John Glenn

John Glenn Plus

I have a Plus account and am trying to create a Group for project collaborators to view and comment. I created a group, added the videos (which are all individually private, pwd protected), and invited a test user, one of my other email accounts. The invitation was received on my other email account on another computer. I clicked on the link in the email and got the Join Vimeo screen, rather than the group. I then joined with this other email account and was admitted to the group page and could view videos.
Is the above an accurate description of how this is supposed to go? Must invitees to a group join Vimeo?
Also, after my test user was invited, joined (Basic account), and viewed successfully, I got an email (on the address associated with my Plus account) saying that my test user was following my Plus account user. And the test user (group invitee) got an email saying that the Plus account/group moderator was following it. Is this "Following" automatic? Can it be limited?

John Glenn

John Glenn Plus

What if I, the moderator, want to make several groups for different sets of collaborators. If, for business reasons, I don't want the groups to be aware of each other, is there a way to enable that level of privacy with a Plus account?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi John, yes. Only Vimeo members can join Groups. Can you share with me a screen shot of the email you recieved that says that the test user was following your Plus account via ge.tt? The following should not be automatic.

John Glenn

John Glenn Plus

sure thing. I'm grabbing screens and uploading. will send ge.tt urls asap

John Glenn

John Glenn Plus

Couldn't upload to ge.tt. Uploaded screenshots to YouSendIt, URL below.
Filename: "Plus_User_Following_Test.png" was received by the test user (Basic account).
Filename: "Test_User_Following_Plus.png" was received by the Plus User.
Time stamps on both emails is the same or within seconds. It appears to have happened just after the test user finished the Join Vimeo process.

Link: yousendit.com/download/UVJqTGsrd0FVbS80WjhUQw

John Glenn

John Glenn Plus

The link in the Vimeo forum interface works for me on two different computers. I imagine your firewall is blocking it. I joined ge.tt and I still cannot get any file to upload--just endless progress circle. These are 250Kb png screenshots. Nothing big. What alternative way do you have to get files?
Or what is it that you need to see on the screenshots? Can I describe it to you in words?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

It's okay, John. I'm going to run a few tests from our side and try to see if I can replicate the issue you've been having. Thanks for the heads up!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.