Steve Cosmic

Steve Cosmic

Hi,
I have an 82 minute feature and would love to sell it on VOD. However, I am reluctant to spend the $199 for the upgrade, to learn later they won't stream it.

It is a bikini movie, and some might say it is not a "real movie" or whatever. But it is very entertaining, and it has wide appeal. How can I find out if it can be approved for VOD before I spend the $199? The version via the link is low res, "wrecked" with titles etc, with minor flaws for promo and evaluation only. Thanks, Steve
PS: Feedback welcome!

Link: youtube.com/watch?v=ZNT8M-304xw

Steve Cosmic

Steve Cosmic

Hi Ian,
thank you thank you! I realize you haven't had time to watch it all, but it is all similar.

I shall fix the minor flaws and upload in the next day or two. Thanks again, Steve

Steve Cosmic

Steve Cosmic

oh, one more question, can it go under "comedy"...... there are many funny looks from the sidelines, and some funny antics.

frankly, I think it is the only category it could go in????

Steve Cosmic

Steve Cosmic

Can anyone tell me, ball park, how long it will take to upload a H.264 movie at 10,000 kbps, 1080p, if it is 82 minutes long? I know it will be long to upload, but over 10 hours, over 20? More? I want to stay under 15 hours if possible. Thank you. Steve

Mark

Mark Staff

Depending on your internet connection and the file size, it could take 15 minutes or it could take 2 days. I really cannot give an estimate, sorry.

Steve Cosmic

Steve Cosmic

Hi Mark or Ian,
I have uploaded my 82 minute movie and it seems to play OK etc. However, I have completely lost the page where I can upload a trailer for it, and some behind the scenes stuff, and a poster.!!! I have looked and looked and looked, with no luck finding such a page, though I know I saw it before! Please help, it was very frustrating to look and look and not find it. Thank you very much. Steve

Steve Cosmic

Steve Cosmic

Hi again Ian,
I was able to upload a poster pic, but unable to upload the trailer I just made. on the VOD settings/videos page, I see UPLOAD A VIDEO under "trailer", but when I click on it, nothing happens.

same when I click on UPLOAD A VIDEO under "extra features". Is something wrong at your end?

would a work around be to upload the trailer (and extra features video when I get it made) through the regular upload page, and then "choose from existing videos" would that work? thanks, Steve

Steve Cosmic

Steve Cosmic

hi,
I did the work around that I thought of and it worked. I love the quality of the videos.

one thing, it is not showing up under VOD "comedy". does it take a while for this to happen? Did I do everything right to make it show up under VOD Comedy? I have my fingers crossed for outstanding sales! It is a FUN movie! Thanks more. Steve

Steve Cosmic

Steve Cosmic

Hi Ian,
I see some trailer views overnight but no sales. A question and a comment.....

will it get listed under comedy? Right now it seems hard to find.

Second, you will get a lot more VOD traffic if you will put "NEW! Vimeo On Demand" beside "Watch"

This eliminates one step to find the VOD page. I am 65 with 40 years of marketing experience. I made my first website in 1999. I can say positively, this will help increase your VOD sales for sure. I suggest you pass this idea around with your associates. It costs nothing to make this simple change, and you will see the results instantly.

One last thing, I somehow stumbled upon a way to change the picture for my movie, by using the slider under the video to find a frame to freeze. I can't find that page again. If you can direct me to that page, I will appreciate it. Also, can I also change the picture that appears for my trailer? Right now it is a random screen shot grab, which is not the best.
Thanks, Steve

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.