Distant Shores

Distant Shores PRO

A few of my VOD customers have complained about the video quality of the latest 2 of my movies. They are apparently seeing a low-VHS quality movie 148MB. I have uploaded these latest movies in my VOD channel at 720X1280 - 900MB/24 minutes (previous were 1080i 1900MB files which were too huge for everyone to handle).

How do my customers access the higher quality versions of the movie? Is there something in settings I should be looking at?

Thanks,

Paul

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/distantshorestv9

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Hmm, it looks like your VOD videos are playing in HD for me. Could you please provide me with the names of the videos in question?

Distant Shores

Distant Shores PRO

Thanks Derek!

Its the latest 2 in this series

Canaries/Atlantic Rally for Cruisers Start - Distant Shores Season 9-7
and
Atlantic Rally for Cruisers - Distant Shores Season 9-8

Paul

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Both of these videos played in HD for me. I would ask them to clear cache in their web browser and take another look. Or try opening an alternate web browser to view the videos.

Distant Shores

Distant Shores PRO

Hi Again Derek,

I think the problem is with downloading the movie. I have tested this myself and find the same problem. When I download the movie it is just a 150MB file and much lower quality than the 900MB file I uploaded. My paying VOD customers need access to the high quality version.

Thanks

Paul

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hey Paul, looks like you found another bug for us! I'll pass this along to the developers, thanks!

Jason Redeker

Jason Redeker

When I download the the latest two episodes they are roughly 450mb. They cut out part way through the episode, like mid sentence. Noticeably lower resolution as well.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Sorry about that! We are currently working on resolving this issue.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Paul, this issue should now be resolved - can you please give it a shot on your end and confirm? Thanks!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.