Minfarm

Minfarm Plus

Hi,

I have an issue on Windows 7 with IE9 where some embedded videos appear and other do not. All video's work fine on every other operating + browser setup.

If you look at minfarm.se/jamtland/ the video does not display. If you look at minfarm.se/annas-blogg-del-1 the video does display. The code i use on my side to include Vimeo video's is taken from a function i created so this is exactly the same whenever i try to embed a Vimeo video. I have also tried loading the broken video on the same page the video that works is on to make sure its not some plugin on the page that is causing a conflict but i get the same behaviour.

In my Vimeo account i have compared all the settings for the video that does work against a video that does not work and everything seems to be setup the same. Does anyone know what video setting on Vimeo could cause behaviour like this?

Thanks
Ronan

Link: minfarm.se/jamtland/

Minfarm

Minfarm Plus

Bump! Still looking for a solution to this.

Thanks

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Ronan, sorry for the delay! We're on a holiday weekend here in the States, so our support is limited -- we'll be able to test this as soon as we're back in the office tomorrow. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Minfarm

Minfarm Plus

Hi Tommy,

Have you an update on this issue yet?

Thanks,
Ronan

Minfarm

Minfarm Plus

Hi Tommy,

Could someone give me an update about this issue please?

Thanks,
Ronan

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

Sorry Ronan! We're not able to replicate your issue on our end -- your videos appear perfectly fine on IE9 on Windows 7 (and all other browsers). Could you perhaps clear your cache and cookies, then take another look?

If that doesn't work, you should consider updating to IE10.

Minfarm

Minfarm Plus

I finally got a solution to this issue. I had been testing on Virtualised versions of Windows 9 and they didnt have Flash Player installed. When a video is embedded on a website no error message is displayed. When i tried to play the video's directly on the Vimeo website it gave me an error saying that my system did not support native h.264 video output and that i should install Flash player.

As one of the video's did work even without Flash player having been installed i think it must have been uploaded with a different video codec to the others that doesn't require h.264 support.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.