SD AERIAL MEDIA

SD AERIAL MEDIA PRO

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do aerial real estate property tour video's and all too often I hear from people that the video is stuttering and isn't paying back smoothly. The music that is on the video is playing fine, but the film is not. I use final cut pro 10 and the footage is playing great when it leaves my computer, but during vimeo playback I am often getting issues. I have uploaded in 720 and 1080 and both have issues. This is a big problem for me because my videos are listed on the MLS and if it stutters, people are most likely going to exit the video.
Everything normally works well on my computer when I watch on vimeo, but I have been on many a computer where the video doesn't play back correctly. Perhaps I am doing something wrong during the upload. Here is a link to a video I posted 2 days ago. I was told this video had stuttering issues. sdaerialmedia.com/mls130024624/

Thank you.
Garrett

Link: sdaerialmedia.com/mls130024624/

Mark

Mark Staff

Please take a look here vimeo.com/help/faq/video#stuttering - In regards to step #5, please note that reporting this will not immediately effect playback. This can take many months, please report slow playback via those instructions every time you experience it.

brianpeiris

brianpeiris

I've always had this problem with Vimeo. YouTube and other streaming sites are almost always fast but Vimeo playback is choppy 80% of the time and it has been for years. You guys need to own this problem instead of just directing people to the FAQs.

I'm sure there are tons of ways to solve it and Vimeo's techies obviously know more about buffering algorithms, video encoding, cache servers, etc. than I do. So it's odd to see that you just deny users' complaints about it. You should be collecting automatic metrics to inform yourself of how often people have to wait for buffering.

Your FAQ suggests that users should pause the video and wait for it to buffer. What is this, 1999? Here's an idea: If your player detects that the buffer is empty, pause the video, double the buffer size, let the buffer fill and then resume playback. If it's choppy again, double the buffer a second time! Have the computer do the work for us instead of having us click to pause.

brianpeiris

brianpeiris

P.S. Have you noticed that the original poster has switched to YouTube to host their videos? Nice going Vimeo.

aceandace

aceandace Plus

Yes, I am soooo tired of Vimeo playing back the audio but skipping parts of the video! Get it right, please! First of all, that is not the way I created the film, and secondly my customers are complaining. I agree with Brian. Vimeo must own this problem, cause it's a big problem for professional users. How can one present a film to a client if what they see is completely different to what we created? If there is not enough bandwidth to play the video smoothly in the quality chosen, please make the video stop completely and continue ONLY when it's ready to do so properly! Don't get me wrong, I like Vimeo which has a much more professional appeal and control than YouTube, but this is driving me insane...

Mark

Mark Staff

In the Flash player, right click on it and choose "Report slow playback" - this will send all relevant information to our CDN who then can try to work and resolve the issue.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.