Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Grace, which operating system(s) are you using when you notice this error?

Avant Mutual Group

Avant Mutual Group PRO

I also get this issue: Window 7 SP1 64bit Intel Core i5
It's a quite annoying error, as it doesn't provide any advice on what to do or how to work around the issue.

Grace Teng

Grace Teng

Zena, I'm using OS X 10.8.4. The embedded video is working for me at the moment so I'm not sure what it is. It could be something unrelated to Vimeo.

Daniel

Daniel Plus

I have the same problem with some embedded videos. I'm on OSX 10.8.4 and have tried on Chrome, Safari and Firefox. Chrome is the only one giving the error message, but the others will not play the videos.

Daniel

Daniel Plus

I sent an email to the support as I want to keep the site private.

Daniel

Daniel Plus

My email have still not been attended to and the problem is still there - not only on Chrome.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

It looks like we responded to your email 15 days ago. Could you try checking the spam filter?

Yannis Zafeiriou

Yannis Zafeiriou Plus

I have a similar problem. Lately in chrome (I have Chrome Version 29.0.1547.66 m), embedded videos from vimeo into other sites, playback the audio, but NOT the video, no matter how I try to work around it.

Cleared cache, cookies, enabled Flash (always allow) etc. but nothing works... I am including just one of many urls that seem to have that same issue.

This is particularly worrisome to me, because I embed my vimeo videos to other sites all the time, and the possibility other people too can't watch them, makes me reconsider my choice of vimeo as my default video-sharing site for displaying my work.

Please help!

Link: yanniszafeiriou.com/showreel.html

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.