Kyro Media

Kyro Media

Password for video: diligent

Just uploaded a video and am experiencing a slight lag in they playback. Audio is great, but the video lags behind in certain spots.

I exported from premiere on HD Vimeo settings, 1080p 23.976fps with H.264 Codec. Everything looks great in timeline, and when viewing the .mp4 video from my HDD. I uploaded to Vimeo and there was a comment saying that it was scaled down from 1080 to 720, but I didn't think that would be an issue.

I've had this issue in the past and uploaded the video to youtube and it didn't have any problems. I'd like to get it working here though, since I'm paying for the plus+ membership.

Any ideas?

Link: vimeo.com/61890415

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you describe what you mean by "lagging" exactly? Is it just slow to buffer? Stuttering playback?

Kyro Media

Kyro Media

It's not stuttering, and it's not slow to buffer. The whole video buffers fine and playback seems smooth but it seems like at certain points it loses frames... what I mean is, the lips sync with the words here and there, but at certain points, it's off. I'm comparing with the source file on my computer and the audio syncs with the lips perfectly throughout the video. Here, however, certain parts are synced while others, the video trails behind the audio. The difference is fractions of a second but it's noticeable...

Thanks for your help Mark

Mark

Mark Staff

Is there any difference between browsers? Or between the HTML5 and Flash player?

Kyro Media

Kyro Media

So odd. I'm using Chrome right now, and the HTML5 version works fine. I switched to Safari and both Flash and HTML5 are fine. I switched to a different computer and used Chrome-- both flash and HTML5 are fine. What is it with this specific browser and flash? I don't see sync issues with other vimeo videos I watch as this is my main browser.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Huh, that's odd. Can you clarify which browser was having trouble with Flash? Perhaps try re-installing the flash player may help.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.