João Pedro Bexiga

João Pedro Bexiga

Hello,

I was wondering why my video has these two thin vertical black stripes on each side...the original one doesn't have that. Can you explain me why this happens?

And another doubt that just came up, when I state the video length (e.g. 3:01 min) in 'Description' it turns into some link for that section of the video. Is this supposed to happen?

Appreciate your attention.

Link: vimeo.com/64559963

João Pedro Bexiga

João Pedro Bexiga

But it's compressed according to those settings, what did I miss?

Total Wine & More

Total Wine & More PRO

Hi i have been having the same problem you fixed one off our videos but the other in the link was never touched. I am resending the link to have it fixed. We use presets for vimeo in HD. I sent multiple links in a previous request but only one link was repaired

Link: vimeo.com/totalwine/review/58707764/5a982356f5

Mark

Mark Staff

There's unfortunately a database issue with this clip page and our engineers aren't able to determine whether this can be fixed or not until tomorrow. If it's super urgent, I suggest deleting this video and re-uploading a fresh version. Sorry about that!

Total Wine & More

Total Wine & More PRO

I can wait on this video. It was when we replaced it a few days ago that the pillarboxing started. If your team is on it i will let you handle it so my reupload does not exacerbate the situation. thank you again fir your help

Mark

Mark Staff

Wait, i'm talking about the video being in SD, no HD. There's no pillarboxing on that video. Can you confirm that the issue is just that it's playing in SD quality?

Total Wine & More

Total Wine & More PRO

When we tried to watch it the video looks like it pillarboxed but also zoomed in and cropped the video.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, it looks like some of the clips in that video are pillar boxed because they are different resolutions than 1280x720 and consequently needed to be pillar boxed to fit in the time line that you were editing in.

Total Wine & More

Total Wine & More PRO

I understand that there are sections in the clip that are low res videos placed into the video, but the content that I know was HD was not playing properly. Does the few pillarboxed clips cause a problem on your system? Even though they were part of an hd sequence did the clip once uploaded get modified because your system saw the pillar boxing? I am just asking because I need to let our clients know so that I can avoid causing future problems. Thank you for fixing the video. The parts in HD are now playing correctly.

Mark

Mark Staff

We don't modify any of the clips after they're uploaded.

João Pedro Bexiga

João Pedro Bexiga

How can I compress my video according to your guidelines and at the same time downsize it to under 500MB? Originally it has 1GB. Please help me.

Link: vimeo.com/64559963

Mark

Mark Staff

You'd have to make your bitrate lower than what we recommend

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.