Gail Schmidt

Gail Schmidt PRO

The more I read about mobile access I'm afraid the more confused I get. I have a Pro account. We are setting up password protected portfolios. I have the setting for mobile devices check marked. Do I have to do more to be accessible on a smart phone? I have no problem accessing on a computer or my ipad. i don't have any kind of smart phone. I asked a friend with an Android to test and she can get to the portfolio link but the password (she is inputting correctly) just takes her back to the password page. She can watch other Vimeo videos on her Android but they do not require passwords. I do not know her model phone. Is there something else I should be doing on my end or is the password an issue?
Thanks

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Gail, there's probably a setting on your friend's Android phone that is preventing access. To access password-protected content the browser needs to allow cookies to be set.

Can you link me to your Portfolio so I can check?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Gail, I tested your portfolio on an Android device and an iPhone 4 and had no problem playing back videos. You should be all set :)

Gail Schmidt

Gail Schmidt PRO

Tommy thank you SO much! I just wanted to make sure that I could honestly tell our students that our videos could be accessed by a smart phone. Is that how I would word it? I am totally ignorant when it comes to these cell phones.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Haha! Yes, "smartphones" is correct. Let us know if you have any more trouble!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.