EvolvHealth

EvolvHealth PRO

We are developing a site a have a single Vimeo video embedded on the page to test functionality. The video is not loading on both Android and iOS devices. All software and OS are up to date, we have mobile versions of the testing video and we are a Vimeo PRO subscriber.

We even went as far as to load a new video after we turned the Mobile Video Creation on again in the Settings.

Looks like there is a current bug out there but these videos used to play on mobile. What's up?

Please HELP...On a tight deadline here.

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you link me to the video that isn't working, please?

EvolvHealth

EvolvHealth PRO

I have it hidden from Vimeo because I do not want it to be available outside of the page we are embedding it on. I just made it visible again so you can trouble shoot. Is having it hidden an issue?

vimeo.com/71026938

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

Having your video hidden from vimeo.com shouldn't change anything regarding embedded playback.

Indeed, we are having an issue with embedded playback on Android 4.0+ and Windows Phone devices: vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:101891. We hope to have this fixed very soon.

We are not aware of any issues with embedded playback on iOS devices. Please link me to the exact page on your site where you attempted to embed your video (along with any necessary login information) and I will take a look.

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

I see the issue now. Please use the iFrame embed code instead. This should fix the issue.

EvolvHealth

EvolvHealth PRO

I thought I was using the iFrame embed code. See below for the code I am using (I removed the beginning and ending carrots so the forum would accept it. Let me know if there is another place or code I should be using. THANKS

iframe id="player1" src="player.vimeo.com/video/71026938?api=1&player_id=player1"; width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen>

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

It appears that your site has a number of different elements overlapping between the JavaScript and CSS that I wouldn't be surprised if there is something blocking the video from your mobile site. Please contact your webmaster and have them take a look.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.