Maindec

Maindec PRO

I have put a Vimeo video inside an iFrame. When I try and play the embedded video when using the Webroot web proxy filter it gives me the error "This video cannot be played with your current setup". However other embedded Vimeo videos play via Webroot without a problem. If I bypass Webroot then it plays ok. The video will also play correctly on Vimeo through Webroot when not embedded. I am not sure whether this is a Vimeo or Webroot issue. Problem message appears in Chrome, if using IE the video just doesn't start playing and gives no error message. Can you help?

Link: maindec.com/about-maindec/meet-a-maindec-customer.aspx

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Unfortunately this issue isn't occurring on our end. We recommend you contact Webroot for more information. Sorry about that.

WhiteFlair Productions

WhiteFlair Productions PRO

I have started having this same problem, and on a different server, host, the whole shabang.
I think it is vimeos problem, as when you reupload it and get a new embed code, it works. Also, the people I have contacted said it sounds like a vimeo problem.

Try reuploading the video!

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

HI there, this sounds like an inconsistency arising from some new player features we are testing. Please check here for more information: vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:106983

These issues should be resolved as we work on rolling out these new player features. Thanks!

WhiteFlair Productions

WhiteFlair Productions PRO

I know you can't really give a time, and thats fine, I wont hold you to an estimate, but:
Do you think this will be something that can be fixed in a few days, or more like a few months?

Thanks!

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Unfortunately we have no ETA as to when this will be fixed. Please hang in there while we work out the kinks! Thanks.

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate Staff

Hi Joshua, could you provide us with a link to your site? Also, is this happening in a specific browser / OS?

Aamby Valley City

Aamby Valley City

Sorry for late,
I am Using Firefox v 19.0.2, Chrome Version 29.0.1547.66 m and Operating System Windows XP

Digital Mommie

Digital Mommie

I got this issue as well. My video user (from a membership site I manage) just reported that some of the videos can't be played. It run inconsistently (some videos can be played and some videos can't) The error message: "This video can't be played with your current setup." She played with used Firefox and has tried to install Chrome, but the problem remains.

This is the first user complaint about the videos.

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate Staff

Hi there, could you find out from this viewer:

• The OS they're running
  • If the browser is up-to-date
  • A link to the specific page where they're seeing this
Digital Mommie

Digital Mommie

Andrew:
- She run on Windows 7
- Yes, she even download and install a fresh Chrome
- It's videos in a membership site (in a close area). As I mentioned in my previous post, other members do not face this problem. I never have this issue in the last 6 months. I guess it's a consistency problem which I do not know why it happens & how to handle.

Regarding your question, is the OS & browser imply to this issue? If so, what is the minimal or suggested specification (OS & browser, etc) to run Vimeo videos?

Need your assistance to solve this issue. Thanks.

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate Staff

Can you have that user go to get.adobe.com/flash and download the latest version of Flash and see if that fixes the issue? If not, can you have them email support@vimeo.com so that we can try and ask them for further details?

Digital Mommie

Digital Mommie

ok I'll ask her to do that.
I will give you update.

Thanks

Benjamin Broad

Benjamin Broad Plus

Hi,
I'm having a similar problem:
Some videos won't play (others do) while embedded. (See: phoenixproductions.tv/videos_2012.html). This problem affects me on OSX 10.7.5 using Firefox (23.0.1) and Chrome (29.0.1547.65), however, the videos will play on my iPad Mini (6.1.3).
All videos were playing when originally uploaded.
I've tried re-uploading the file; replacing the file; following the recommended settings (except I can't export as High Profile h264 - have to use Main). The file "Mrs Carey's Concert" is 1080p, I've tried as standard def and it worked.

Ben.

Link: phoenixproductions.tv/videos_2012.html

Benjamin Broad

Benjamin Broad Plus

All videos are playing today.
Working in Firefox and Chrome on OSX 10.7.5.
Also works iPad Mini 6.1.3.

B.

Matthew Kenney

Matthew Kenney PRO

I am having this same error message with an embedded video that was working previously. What is the quickest way to get this resolved? This is the video: vimeo.com/55756077

Thanks

Matthew Kenney

Matthew Kenney PRO

The video is embedded in a private site that requires a login, is there any other information I can provide you to help get this resolved?

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you please direct me to where your Vimeo video is embedded on your site? Thanks.

Gustavo Luiz

Gustavo Luiz Plus

My videos are on a members site has no way to pass the link here

Cursos7

Cursos7 Plus

Got the same problem. Solved replacing the video file.

Hope it doesn't spread to my entire video base, almost 600.

Link: cursos7.com.br

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.