Gymnart

Gymnart

I just downloaded and installed the Vimeo app on my Android phone (it runs Gingerbread). I tried to play my public videos but the app just gives me an "unknown" error. I then tested the app by viewing other videos from the site and they played fine.
my droid phone has a video player that can handle mp4's and many of my videos were made as mp4's, so they should be able to play but they won't.
How can I pinpoint what the problem is?

Cameron Christopher

Cameron Christopher Staff

Hey there, your videos are the only ones that produce the error? What happens if you log out on the app and try to view your videos?

Gymnart

Gymnart

Yes, they are the only ones. The same thing happens whether I'm logged in or not.
I can even play your videos ( I liked the one of the close ups of nature ) only mine won't play.

I do have my videos set to not allow downloading nor embedding. I hope that these settings are not the culprit.

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier, the site was giving me problems with signing in.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Interesting. Can you view your videos with your mobile browser?

Gymnart

Gymnart

No, it won't let me. It says it can't play.

I do have one of my videos in both versions of .mov and the .mp4 on my Android device and they play just fine using MX player.
It's just when I want to show others my vimeo page and my public videos (if they don't own a smart phone or tablet) and when I try to play the videos from my device, they just won't play and that looks very bad. Other people's videos will play from the site just fine. Mine are the only ones that won't play, not even my public ones.

Gymnart

Gymnart

That's not good.

Might it become available for all in the near future?

Uninstalling the app due to that.... It's useless to me.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.