Kevin Miller

Kevin Miller PRO

When people click directly on this link it brings them to the trailer instead of the actual video they need to pay for. Only when they right click on it and open it in a new window or tab does it bring up the correct video. How can I fix this?

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/925

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Hey there, so, just to be clear, when you click directly on that link in the forum post, you are taken to which page? Could you send over a screenshot so that I can see what you're seeing? Thanks!

Kevin Miller

Kevin Miller PRO

When I click on the link (if it's on someone's Facebook page, for example) it doesn't go to a page. It merely starts playing the trailer.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

That link is working properly for me. Are you clicking on the link or are you pressing play on the embedded trailer video?

Kevin Miller

Kevin Miller PRO

The link on the page works, but if you press on the text in the preview window ("A brief introduction to mimetic theory...") it causes the trailer to play.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Yes, the text in the preview window links me directly to: vimeo.com/ondemand/925, which is where it should direct me too. The trailer is on that page, but it's also the purchase page. Is that is what is causing the confusion?

Kevin Miller

Kevin Miller PRO

No, what I'm saying is when you click on the text in the preview window, all that happens is the trailer begins playing. It doesn't take you anywhere.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Interesting. I can't replicate that. Is it happening in all browsers?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.