not working. I past the code into the page and when I test it, the link does not work, the image is there: Eg:

Islamic Courses

Islamic Courses

Sorry this is the code:

Now is it the code or a bug or frame issue? Please can someone advise

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

I posted this issue 5 days ago but didn't get a response. The purchases are not showing correctly.

When I go to Me > My Profile > 1 VOD > Settings > Performance, I see 22 purchases for the entire series. No purchases for individual videos.

When I manually count what's shown in the individual chart, I see 25 purchases. I have no idea *what* I've sold on each day though.

When I look at the emails I've received, I count 21 purchases. I've never gotten a notification for an individual video sale.

When I go to Me > My Profile > 1 VOD > Settings > Performance, I see 28 purchases listed ("6 videos / 0 Reviews / 28 Purchases").

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

So, several issues:
(1) There are discrepancies in sales depending on how you look at it.
(2) Individual video sales are not shown in either emails or in the list of sales. They might be shown in the chart -- I'm not sure. Again, no granular data is shown.
(3) When you click the "Previous Week" button, you see a chart but not the sum of sales. You need to manually calculate the number of sales by hovering over each date "circle" in the chart.
(4) There's no way to download or view logs from custom date ranges. This is actually a big issue. When it comes to paying taxes, I need to know what I sold through particular date ranges.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We're working on a bug where VOD series episode purchases aren't showing up in the performance tab. We hope to have this fixed soon!

Sergey Afanasiev

Sergey Afanasiev

The next things strange for me.... Why vimeo "search" doesn't work. I have added unique tags for my video to see if the vimeo search engine workinging correctly. But nothing! I have aded "zadulo" or "nude" or "anna zadulo" tags and getting zero result when I am searching my video. Why? Why we need to add some tags if the search engine do not collect it.

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/annazadulo

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Sergey, please contact us using the form below if you haven't received a message from us already. Select 'Other issues' from the dropdown.

Jean Pencak

Jean Pencak

Hi, I paid for "The Guga Hunters of Ness" this afternoon via Paypal and was able to watch it once. I believe it is playable for 6 months? When I went back on tonight, Vimeo does not recognize my email address...please help.

Jean Pencak

Jean Pencak

What do you want me to say...I explained the issue above.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We'll need additional information from you (like email address or credit card/PayPal account) so we can look up your Vimeo account. Generally we try not to share these things on a public forum :)

Jasper Mulders

Jasper Mulders

dear helpdesk, I tried many times to upload a new profile picture, but none of them get's uploaded correctly. They are all sized to 300x300 pixels and I have tried various formats: .gif., .png and .jpg. All I see after uploading the files is a broken image. Hope you can help.

Master Bruce

Master Bruce

I no longer am able to login with Facebook

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry about that. There's a conversion delay right now and one of the videos on your VOD page isn't done processing yet. I apologize for any inconvenience; your VOD should be able to be published once it's done converting.

Freakpyromaniacs

Freakpyromaniacs

Hi Tommy, its working now. THANKS!
Then i have another question. My videos are 1080 (1920x1080) but when i upload them not all are given 1080. Some of them stays at 720. I have upgraded one or two but that is not possible with all the movies.

Freakpyromaniacs

Freakpyromaniacs

It's fixed! I am sorry. I was not patient enough.

But now we have a other problem.
A customer bought a whole series for $20,- and he get the wacht and the download button but when he want to download the movies he get the

Permission Denied
Sorry, you do not have permission to watch this private video.

And this while he can watch the video online and all the videos are NOT PRIVATE.

What am i doing wrong?

Freakpyromaniacs

Freakpyromaniacs

Hi Tommy, they want me to fix it. There are several customers.
I have tried to buy this under my own accounts. The account where the VOD is on is 100% oke. I can buy and download the video. But when i buy from my other account TonY@Freakpyromaniacs.com i get the same permission denied page.

Again, they want me to fix it. You guys can see in the system who bought something. I had 4 complaints which is to many when you have only 6 or 7 buyers.

Please fix it! The people read there comments on my forums and that is not good advertising.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

I logged into your other account and had no trouble playing back purchases.

There are many reasons why a video may not playback and we need details from the enduser to help us troubleshoot. Please have those users contact us directly so we can help, thanks!

Freakpyromaniacs

Freakpyromaniacs

Hi Tommy, the problem is not playing the video but download the video. The moment you say right click and save as there is nothimg to download, and when you click directly the download button you will get a Permission denied, this is a private video error page and that while you just want to download the file.

Freakpyromaniacs

Freakpyromaniacs

Tommy, i have tried to download a video that i have bought in Safari and Firefox en both give me a HTML file to download. Not the movie as needed.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We rolled out a fix for this on Wednesday, can you try downloading again? I've tried downloading now from two locations and I've had no trouble downloading.

Nathan Slevin

Nathan Slevin

I purchased Don Hertzfeldt's "It's Such A Beautiful Day" the other day in order to download and watch on a flight.

The file that was downloading to my computer after paying timed out and did not complete. I figured I could maybe access the file through the Vimeo app on my iPad.... this worked for streaming but wifi was not available on my flight so once I switched into airplane mode on my device, the movie was gone (unlike purchasing or renting a movie from iTunes which downloads fully to the device).

I am now trying to re-download the movie (since I purchased it) and cannot find a link. Every time I click on the download button on the Vimeo page for the movie it brings up the credit card payment form again, not recognizing that I already bought it.

Also, the movie (not the trailer), was added to the "Watch Later" section of my account, but when I try to go and watch it there on my computer, it plays maybe just the first minute or so of the film and then blacks out. HELP!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Nathan, your viewing/download period has expired (1 week after purchase). Sorry!

Nathan Slevin

Nathan Slevin

On the purchase page for that film, only the $2.99 rental purchase lists a limit to the amount of time that something can be viewed. The reason I purchased the download version for $6.00 was because I was led to believe that I was PURCHASING the film, not renting it.

As I have explained to you my situation in trying to view the film (which I have still been unable to do), can you please re authorize the download on my account so that I may at least watch the film that I paid for? You are launching a new model for your service and should be aware and attentive to your customers as we navigate a new system.

Thanks!

Nathan Slevin

Nathan Slevin

Are you going to respond to my question or request? So far, this is a very unimpressive way to launch a hopeful new service. You guys went to SxSW Film Festival with this film in an attempt to make waves in the press for your new "product" and don't seem to be going to any great lengths to make sure that your customers are happy with it.

Nathan Slevin

Nathan Slevin

Tommy,

Now that the holiday weekend is over and you are presumably back in the office to work and answer these customer queries, can I expect any sort of consolation from you and Vimeo in regards to this dispute? Perhaps you can authorize my account to view/download the Hertzfeldt film for a new week-long period?

Thank you,

Nate

ilovecomputers

ilovecomputers

Hi, I purchased a download of Don Hertzfeldt's "It's Such A Beautiful Day." I finally got around to downloading the film today, but I'm still being prompted to pay. How am I supposed to download the film?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi there, your viewing/download period has expired (1 week after purchase). Sorry!

ilovecomputers

ilovecomputers

Even though I disagree with you guys expiring my download link, you should have made it clear that this was going to happen because I thought I only had a viewing period for a week. I thought this way because when I purchase a download on other sites, I expect to own a copy of that media indefinitely. You should make the language clearer that this is a rental, not a purchase because that is what some of us expect when we read "download."

Nathan Slevin

Nathan Slevin

Tommy,

Here are two posts in a row where customers are being misled by the language and design of your website for this film. Can you please remedy this situation for us? I know I am already very unlikely to ever purchase anything from Vimeo again based on the way this first transaction is being handled. I thought Vimeo had made a great choice in pairing a great filmmaker and his new work with this service but so far the execution and customer service has been sorely lacking.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Currently it's not possible to purchase a video within an embedded player. You'll have to link out to your VOD page.

You could do this by adding an Outro to your embedded player that links to the VOD page. Take a look at the FAQ entry here:

Vimeo FAQ: vimeo.com/help/faq/vimeoplus#customizeembeds

Islamic Courses

Islamic Courses

Hi there Tommy,

A customer purchased a VOD and he received a reciept and then went to view the video and it does not load - His name is "Ibrahim Rashid". Also I don't understand why we received confirmation of the order one day later after the order was purchased and not immediately. Please this is urgent as he is very angry.

Link: islamiccourses.org

Islamic Courses

Islamic Courses

Hi Tommy,

My customer Ibrahim has followed your recommendation or re-purchasing the VOD and still can not see the videos and thus us really frustrating for us and our customers. I have increase the time to see to a month so the issue of expiration time doesnt come up but it has not resolved the problem.

Also another major issue, we can see some sales, but its been two days and I have not yet received any purchase invoices from the system. This is not good for us to keep a track of paying customers. At least we should receive confirmations of purchases and this is not happening. We have at least 8 videos and we were really excited by the new VIMEO service but the now beginning to seriously worry about the service as it has many basic things that are just not working.

Please can you respond asap as this is a serious matter as our business depends on this.

Thanks

Mizan

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/shariah

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Mizan, let Ibrahim know I refunded his original purchase and that the refund will appear in his account within a few days.

Note that changing the viewing period of your film after someone has made a purchase will NOT affect the viewing period of users with prior purchases. This setting only affects the viewing period of those who purchase after you make changes.

For quickest help and service, we highly recommend that any viewers of yours who are having trouble contact us directly.

Moro Filmes

Moro Filmes Plus

Hi. I want to publish a movie I just uploaded for OnDemand but it is not avaliable on the list of existing videos to make it avaliable. Actually only 6 out of 34 of my videos are seen on the list. Where are the rest of them? Do I have to upload them again? I hope not, because I had a hard time uploading 4Gbs in the fast few days.

Moro Filmes

Moro Filmes Plus

Oh, one more thing. I want to distribute a few of my films. They are not a series, but I have a bunch of them. A few feature films and a few short films. I want to sell them at different prices.
However you only offer the choices of selling one film or a series with the same price for each episode. Is there a way to sell films - not in a series - and at different prices? Thanks.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Yes, that's all completely possible. If you wanted to put all of your films on one VOD page, you could set up a Series, disable the "Buy All" option, and then set the prices for each "episode" individually.

Jeff Duke

Jeff Duke

Hello, I ordered a movie last night called "Eyes of a Beginner" from your On Demand page and I loved it and the Vimeo on Demand platform, very cool, but unfortunately I can't seem to watch the movie on my iPhone?? Everytime that I try I get a message that says "Permission Denied". The thing is that it worked on my computer and my iPad no problem.

I'm new to Vimeo so maybe I'm just missing something here. Thanks.

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/eyes/62842105

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Jeff, how are you trying to watch the movie, are you using mobile Safari or the Vimeo app?

Jeff Duke

Jeff Duke

Yep, I am using Safari. I didn't even know there was an app. Does it work on the app? It probably would be best if it worked on both.

Thanks

Freakpyromaniacs

Freakpyromaniacs

Hi Guys,

i have a question. When i upload a 1080 resolution movie but select the 720 button what kind of file will the buyer get to download? Is that the original 1080 movie or the 720 movie as seen online?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

The viewer will be able to download the original 1080p source file that you uploaded.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

With any content you put online, there is an inherit risk of it being downloaded. This is the case for almost all online video playback as it is technically being "downloaded" to your computer as you watch it from your browser. While we take measures to prevent this – including disabling downloading, expiring video URLs, etc – if you are genuinely concerned, we suggest not putting your videos online.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Weird. I'll pass that along to our developers and see why your VOD videos aren't showing up -- from what I can see they're indexed and in the database, but just not showing up in search results.

Regarding custom embed/player settings, because the VOD page is on vimeo.com, custom embedded player settings won't apply. We should have the ability to customize the colors and logo on your VOD player with a future update.

Terri Walsh

Terri Walsh PRO

Thank you, I appreciate the look into the search....my lil exercise videos are selling a tiny bit, but I really need them searchable....i LOVE vimeo....would love to put my whole catalogue up at some point...

I'd appreciate my branding on the custom vod settings, other wise i think i just confuses the customer :)

thanks for your help!

Kevin Albright

Kevin Albright Plus

anyone having a problem with chrome not allowing the vids to play. the play button is not responsive.

EXERO FILMS

EXERO FILMS PRO

Hi Vimeo,
I'm trying to set up my videos on demand and have encountered these problems:
1. Can't do 2-tier "Stream/Download" prices like on one of your demos.
2. Can't figure out how to do collections - when I do the first in a collection of titles [a series], I can't find any way to keep adding more titles in that series.
3. Also, the buttons for payment for a series - single episode $2.95, Whole series $40 shows up as $1 for single ep.
4. When trying to test my test page on different devices, it asks to sign in to Vimeo on the CC/Paypal form first - surely people can purchase without having to join Vimeo???
I've uploaded a lot of videos and now I'm stuck trying to get this to work. Please help.
rgds
Kostas
exero.com

Links: vimeo.com/ondemand/chefredzepi, vimeo.com/ondemand/852/settings

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Kostas, 1. This feature isn't available yet for PRO users; the separate price for download is only available with Don Hertzfeldt's film while we test it out. 2. After your first video is added, click "Upload a video" or "Choose from existing videos+" to add more 3. This might be a bug, I'll look into it. 4. Sorry, to be able to track video expiration dates and payment processing, a Vimeo account is required.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Ibrahim, sorry about that. Can you try watching in another browser and see if it works then?

Ibrahim Rashid

Ibrahim Rashid

Hi Tommy,

I tried a Explorer, instead of Chrome and this time, it started off with the trailer, then went to say "This full length movie is now available on vimeo" - This is strange, I have paid for the VOD then why can I not access the VOD.

Sorry, I am getting fed up of this and please can you be quicker in your responses, I want to watch this VOD and your system is not working properly.

Ibrahim

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/shariah/61958189

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Ibrahlm, it looks like when you purchased that video the viewing time was set by the uploader to 1 day (currently it's set to 1 week). If you want, you can purchase the video again and I'll refund the original purchase. Let us know if this is what you'd like to do!

Ibrahim Rashid

Ibrahim Rashid

I have asked the uploader to change the viewing time to one month and tried again and it still does not work. Can you please refund the original purchase, and I will try to purchase again and try to attempt once again.

Ibrahim

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/shariah/61958189

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Changing the viewing period after someone has purchased a video doesn't change the viewing period for anyone who has already made a purchase.

If you re-purchase the film I can refund your original purchase.

Cool Thinking Media

Cool Thinking Media

Just setting up my (first?) VOD page, and puzzling over whether I will have to do 1 VOD page per "episode" (which is split into 2 x 80min video) or if I want to do a "Buy All" (i.e. both videos), I will then need to do another page for the next episode, or whether I can specify a Buy All price for the 2 parts of the 1st episode, and another Buy All for the 2nd two part episode if the first episode is joined on the same VOD page by the 2nd two part episode? Then 3,4,etc, etc. what I don't want to do is a have a Buy All meant for 2 parts of 1 episode, used to gain access to every part of every episode.

Beyond the obvious, I ask for 2 reasons, I'm intending to integrating my VOD page(s) into my website and would prefer to have 1 VOD page with all the episodes(and their constituent parts) listed on 1 page, much like I have DVDs for sales. It's by no means a deal breaker, I'm quite prepared to create a VOD page for each episode (2 parts) but it effects naming text contents of the 1stpage

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Currently the "Buy All" purchase will include all future episodes you add to your VOD in addition to current episodes. For now, the Series option is aimed towards "completed" series. We'll have purchasing options like a "season pass" or other subscription types in the future for series that are more in-progress.

Cool Thinking Media

Cool Thinking Media

Okay Tommy. I can make one page per episode for now. Thanks for your time.

Nathan Slevin

Nathan Slevin

Tommy,
Now that the holiday weekend is over and you are presumably back in the office to work and answer these customer queries, can I expect any sort of consolation from you and Vimeo in regards to this dispute? Perhaps you can authorize my account to view/download the Hertzfeldt film for a new week-long period?
Thank you,
Nate

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Nathan, if you want to purchase the download of Don Hertzfeldt's film again, I can refund the original. Let me know if this is what you'd like to do; we'll be editing the copy language on the purchase page so it's more clear that downloading is only available for a limited time.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Nathan, actually I've gone ahead and refunded you for that film; you're welcome to purchase again, sorry for any trouble!

Nathan Slevin

Nathan Slevin

Thanks for dealing with the issue, Tommy. I'm glad to hear you guys will be fixing the wording on your site for the future. Look forward to seeing the last third of this great film and hope to see many more in the future here.

Gayle Laakmann McDowell

How can I test to see if a video of mine is working? I had a user report that the video wasn't playing. I tried to test this myself... but there's no way to test it. I don't even get free access to my own videos!

Vimeo really needs to support a way of sending people free links to watch the video so that people can test out the product.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

If a user is having trouble playing back videos, can you ask them to contact us directly so we can take a look?

Regarding free access, it's a feature we're looking to add down the road.

RapeForProfitFilm

RapeForProfitFilm PRO

Tommy, I noticed now when you copy and paste a link from a film on vimeo on demand into Facebook, you are now unable to view the trailer. It says: "The creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it on this domain. This is a Vimeo Plus feature."

It is a very important feature for us to have the link be able to play our trailer on social media platforms. Are you guys working this out?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

The owners of those films have restricted where the trailers/films can be embedded, hence why they're not showing up on Facebook.

RapeForProfitFilm

RapeForProfitFilm PRO

Got it. Makes sense. Just wanted to make sure that bug got figured out already.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Yup, no problem! I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a bug that I was missing!

Cruiseman's Garage

Cruiseman's Garage PRO

I uploaded my first VOD file yesterday and had a friend test it using his credit card. So now, I have a few questions. (1) How and when do we get paid? Is it monthly, or when a specific amount is reached? (2) I thought I saw someplace that we could customize the header of the VOD page. I cannot locate that. Is there a way to brand the page so that Vimeo does not appear? (3) I finally figured out how to "customize" my page by uploading a custom graphic (in my case, just a logo). But, the graphic is behind the VOD player, so what is the point? (4) I set my video up for 1 week @ $5. Is there some way to let the purchaser know that they have a week to watch the video?

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/892

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi there, to answer your questions: 1) Check our FAQ here - vimeo.com/help/faq/vimeoondemand:sellingvideos#gettingpaid 2) You can hide Vimeo branding if you use a custom domain, check the FAQ here - vimeo.com/help/faq/vimeoondemand:sellingvideos#vodcustom_domain 3) You can't upload a custom header but you can upload a custom background. Here's what you need to know when creating your custom background:

• Background is centered
  • Background is under 640px tall (anything taller is cropped)
  • The video player is 960px wide
  • The top 70px are covered by the Vimeo navigation bar
  • Ideally, the edges of your background fade into your selected theme's background color
  • 1200px wide is a good rule-of-thumb for display width

4) It's made clear during the purchasing process that viewing time is limited.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

It looks like there's a conversion delay right now, sorry for the delay!

Cool Thinking Media

Cool Thinking Media

Having one of my friends test my VOD. I've set the VOD page to 1 year, and enabled download but when he's come to purchase he can stream, but he can't download. The 1 year (+download) is not there. I've read something similar above. Now before publishing the page I made absolutely certain I changed the unpublished VOD page to enable downloads AND saved settings then published. Begging the question is the issue that all my uploads are now be default private, or is it a bug caused by setting up the VOD (before publishing) with download not enabled?

I've been back into VOD settings to change it to disable download, saved, enabled download saved to see if it would "reboot" the option. And would like to know if the download facility is there? Also how do I give him his download option after his purchase is now done (or will you refund and let him test it again? He had AppleTV you couldn't point me at any AppleTV posts he should about vimeo.

My VOD vimeo.com/ondemand/c1002013r1

Cool Thinking Media

Cool Thinking Media

Just to clarify I meant to say "Begging the question is the issue caused by my uploads are now by default "private", causing it to be private when clicking on download or is it a bug caused by initially setting up the draft VOD setting (before publishing) with download not enabled, then setting download to enable, saving, then publishing the VOD?

Just for clarity.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you link me to the user's profile or have him contact us directly?

Cool Thinking Media

Cool Thinking Media

Just sent you a message and asked him to contact you.

I stil have no download option when click on a buy button, it's definitely set for download.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

The download option is there, but it looks like it's broken for your VOD. I'll have our devs take a look at it.

Cool Thinking Media

Cool Thinking Media

Tommy, at the risk of asking the impossible to answer, passing it on to the developer, what sort of time frame are we talking about? In so much I'm the process of launching the ondemand service to my customers, I'd rather have download and stream from the get go, but if it's not likely to be a quick fix then I'll go ahead and offer it as a streaming service only, and downloads will follow shortly.

Cool Thinking Media

Cool Thinking Media

Okay Tommy. Think I'll go ahead and publicise it as Streaming Only for now.

Camille Adair

Camille Adair Plus

Using Vimeo Pro, I've tried using Cleeng (player and protection features) in association w/ Vimeo. Cleeng works great, but the Privacy Settings in Vimeo don't work properly. We have checked "Hide this video from Vimeo.com" . . . and specified our website as the only place the video can be embedded. (see URL w/ screen shot of Privacy Settings). When a viewer on our site clicks, pays and views the video, there is the SHARE button on the top, right corner of the player. Anyone can Copy or Go-to-URL without paying for the video . . . HELP !!! We can't use this service with this "loop-hole." Thank you.

Link: camilleadair.com/VimeoPrivacyScreenShot.jpg

Camille Adair

Camille Adair Plus

One more note . . . even though the box for "Anyone" is checked for the "Who can Comment on this Video" in this particular screen shot, the problem of being able to "SHARE" this video still exists when this is checked to "No One."

Camille Adair

Camille Adair Plus

OK, I see the solution. We have to create our own player under the EMBED settings - to take off the SHARE link, and all the other links which re-direct back to Vimeo. (Vimeo's logo, name of account holder, and the name of the video - which all have links back to Vimeo) . . . Thank you.

Cruisereport

Cruisereport

I realize that Extra Features are FREE, but I thought they were part of the VOD purchase. In other words, I thought you had to purchase the VOD to get the Extra Features. Apparently not.

DIGITAL ROAD PRODUCTIONS

DIGITAL ROAD PRODUCTIONS

Hello there, my VOD film wont play on Apple TV. Every time I try I instantly get a message that reads "An Error Occurred While Loading Content. Please Try Again Later."

I then tried to trick Apple TV and connect to it via airplay from my phone and then my iPad, but each time it would only play my trailer but not my film???

I'm based out of Canada; I hope that doesn't have something to do it with it because we already can't seem to get vimeo on our Xbox's up here either and I would really like another common device (such as Apple TV) that will enable the public to watch our film.

Thank you very much. I know you guys are working out the kinks and I'm looking forward to the evolution of Vimeo on Demand. Once my film is truly available on all or most of the devices that you indicated it will be available on, I am going to market the heck out of this :) Exciting times!

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/eyes/62842105

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry about that, and thanks for your understanding! We replicated the same issue on our AMERICAN-USA-FIREWORKS-APPLE-PIE AppleTV with your video and we're looking into it now. I apologize for any inconvenience.

DJ

DJ PRO

Trying to Deactivate my Paypal Account on one Vimeo Account and add it to another but can't even though I follow the steps. Keeps getting Error message. Tried to change under Edit my payment info, but Vimeo did not change. Then tried to Deactivate Tip Jar, received message, " sorry there was a problem with your request". What's the Problem? I don't want to use the PPV feature on one account but on another. Both are mine. I don't get it? Please Help.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi DJ, can you contact us in private using the contact form below so we can take care of you? Select 'Other Issues' from the drop-down box here:

Cruiseman's Garage

Cruiseman's Garage PRO

I am selling my VOD for $5 for 1 week. Does that allow my customers to watch the video as many times as they want during that week? I hope so!

Edward Gubbins

Edward Gubbins

One of the questions that I've heard come up in the documentary film community is whether the Vimeo On Demand service allows filmmakers to access statistics and customer information, email addresses being quite useful for building long term relationships with customers / audience members.

So: are these kinds of functionalities available through the Vimeo On Demand service, and if so, which ones precisely? Thanks in advance for your help.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Edward, we don't provide this information currently. However, we're working on a feature that will give viewers the option of providing information to keep in touch with the video creator. We'll be rolling that out in the near future.

Public Herald

Public Herald PRO

It looks like some Vimeo on Demad users are rating videos based on their experience trying to use the service, case in point: vimeo.com/ondemand/sonsoftheclouds — Is someone at Vimeo looking into this? We're about to launch a documentary using on demand and it would be harmful to our work if the rating is low not because the film is bad, but because people had trouble using the service....

Freakpyromaniacs

Freakpyromaniacs

I have a problem with people that can't download there videos.
From the moment somebody mentioned that on my website with 33.000 members i did not sell one video more. Sned a few e-mail to vimeo (no answers) and Tommy just stopped helping here in this forum. Not sure why.

Bad business

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Unfortunately much of that is misunderstanding on the viewers' part. Sons of the Clouds, for example, is only available in the US and Canada, as set by the uploader. We're looking into amending our rating system so only ratings and reviews from users who have purchased the VOD can make a rating/review.

Freakpyromaniacs: Sorry about that! Somehow I missed your replies higher up in this thread. I'll answer you shortly.

Public Herald

Public Herald PRO

Tommy, thanks for the response. I would make the suggestion that vimeo still allow for outside users to review the film. I know that might be an issue for certain reviews, but many people who use this service might rely on the comment forum and review option for a place that others can go to after screenings to respond to the film. I know we've considered this, and it would be great if we could consolidate reviews into one place.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

No problem! I agree, there's definite value in reviews from those who haven't purchased; lots of options are on the table right now, nothing is definite!

Cruiseman's Garage

Cruiseman's Garage PRO

Very confused on how the VOD videos handle embedding. I pasted a link to my VOD page into Facebook and it showed an embed player. The first time I clicked on the player, it played the trailer, which I thought was pretty cool. I clicked on the same link this morning, and it played the VOD video! No purchase required! What's up with that?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you link me to the URL you used on Facebook and a link to your Facebook page so I can take a look?

Cruiseman's Garage

Cruiseman's Garage PRO

Could it have something to do with using the browser where I am logged into Vimeo.com? I tried it on another browser and it plays the trailer. But, when I use the browser where I am logged into Vimeo.com, it plays the VOD movie.

Link: facebook.com/CruisemansGarage

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

If you're logged into your own Vimeo account, or if someone has purchased your VOD and shares that URL, the full video will play.

Cruisereport

Cruisereport

Still a little confused. So when someone purchase the VOD they get a unique code in the URL. How does that affect my facebook page/link.

PERTE DE SIGNAL

PERTE DE SIGNAL PRO

VOD BUG....

If you post the direct link on FB to a video from a VOD pages , it will be available full length... Free!

Best,

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

What URL are you sharing on Facebook? I shared your VOD on Facebook and the trailer played.

PERTE DE SIGNAL

PERTE DE SIGNAL PRO

Further testing... On a computer log on to the VOD page it will show the full lentgh...
On a another computer not log in to vimeo, the FB link will show and play the trailer...

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

If you're logged into your own Vimeo account, or if someone has purchased your VOD and shares that URL, the full video will play.

I just shared your video to Facebook and I'm seeing the trailer.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

I'm not sure what you mean -- I'm looking at your VOD page and it's asking for payment as expected. Can you provide more details?

PWX TV

PWX TV PRO

If you put up vimeo.com you get a thumb nail, but when you put in your url it just gives you a link.no thumb nail. When I first put it up I got the thumb nail but the paywall wasn't put up. Am I missing a step? I did this on facebook.

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/pwxtv

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Try on another browser, or logging out of your Vimeo account -- it'll behave differently if you're logged into your account versus logged out. When I personally share that URL, the trailer plays, and when I click through to the VOD page I hit the paywall.

Distant Shores

Distant Shores PRO

Search doesn't seem to find my movies... I have been organizing my VOD pages and movies and now that I am ready to go live I see the search function doesn't find my movies...

Distant Shores TV is the name of our channel and it doesn't find this. Does it take a few days to index the new movies?

Thanks all!

Paul

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/distantshorestv9

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Paul, sorry about that! We're working on VOD clips showing up in search now.

Mermaid Hunter Films

Tommy I assumed my problem with my customers not able to 'download' videos had been addressed and fixed. My sales are approaching 4K and I am being ignored by Vimeo. Below is a message addressed to me on a forum that reaches hundreds of my customers...

let me know if this problem will be fixed so that I can go elsewhere if needed. I've been patient now for two weeks... is a fix coming or not?

Re: new video trailers

Unread postby veedog » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:46 am

awesome videos Ed..just wondering when vimeo will let us download vids we buy..purchchased ma 8 and 10 but a little hesitant to purchase anymore till i can download

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

I just logged in under a user who has purchased your videos and I had no trouble downloading clips. Can you have those users contact us directly so we can take a look?

Keep in mind too that downloads are available for the duration of the viewing period (in your case 1 year after purchase), so if a user is having download issues now they can come back later and try downloading again.

PERTE DE SIGNAL

PERTE DE SIGNAL PRO

How to i set the linguistic setting on my VOD page?
It seem to always default in English...

Only if i'm log in vimeo in French, will the page appear in French. And external viewers will be automatically welcome in English

Thk

Lien: signal-tv.org

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi there, sorry but it's currently not possible to set a default language for VOD pages. I'll pass this along to our developers and see what changes we can make.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks for the feedback, we've added this to the long-term roadmap and hope to have translation settings for VOD pages in the future!

310ScienceMath

310ScienceMath

I have videos in purgatory...how do I fix this and more importantly, why are there no help topics that come up when I enter the word "purgatory"...this is term Vimeo uses, so why not reference that in the help section? Even if it is to say, this is a bug and we are working on it, yadda yadda..

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

That's an internal term that we generally don't use publicly. Videos can be in that state for any number of reasons. Can you email us using the contact form below so we can take a look at your videos? Select 'Other issues' from the dropdown box.

MONTAGE PRODUCTIONS

MONTAGE PRODUCTIONS PRO

A few questions from a new VOD account user.

This morning, we published a new VOD title...
vimeo.com/ondemand/ward13

1. Why does it not appear on the VOD home page?
vimeo.com/ondemand

2. If we submit a banner graphic, can it appear on the title list, as with the others on the homepage?

3. Does Vimeo take measures to ensure that this VOD title appears at the top of Google search results?

4. If we search "Ward 13" on Vimeo, our VOD title appears nowhere near the top of the search results. Can this be changed so VOD/Pro accounts are prioritised?

5. Are more advanced text formatting features available (bold, italics, font type & size, etc?)

6. We've posted 3 Special Featurettes that we want to lock off only to buyers, but there seems no way to do this. Please advise ASAP.

7. Can the default duration be tweaked? Currently it rounds the 14:36 duration down to "14 minutes". We'd like it to read "14.5mins + Special Features"

MONTAGE PRODUCTIONS

MONTAGE PRODUCTIONS PRO

8. Will Vimeo(ondemand) be available on Sony smart TVs, blu-ray players, etc?

9. Will Vimeo(ondemand) be available through international online distributors?
In Australia, for example, we also have Telstra T-Box, Optus TV with Fetch, TPG IPTV and many more...

Please let us know ASAP.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi there, to answer your questions:

1) We don't yet have a VOD directory, the films on that page were part of our beta test before VOD was made available to everyone. A VOD directory will be coming soon.

2) See above; when the directory is created, it will use the poster image that you uploaded with your VOD.

3) We do no SEO for your videos.

4) We're working on improving our on-site search now, however there won't be any prioritization of PRO accounts or VOD titles -- a filter to show only VOD titles in results should be part of search soon.

5) Rich text in the description area of your videos? Can you clarify?

6) It's not yet possible to have buyer-only extra features. We'll look into adding this!

7) This can't be tweaked, sorry!

8) Purchasing VOD content isn't possible off-site or through apps yet, however content that has been purchased will show up in the Watch Later list for these devices

9) Not sure what you mean by this, can you explain?

MONTAGE PRODUCTIONS

MONTAGE PRODUCTIONS PRO

1,2,4) Looking forward to it! Keep us posted...

5) Yes - Rich text in the description area ((bold, italics, font type & size, etc)

6) Why can this this not be adjusted so special features can be locked off?
This would encourage more sales & add value to the purchase (as with special features on a DVD). In the case of a director's commentary version, not having a lock-out enables anyone to watch the entire film (albeit with a different track). PLEASE amend this! It can't be difficult...

7) It should be tweakable! Again - not a big ask.

8) To clarify, is Vimeo looking to integrate with Sony TVs & players in the same way as Samsung, Panasonic, etc?

Purchasing should be made available off-site & through apps . This surely be a winner for everyone...

9) Look up Telstra T-Box, Optus TV with Fetch, TPG IPTV, etc and you'll see what we mean...

Cheers.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

5) I'll run this by the team and see what they think! Historically though we've avoided rich text, however we may change this for PRO users on VOD pages. Can't make any promises though :)

6) Making extra features only available as part of a purchase is on the roadmap.

8) Ah, I see what you mean now. That's totally up to Sony to develop an app with our API; I cannot comment on any possible current or upcoming business collaborations, but we'd be happy to have Vimeo on Sony boxes!

9) Similar deal with these providers and their set-top boxes, it's up to them to develop an app using our API -- we'd be very happy to accommodate!

MONTAGE PRODUCTIONS

MONTAGE PRODUCTIONS PRO

5 & 6) Cheers. The sooner the better.
8 & 9) Hopefully, they come on board as VOD takes off.

Mermaid Hunter Films

tommy you got to do something about this download problem... i am losing sales at a time i need them the most.

vimeo.com/ondemand/223

Re: Downloads
by cgp19120 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:22 am

I'm with you Waterdude. As great as Ed's videos are, there is no way that I'm buying a video I can't download.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you have those users contact us directly? We've tested video downloads on your account and they're working fine on our end. We need more specific information than "I can't download".

Also keep in mind too that downloads are available for the duration of the viewing period (in your case 1 year after purchase), so if a user is having download issues now they can come back later and try downloading again.

Public Herald

Public Herald PRO

Hello, we've just published our VOD documentary page and I'm seeing a few issues:

1. Trying to pay with the custom url rent.tripledividefilm.org w/ chrome causes only a blank light grey screen to appear, but the payment options never show up... (works okay in safari)

2. There are no review or comment options for either vimeo.com/ondemand/tripledivide or rent.tripledividefilm.org

This is our online premiere and I have a good many people waiting for my green light to come and watch the film. Any immediate help on this would be awesome.

Link: rent.tripledividefilm.org/

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi there, your VOD is looking and working normally in both Chrome and Safari on our end. Note that you cannot rate or comment on your own VODs.

Do you have any extensions installed with Chrome that could be interfering?

Public Herald

Public Herald PRO

Hi Tommy, no extensions. Did the comment options change? Can only buyers now comment? We're waiting to send out our press release when we know people can review the film... are you able to see this option?

For instance, I'm not seeing an option for the user to comment when they're not signed into vimeo, or, it's the same, if I'm signed into a separate account... but I was able to see the comment option in both cases when I created a test VOD page a few days ago using another video.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Are you talking about commenting or leaving a rating/review? The review section of your VOD is showing up for me without any issue, take a look at the screen shot here: cl.ly/image/1f1H383M3T0p

Signed out users cannot review VOD titles.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry about that. For right now, written reviews won't show up when the VOD is hosted on a custom domain.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

It's a technical limitation for now. The feature is on our roadmap, but I can't give an ETA for release.

Distant Shores

Distant Shores PRO

A User of my VOD videos reports a bug with viewing on AppleTV that alllows him to access all movies - even ones he hasn't purchased from my series.

"I was quite delighted to find I can watch the episodes I purchased on the Apple TV device by logging in through the Vimeo app. However, Apple TV is not respecting the "paywall" and I have full access to all 19 videos you have uploaded."

vimeo.com/ondemand/distantshorestv9

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Did the user purchase one of your episodes or all? Can you link me to the user's account or have that user contact us directly so I can check it out?

Distant Shores

Distant Shores PRO

He only bought one episode of the Season 8 Series but has access to the whole series. He also bought our second VOD series (Season 9) entirely - but is getting access to the first one too... I have forwarded the link to this topic so he will hopefully chime in!

Thanks Tommy!

al mcgillivray

al mcgillivray

Tommy - As per Paul's notes, I can only access the unpaid content through Apple TV. I cannot access unpaid content via PC, Android or iOS. For troubleshooting purposes my Vimeo used ID is user17519209

regards al dot mcgillivray at gmail dot com

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Paul and Al, we are looking into this now and will have it resolved very soon. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Al, I sent you a private message regarding your password!

Public Herald

Public Herald PRO

I'm getting reports that people are not able to purchase the $5 option we have up, and I'm still not seeing the option to comment or review the videos... can someone please provide a troubleshoot for users w/ limited online experience and also get our review page up and running. This is really frustrating for us to field support calls via email for the last two hours from random internet users.

Link: rent.tripledividefilm.org/

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

What error messages are those users seeing? Feel free to point those users to the help forum directly; they'll get help faster instead of just going through you!

Public Herald

Public Herald PRO

I'm working on having them send over the details, but what is the direct link to a help forum dealing with payment issues from VOD?

Public Herald

Public Herald PRO

RECENT RESPONSE FROM FAILED PAYMENT ATTEMPT:

When I entered my credit card #, etc and hit pay or enter nothing happened, It was like the enter button wasn't active.

I have a Mac.

You have my sympathies for all the frustrations you're going through especially after all the intensity of shooting and editing. Argh!!

Anna

----------

I've also experienced this issue when troubleshooting the payment option. It seems like it's frozen, and in some cases you only see a flat light grey screen.

Michael Iversen

Michael Iversen PRO

I have uploaded 50 videos in one series and want to do a soft launch of the video On-demand.

My plan is the following:
First phase: $7 and 12 month access
Second phase: $8 and 9 month access
Third phase: $10 and 6 month access.

Is this possible to do, so the first phase will have access for 12 months, second 9 months and a third 6 months for different prices?
I will also upload more videos in the series, where all have access to the new videos. Will this be working too?

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/budowarriordk

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Michael, yes this is possible to do. Any time you change the price/viewing period, users who have previously purchased your content will not be affected.

If you upload more videos to your series, those will also be available to anyone who has previously purchased your series.

Action Media

Action Media Business

Sorry - haven't read through all posts... no time for that. Are you going to offer the ability to provide a coupon or free access to users / email accounts?

Distant Shores

Distant Shores PRO

I am uploading 9 "seasons" to VOD - is there a way to offer a discount or package deal to someone who purchases all of the seasons? With our DVD sales we offer a "Super-Pack" 7 seasons of 13 (91 Videos) for a discounted price?

I had assumed this would be a matter of creating a new VOD-Super channel and dropping all 91 movies into this. But it won't let me choose movies I already have uploaded and is in one of my normal seasons.

Thanks

Paul

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/distantshorestv9

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

You would have to re-upload all 91 videos again to put them into another VOD; a video can only be associated with one VOD page at a time.

Yes, it is possible to set a "Buy All" price; it's under the basic settings of your VOD: cl.ly/image/1f373b2b1y37

Distant Shores

Distant Shores PRO

Can I Unpublish a existing VOD (Season8) and then add those movies to the SuperVOD. People who have bought will still be OK with their 1-year upload?

Thanks Tommy!

Ofir Raul Graizer

Ofir Raul Graizer PRO

Hi there! I have a strange issue. I try to embed my VOD to a private website. I want that everyone who goes to that website will see the window with the video, and when they click they will have the payment window, then they can pay and watch, just like my VOD page in vimeo. What happens is that when they go to the site and click the video they just watch the TRAILER.... not even getting the options to pay and watch the full version. Please help me... You can see the link bellow (I added the sentence 'to watch trailer' and an externeal link BACK to the vimeo site now.... but I dont want them).

Link: prayer-in-january.weebly.com

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Ofir, it's not yet possible to purchase a VOD through an embedded player. At the end of the trailer, however, the Watch Now button will take the user to your VOD page (see my screenshot here: cl.ly/image/2r3Q39342K0m)

We'll be making changes to the player in the very near future that will allow login and purchasing through the player.

Mermaid Hunter Films

hi tommy....

download glitch appears to be fixed... many thanks.... simple question, when i go to my 'stats' page is the dollar total before or after video has taken their 10% ?

Public Herald

Public Herald PRO

Tommy, serious issues with VOD:

Payments:

1. I've now fielded two more payment problems: 1) customer is not able to pay with safari or chrome. They enter their payment info into the form and press pay, and nothing happens. They said they tried everything but couldn't get the payment to go through. They said it worked in firefox.

2. Customer sent me a screenshot after trying to pay with paypal, but had no luck » see screenshot: tripledividefilm.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Screen-Shot-2013-04-10-at-4.10.51-AM.png — how often is this happening... where's the data for us to see what's going on with these payments. Please send it to my email joshua@publicherald.org

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

1. Can you have those users contact us directly? It's very difficult to troubleshoot issues like this second-hand. They can post in the help forum or use the contact form here; select 'Other issues' from the dropdown menu: vimeo.com/help/contact

2. I think the user may be trying to use the desktop site from a mobile device, it's difficult to confirm that by just that screenshot; again, have them contact us directly for fastest help.

Public Herald

Public Herald PRO

Another user not able to pay on FB (screenshot): tripledividefilm.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Screen-Shot-2013-04-10-at-5.25.48-PM.png

FB site where comment is posted: facebook.com/MarcellusOutreachButler?fref=ts - Just a thought, couldn't Vimeo reach out and refund this person, or refund our account for the lost $5...?

Tommy, with all due respect, hardly anyone is going to try multiple times to pay for the film, then contact vimeo without an email. It's already cutting into our sales, killing buzz and making it extremely difficult to get through the working day. It's not our job to do this job... The user is definitely not using a mobile device for the first one and I just confirmed 2. is also on a laptop. What's the deal? What other info do you need, other than they can't pay for the product, which is damaging our product in return.

I've got nothing but love for Vimeo, but this is ridiculous and needs addressed ASAP!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

There's plenty of information we need so we can try to replicate and ultimately fix the problem. Saying 'it's broken, fix it' literally gives us no information to work off of. We have no reports of widespread payment problems.

I agree when you say 'It's not our job to do this job' which is why we're asking that users who are having trouble paying for content contact us directly. Vimeo accounts are required to purchase VOD content, so as long as they have created accounts and are logged in, they can contact us here: vimeo.com/help/contact

Public Herald

Public Herald PRO

Tommy, most of these folks never heard of vimeo and are not accustomed to troubleshooting on your interface. "Contact us here," it's going to be another problem on top of a problem. People are going to try to go there and have no idea they need to be signed into an account, etc... an email woud have been a lot easier.

Public Herald

Public Herald PRO

Could Vimeo create a "Having Problems" button in the payment window that can send users directly to the form...?

Public Herald

Public Herald PRO

Tommy, not so serious issues, but something that needs addressed:

Social Network Options:

1. Currently at vimeo.com/ondemand/tripledivide there's no facebook button beneath the poster... but the button is available at rent.tripledividefilm.org/ — and the first link is showing a tweet count of "0" when this is not true... also it's creating a false light on a buzz for any film, which is a kill shot for us who need to generate it.

What's going on here... is VOD still in BETA...?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

With regards to Twitter and Facebook sharing, vimeo.com/ondemand/tripledivide and rent.tripledividefilm.org are seen by those social media sites as two completely separate sites. There's nothing we can do to "combine" those numbers.

Public Herald

Public Herald PRO

Tommy, but I know people are tweeting from the Vimeo page, because three accounts in our company have already done so multiple times, and it's being retweeted... so why the 0?

We're about to have this film reviewed on major websites and papers at the beginning of next week, and we need to know these things are being handled.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

This looks like an issue with the Twitter/Tweet button count not updating and unfortunately is out of our hands. Clicking on the number on your Vimeo VOD page shows only two results that actually use that URL (at least at the time of this post) - twitter.com/search/realtime?q=https%3A%2F%2Fvimeo.com%2Fondemand%2Ftripledivide -- also I'm not sure RTs count in that counter, I think it's only counting original tweets/mentions of that URL (apparently they might, but it's not documented anywhere: stackoverflow.com/questions/5805162/does-twitter-button-shows-tweets-or-tweetsretweets)

Mermaid Hunter Films

hey tommy

i deleted several videos in my vod page and assumed these deleted titles would become available to me to put into a new vod account but they are grayed out... does this mean when i delete a title from an existing vod account that video file must be uploaded again into my new vod page?

thanks

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

The sales performance tab is only available after publishing your VOD.

Mermaid Hunter Films

thanks tommy, I must have inadvertently unpublished the site... now another question... I want to start another new vod site and I would like to "resurrect" a site I created earlier but is now grayed out... vimeo.com/ondemand/224

can we bring this site back from the dead... kind'a kool having such a low number... i'm kinda proud to be one of the first guys on the block to trust vimeo's vod effort.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Looks like when the embedded video has smaller dimensions, such as when the URL is shared in a Facebook comment, the VOD outro is cut off. We'll look into that.

Public Herald

Public Herald PRO

Tommy, here's what people are seeing for our social networks tripledividefilm.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Screen-shot-2013-04-11-at-11.28.15-AM.png — when using Chrome and going to the vimeo page for the film.

It's a grim outlook, and any writer or blogger coming to review the film is going to post about the lack of social interest. And, furthermore, the industry will use it to dismiss the film.

Link: tripledividefilm.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Screen-shot-2013-04-11-at-11.28.15-AM.png

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

There's nothing we can do -- with a custom domain, effectively your VOD lives in two separate locations. Twitter and Facebook both see your VOD as two completely different sites, there's no way we can 'unify' those numbers.

On your domain: cl.ly/image/2k3v3k0B1z3k On Vimeo: cl.ly/image/2s1708132c2E

With Firefox, can you clear the cache and cookies from your browser and see if the social stats are showing up correctly? They're showing up fine on my end: cl.ly/image/2t3J2U2k1D3P

Public Herald

Public Herald PRO

We're cool with the custom domain and having different counts, but twitter is still showing a "0" in some cases for the vimeo page, but it's being tweeted from there, and the FB button is missing. So, can that be fixed? We don't need to unify the numbers, but the social network options should popup for each url, regardless of the browser.

For instance, I just purchased a new macbook and I installed firefox, but here's what I see on the vimeo page for Triple Divide: tripledividefilm.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Screen-Shot-2013-04-11-at-6.24.25-PM.png

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Looks like it's not specific to Firefox -- if you're logged out of Facebook, the Like button won't appear in both Firefox and Chrome. I'll check in with our developers and see what's up.

Action Media

Action Media Business

Any chance you guys can place an optional Title with hyperlink somewhere near the buy now or VOD channel name? The idea here is that if you are using sub-domains - you can have folks easily bounce back to the master page where multiple channels are offered. This would help avoid the need to use iFrames, etc.

Link: tvseries.golflife.tv

Action Media

Action Media Business

Sorry - what I mean is - if you had multiple channels offered from a blog or website - you could just link to a sub-domain pulled from vimeo and then have a link back to that homepage or VOD gallery page on your website or blog. Basically an external link option at the top of your VOD channel. Simple add to the VOD channel

Public Herald

Public Herald PRO

Tommy, one of our promoters wants to purchase X number of VOD rentals and provide them to their members... is this a possibility?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry, it's not possible to rent multiple 'copies' of a VOD from a single account.

Lucie Hollstein

Lucie Hollstein PRO

Is there any way you could force the download on the download button? when I click it on Chrome and Firefox it starts downloading on the background (not as a download) and then plays in the same browser window. I have to right click > "Save link as..." to be able to download it right (which is quite cumbersome for some of my users).

Enlace: vimeo.com/ondemand/decoracion1

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Unfortunately due to some technical restrictions we can't force the download. Right click > Save link/target/file as is the only way to do it. Sorry!

Lucie Hollstein

Lucie Hollstein PRO

Thanks for your response, and sorry if I'm being too insistent, but why can't you even implement the download attribute on the anchor? It would at least work in Chrome and Firefox (see here #feat=download" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">caniuse.com/#feat=download ), which amounts to about 55% percent of our audience.

Lucie Hollstein

Lucie Hollstein PRO

Yes, forcing the download via the back end is not at all trivial, but what I'm suggesting has nothing to do with the server, it's just an extra attribute on the markup in the HTML... I would like to kindly ask you to check this with some of your front end developers.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

I've checked in with our developers, and it's not possible to implement this widely. Not to say we're not interested in this, but it's technically not possible at the moment.

E2 Films

E2 Films PRO

Hi, I'm trying to provide an online screener of Secret City to a reviewer and have enabled a Video Review page. When I'm logged in and I click on the link, it generates an online screener for the whole film but when I click on the link when I'm logged out - as the reviewer would - it takes you to the trailer only. How can I fix this please?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

I'll check in with our developers when we're back in the office on Monday to see how this is supposed to behave. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

E2 Films

E2 Films PRO

Thanks, Tommy. Can you come back to me on this?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

For right now, the Review Page acts the same was as if you were to take the main video URL (vimeo.com/63242085) and share/embed that elsewhere -- if you own or have purchased the clip the full video will play, but if you have not purchased it the trailer will play instead.

We're currently discussing how the Review Page should work with VOD content. In addition, we're working on a way to provide free access to VOD content for reviewers and screeners. Unfortunately the only way right now to share that video outside of a VOD page and without charging is to upload the video a second time and sharing the review page link. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Joel Mielle Intermedia Arts

Joel Mielle Intermedia Arts

Hello, I've recently uploaded a feature film called"Six Lovers" vimeo.com/ondemand/sixlovers
I'm wondering why it says "Buy Now" and not "RENT NOW", it seems a little misleading.

I also think it needs a directory to find on demand feature films only, as I cannot find any no matter how hard I try searching. But I'm happy the way the rest operates and I hope this takes off and gives indie film makers a good go.

Joel Mielle

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/sixlovers

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Joel, we're considering changes of that copy.

We're also coming out with a VOD directory VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY SOON. Hint hint. Stay tuned.

Mark McGivern

Mark McGivern

my movie is back to front any ideas I am not doing anything different this 4 times I have issues with vimeo over the weekend at a very critical time not good.

Link: vimeo.com/64095488

Mark McGivern

Mark McGivern

if you play the link you will see the image is reversed, but I have sorted it now having to export all my playblast movies as mp4 and upload again

Geoff Hodgson

Geoff Hodgson PRO

Anyone got any ideas how to delete VOD pages. I've created quite a few to try out but there seems no way to delete them??

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Geoff, can you link me to the VOD pages you'd like deleted? This is still a manual process that we have to do on our end.

Geoff Hodgson

Geoff Hodgson PRO

Hi Tommy, thanks for getting back so quickly but how do I do that??

Geoff Hodgson

Geoff Hodgson PRO

All of the VOD pages you've made then? Just want to confirm before I delete!

Geoff Hodgson

Geoff Hodgson PRO

Hi Tommy, yes please they were only tests with little or no content. Thanks

Geoff Hodgson

Geoff Hodgson PRO

Many thanks. Do you think we will see this as function we can do ourselves sometime soon?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

You're welcome, Geoff! Yes, VOD deletion will be available in the future.

Distant Shores

Distant Shores PRO

New VOD Channel up!! Yeah!!

Streaming free on Facebook??? Yikes!! Why is it doing that?

It appears the link I put up on facebook somehow lets people run on through the trailer I put up (it is just 1 minute long) And then it starts playing the first episode although I haven't bought it...

Any thoughts? I don't think its because I am the developer is it?

Thanks!

Paul

Link: facebook.com/DistantShoresTV?ref=hl

Mermaid Hunter Films

vimeo.com/64185495

tommy, can you fix this problem... the above video should be 12 minutes long but only 28 seconds are loading... I have attempted to load the file 3 times... I watched the progress bar load it as it should but the finished product is only 28 seconds.

thanks

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Do you have any kind of adblocking software or security software that could be interfering with the VOD page? Can you try viewing the VOD on another computer?

Mermaid Hunter Films

vimeo.com/64189833

here is another one tommy... it too is about 12 minutes long but the finished file is only 5 minutes long... ?!?!?!

I watch the progress bar and it appears that the entire file is uploading correctly but somewhere in the conversion process it is screwing up.

thanks for looking into it.

Tungsteno Films

Tungsteno Films Plus

Hey guys, I would like to know something kinda polemic.
When uploading series videos to On Demand, is there any way you could work on preventing
3rd party softwares to capture the online streaming of the videos so users can't download them
even if you prevent it from the video settings?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi there, as of now I can't speak to any further development in terms of preventing unauthorized downloads. But we take as many precautions as necessary to prevent this. Unfortunately this is just the nature of online video -- if someone really wants to try and pirate a video, there's not much more we can do to prevent them.

If a content owner finds their unauthorized videos on Vimeo, they can submit a DMCA notice. We can't check other sites for you, but most legitimate sites comply with the DMCA.

Tungsteno Films

Tungsteno Films Plus

Thanks for the reply. At least it would be great to compromise the ORIGINAL FILE (RAW) that the artist uploads to Vimeo. Not the converted one that someone can capture from the browser.

Tungsteno Films

Tungsteno Films Plus

Another subject that's concerning me is that if someone purchase a download an right clicks the link to copy the download link and shares this link, THE LINK WORKS FOR EVERYBODY!...that sucks :(

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

That download link expires after a set amount of time, but shouldn't work for anyone else besides the buyer. I'll look into it.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Those links aren't working (which is a good thing) but I'll still look into this.

Jhewt

Jhewt

Yes, I did removed the ID's to prevent sharing Tungsteno's videos for free.
The link from S3 does last about a few hours, that's fine BUT in that span time everyone can download it.
The link from the button "download now" does NOT have expiration time for downloading, it will last the time configured by the uploader.
That link is the one that should be properly checked if you are logged in, or even by IP can be enough...

Jhewt

Jhewt

I didnt mention, the link from the button "download now" will generate a new link with another Key from Amazon AWS, by sharing the vimeo one can be enough to share it freely to anyone

Jhewt

Jhewt

It's still not being a good fix to be honest.
I know is impossible to stop piracy BUT sharing the original link is still possible with the only difference is that the person who wants to share the download link has to renew it every 1 hour or more, and the expiration time is only for new connections.
So, if you have a very active community and one person finds this out, a lot will still get it for free and what's worst is that they download the original file of the uploader and not the re-encoded version of the player stream.
It would be great to at least, "hide" the AmazonAWS key and use it as cookie and not as a variable in the link that's what is making possible to share the same link that the permalink you guys fixed does.

Ahstudio Filmmakers

Ahstudio Filmmakers PRO

Hello !
I'm looking for the "on demande services. One question. How it's work if I need to propose film description in different languages? any button to skip each one? How it's work if I wanted to propose different subtitle? Where can i get this kind of technical info ?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

For now, there are no options for different languages for VOD videos. We don't have any subtitles or closed captioning options yet, but those features are on the way.

The only way to provide a video in different languages is to upload them separately, and then create multiple VOD pages.

Ahstudio Filmmakers

Ahstudio Filmmakers PRO

Hello we are on the way to publish our movie in the middle of may. Do you think these possibilities can be ready for this timing?
thanks ;)

Kinder Brothers

Kinder Brothers

I am getting the error message, "There was an error connecting with your paypal account. If you don’t have a PayPal account." Please help.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Make sure you type in your first name and last name EXACTLY as you have it with PayPal, including capital letters. PayPal is picky about this. See my screenshot below. Is your email correct?

Link: cl.ly/image/1E1f150M3Y2x

Tungsteno Films

Tungsteno Films Plus

Hi there. I've configured my OD videos with an specific embed profile, but when I go to the OD page the videos have another embed profile. I want to use the "custom logo" on my videos.

Tungsteno Films

Tungsteno Films Plus

Wouldn't it be coherent if the owner of the OD channel (and of course, owner of the videos) can see the videos he uploaded on his own channel without the need of auto buying his own work?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

As long as you're logged in, you should be able to view your own work without purchasing.

Tungsteno Films

Tungsteno Films Plus

And finally (I swear) I would like to know if there's a way to browse the OD catalogue, cos I can't seem to find a way to do this, I can only see the few films that appears on vimeo.com/ondemand

Distant Shores

Distant Shores PRO

File Naming - I have set the "common URL" for my files so users will be able to see a sensible filename. However when they download the movies they are given the numbered file name rather than my "common URL". This is going to be a problem with people downloading multiple files in a series. I have a "Super-Pack" of 91 movies and downloading them will require the users to type their own name in to each. Is it a possibility to have the name I chose to be the download default name.

Thanks Guys!

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/distantshoressuperpack

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there, someone will get back to you about this issue on Monday!

redfitz

redfitz PRO

There doesn't seem to be a way of featuring a VOD title on my profile page which also relates to the need (I'd say) to create a aggregate VOD page for each PRO account where multiple VOD titles and perhaps other non VOD titles can be featured.

Also, I've had a user attempt many times from many browsers to add a review and rate my current VOD title after she watched it and she has been unsuccessful (just getting the following error: "Unauthorized: Sorry, this action could not be completed because it appears your form
session has expired. Please return to the previous page and try again.") I've emailed support as has she but neither of us has received a response.

Thank you.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there, for now, those features are not available. I'll pass along your suggestions! (Note that you should be able to feature a particular VOD video on your profile page, just not the entire VOD container.)

Regarding the form session error: ask this user to clear cache/cookies on her browser and restart. That should resolve the issue.

redfitz

redfitz PRO

Thanks, Zena. She said she followed you instructions using Safari however and it still doesn't work.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Strange. Does she have the same issue when using a browser other than Safari?

Jhewt

Jhewt

Seems that there's an issue with the local time, is her computer clock correct?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can she try resetting her router and/or modem and see if that changes anything?

redfitz

redfitz PRO

I know she's tried both at work and at home from various computers so I'm sure it's not a router/modem thing.

Nicole

Nicole

She just sent me her login/password and I tried adding the review and it didn't work for me either. I clicked the number of stars and that seemed to register but then I added the review and when I clicked the submit button nothing happened and neither the review or the star rating was saved.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

That's odd, I logged into her account on my end and had no trouble reviewing. Can you try leaving a review again, and if/when you see an error message, take a screenshot of it? You can then upload it to ge.tt and link back to it here so I can take a look.

redfitz

redfitz PRO

I just logged into her account to try again and had the exact same experience. There's no error message for me. Just nothing happens when I click the button to add the review. So there isn't a screenshot I can share with you.

Distant Shores

Distant Shores PRO

I have been uploading videos to my VOD "Super" channel and would also like to put them into smaller channels for just 1 season each. I understand that I will have to buy more storage space from Vimeo and that the movies will have to exist twice to appear in two channels. However I am living on a sailboat in the British Virgin Islands and it is extremely difficult to upload these movies from here. I wonder if I could ask a favour that you could help us by duplicating a group of our movies... It would save me about 48 hours of work managing a very unreliable upload link. The files are our Distant Shores Season 1-1 --> Distant Shores Season 3-13 =39 movies in total. They are all about 700MB each since they are SD movies.

Thanks so much for all the help you have given us getting our VOD system up and running with Vimeo!

Paul Shard

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/distantshoressuperpack

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Paul, unfortunately, we aren't able to do that. Very sorry we can't be of more help! :-(

Distant Shores

Distant Shores PRO

Thanks Zena!

Can I put in a feature request for a "Duplicate Video" button somewhere so producers can do this themselves? I am looking at uploading another 140GB data...

The Birth Control Movie

Hello, I posted a couple of questions a while back and never heard a response. Trying to setup the CNAME and custom domain and it still links to vimeopro.com.

Can you please help get this setup so we can use our custom domain? THANK YOU.

Link: rent.thebirthcontrolmovie.com

The Birth Control Movie

I refreshed my CNAME record and now the vimeo page says its working properly, so just waiting on propagation to see if it works this time. 3rd times the charm I guess. We'll see.

Action Media

Action Media Business

I'm sure this has been posted - but I'm lazy. If I embed a video that is within a VOD library - is there going to be a way to determine if I still want to keep this as a VOD title? Right now Vimeo is allowing me to embed and play it for free.

Link: golivegolf.com/test-vimeo-single-vod/

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

You will be able to play this video if you are logged into your Vimeo account, since you are the owner of the VOD container. However, if you log out of your account, you will only be able to view the embedded video's trailer.

Action Media

Action Media Business

Sorry but that is not a very good feature strategy. Isn't it possible to have the same transaction window open so the end user can join Vimeo and purchase access to the video clip? This would make the VOD tool valuable - because you could share embeds with VOD option enabled on any website.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Purchasing from an embedded video isn't possible yet, however at the end of the embedded trailer a "Watch Now" or "Buy Now" button will appear, which will link back to the VOD page.

Madnomad Films

Madnomad Films PRO

Hi. I have a user who's wondering if his slow connection could be a problem for him? Is this strict streaming technology, or will it allow users with slow connection to have some buffering time, or will it just play really choppy?

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

The video should detect a user's connection speed and buffer appropriately, however, this buffering may take some time on the user's end. If he or she experiences difficulty, I would recommend pausing the video for a period of time to allow the buffer region to extend, then hit play.

Michael Iversen

Michael Iversen PRO

I released my first video series this weekend and the first customer have already paid for access.

Is there any way to get a notification when a user pays for access?
Is there anyware to create follow up emails to existing customers?

Michael

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/budowarriordk

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Michael, you should be receiving an email at the end of the day whenever anyone has purchased your content. The email is sent to the main email address associated with your account.

Currently we don't have a way for you to email the users who have purchased your content, but that feature is in the works!

Michael Iversen

Michael Iversen PRO

Hi Tommy

Just received the email...
I am in a different timezone:-)

Michael

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

VERY VERY SOON! I saw it with my own two eyes today. It's lovely. I just can't say when.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

The landing page is the same, regardless of what region you're coming from.

There's no ability to purchase VOD content on AppleTV, however VOD content can be watched on AppleTV after purchasing on a computer.

Scarlet View Media

Scarlet View Media PRO

Hi, just a quick question, when are payments made to us from On Demand purchases? If I remember right it's monthly but I am yet to receive the payments for my first months purchases.

I'm sure there is a simple explanation so just wanted to check

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Any purchases you receive will be accrued throughout the calendar month and then transferred to your PayPal account in one lump payment approximately 30 days after the month’s end. (For example, a payment for all the purchases you receive in the month of June will be transferred from Vimeo to your PayPal account on or around July 30th.)

See more in our FAQ here:

Link: vimeo.com/help/faq/vimeoondemand:sellingvideos#getting_paid

A Brand Apart Television

A Brand Apart Television Plus

I have a couple of quick questions if you don't mind;

i) the tagging and search system just doesn't seem to be working - well, for us anyhow. We have a documentary called The Real Best in Show, it's tagged as that and has other tags like 'dogs' etc. But any Vimeo search under the show's name or dogs, best in show - it doesn't come up??

ii) We have started to create two other VOD pages for other projects, not getting as far yet as uploading the video material, but once you log out - do they just disappear?? I can't find them anywhere now (they had a VOD page number in the URL box when we started). Is there no way fo just being able to see all your projects in development through your account page?

Thanks for your help

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/1079

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi there, we're working on optimizing search with VOD containers. Your video is showing up in search, it's just buried among other results. I'd recommend editing the Title and Description of your main VOD video to match the title and description of your VOD container, this will help make it more visible in search: vimeo.com/63952049/settings

You can go back and edit your unpublished VOD titles by going to your profile page and clicking on VOD (see my screenshot here: cl.ly/image/0Z0P0v0m1O23)

That will lead you to this page: vimeo.com/abrandapart/vod_pages

A Brand Apart Television

Hey, thanks very much for the quick and useful reply, cheers!

One final thing then; I now see our various VOD pages but how do I delete any of them
, seems impossible ?? One of ours is a blank test page called New Movie Coming Soon for example.

Thanks

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

You're very welcome!

VOD deletion is still a manual process. If you reply back with a link to the VOD settings page of the one you need deleted, I'll take care of it!

A Brand Apart Television

Tommy, thanks again for your help! Much appreciated. To take you up on your offer, could you please delete our VOD page entitled New Film Coming Soon - this was just a test template when you launched the service. Thanks

Btw - still having no luck with the search optimisation; have done what you suggested (I think!) but still The Real Best in Show just doesn't come up when searched ! You'd think if you input the full title, it would be the first result??? I think this is v important.

Thanks

Whackala

Whackala PRO

Hi, we have just finished our first VOD post and it all went smoothly, More or less. I was wondering is their a directory on Vimeo of all the VOD's available? a channel or group?

Id love to see what other people are putting out their and for mine to be seen by my piers.

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/aftertherevolution

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

A VOD Directory is coming EXTREMELY VERY VERY VERY VERY SOON SOON. Like you could actually hold your breath, it'll be out that soon.

But also don't hold your breath. Breathing is essential to living.

Whackala

Whackala PRO

Cant.....Hold....Breath.......Much.......Longer...... (insert sound FX here) "slump BANG, THUD" Ouch.
Ok i can wait a bit longer, without holding my breath this time.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Not yet, sorry. You can view each individual VOD sales by going to Settings > Performance, but as a whole it's not possible yet.

ADASTRA FILMS

ADASTRA FILMS PRO

Dear Vimeo,

We are de-ligh-ted of the brand new "Vimeo On Demand" activity. As a short-film production and distribution firm, this new device is a real bliss.

We have two simple questions, which we were not able to solve via FAQ or personal research.
Can you please give us your expert reply?

_ It is possible for the public to purchase our VOD films without creating a vimeo account? Because we know that such account creation can seem long, and thus considered as a deal-breaker for a potential purchaser in front of his lap-top... Would it be possible for you to add an option of "Log in via facebook" for purchasers of VOD films ?

_ We would really much appreciate the possibility of knowing from which country the VOD purchases have been made : how can we do that? We did not find enough details in the "Performance" page.

Thank you so much for your feedback, we are looking forward to reading you.

Sincerely, Ad Astra Films team.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks for your interest in VOD! To answer your questions:

1. No, a Vimeo account is required to purchase any VOD content, otherwise we would have no way of tracking viewing time expiration dates. Users can, however, sign up for Vimeo using their Facebook accounts.

2. It's not yet possible to track where purchases are coming from, however with the same advanced stats you can track where users are playing your VOD content: vimeo.com/stats/geo

If you have any more questions, please let me know!

ADASTRA FILMS

ADASTRA FILMS PRO

Dear Tommy,

Thanks for your insights. Unfortunately, with the advanced stats, contrary to what you are saying, there is no way to track where users are playing our VOD content : indeed the geo option reports the number of plays/loads for each country, but concerning our videos, not our VOD content. So the numbers concerns private videos, public videos, and not at all VOD content.

_ Can you please be more precise concerning this advanced stats information?
_ You are saying that it is not yet possible to geographically track VOD purchases, thus implying it shall be available some time. Can you please give us a time perspective on the availability of such option?

Thank you so much again for taking the time to answer, we really need help !

Regards, Ad Astra.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

It takes some exploring of Advanced Stats, but you can get down to the individual clip statistics. Here's the geographical stats page for one of your VOD videos: vimeo.com/stats/video/49296713/geo/range:all

Go to vimeo.com/stats, scroll down to Most Plays, and click on +More. From there you can click on the individual video you want to see the stats of.

Unfortunately I can't comment on any ETA for future releases, sorry!

Daniel Hicks

Daniel Hicks

Hi Tommy with the Pro account can individual videos be embedded on a website into a playlist such as hubnut and each video also be on demand?
I am very close to signing up.

wcm751116

wcm751116

你好!我来自中国,想做自己的视频,但我看不懂录像,如果你们的录像能用You Tube的方法,加上CC字幕就好了,那么我将邀请,更多的中国朋友,到这里来

Link: jindian.sinaapp.com/

Kevin Miller

Kevin Miller PRO

I'm trying to set up a VOD page but it won't allow me to select any existing videos to include in the page. The option is there but no videos are listed. The only "live" option is to upload a video, but I've already uploaded my video and don't want to do it again b/c it takes hours. This is the link: vimeo.com/ondemand/1559

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/1559

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Which videos are you trying to add to that VOD? It looks like you have multiple unpublished VODs which may be causing trouble.

Kevin Miller

Kevin Miller PRO

I fixed the problem. When will we be able to delete VOD pages?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We'll have that ability in the very near future. VOD deletion is still something that has to be done by Staff members. Are there any pages you need deleted from your account?

Mermaid Hunter Films

hi tommy,

my library of films has grown fast. I want to change my "buy all" option from the current $250 to $300. I intend to added another 50 titles to this library before setting up a new vod page.

but that raises concerns. 1. how will the new price affect those who have already purchased the $250 buy all option? 2. will those who purchase the new $300 buy all option have access to the entire library - both before and after the price change?

thanks tommy... the site is doing great... looking forward for my first payment !

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hey there, the new price will not affect previous buyers at all. In fact, any changes you make to price or viewing period WILL NOT be retroactive.

New buyers will have access to everything.

Mermaid Hunter Films

hey tommy,

I want to give a friend total access to my vod without paying the $300 buy all option... is there a way to make this happen?

I could synchronize a time (down to the minute) lower the price to $1 and have him buy the option during this very short window and immediately raise the price again - but I don't want to do this unless I have to.

any suggestions?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Unfortunately the way you suggested -- syncing up and lowering the price to $1 temporarily -- is the best way to do that. "Offer codes" for free access has been one of our top requests, and we're working on that system now. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Nick Bahash

Nick Bahash PRO

My VOD page was created a week ago and exists, but still isn't listed under its genres. Curious when this will be fixed.

Thanks

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Nick, I'll run your VOD past our curation team now, we'll have it added shortly!

ADASTRA FILMS

ADASTRA FILMS PRO

Dear Vimeo,

We would like to ask you if it is on Vimeo's table to add in the future a geographic tracking (country) of each VOD purchases (performance tab). We are not implying an ETA of such option, we know you can't answer on that: but we would really appreciate if you could tell us whether or not such an option will be one day possible.

Thanks in advance! Regards, Ad Astra Films.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

I'll let our product team know! I'm not positive if it's in the works or not but I know it has been discussed.

ADASTRA FILMS

ADASTRA FILMS PRO

Okay thank you Tommy.

One final question : can you tell me if this is correct please : the only option for us to track the country from which our VOD are purchased is to include our VOD to our website (to our domain), and then use Google Analytics. Is that correct?

Regards,

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

At the moment, yes. I've confirmed with our team that tighter integration of Advanced Stats and VOD Performance is in the works now. Thanks for your understanding!

Ed Kellie

Ed Kellie PRO

Dear Vimeo,

Congrats on the on demand service it sounds really exciting. I have a video on the weblink below that we would like to make downloadable for free in exchange for registering user's name, email and country.

Is that possible on demand by setting the price to 0?

The reason we want to do it is that we're planning a kickstarter campaign and be able to tell lots of people who like the video about it.

Thanks in advance,

Ed Kellie
Moon Studio

Link: wildlifejack.com

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

No, it's not possible to set the price to zero. The lowest price you can set a VOD is 99 cents.