SugarEd Productions

SugarEd Productions PRO

hi guys, my videos are embedded behind a paywall and I have a customer saying they are not playing right on her blackberry. I asked for OS version, browser version, etc but this is the response I got : "Hi, my phone uses a blackberry7 operating system not sure about version but the videos are playing and i can listen along but the pictures remains perfectly still and does not show at all."

Are there any known problems with blackberries and can you offer any help?

Thanks

Link: sugaredproductions.com

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Sharon, we're constantly making upgrades to our site and video player, but unfortunately older devices such as an older Blackberry 7 phone may not be compatible with modern web standards that Vimeo uses. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Mark

Mark Staff

Although we do not officially provide support or develop for Blackberry devices, it may work, yes.

SugarEd Productions

SugarEd Productions PRO

oh while i am asking, are there any other unsupported devices? is there a list? if i know thEM, I can tell customers without having to bother you guys each time. :)

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We don't have a list of unsupported devices, but rest assured that most all major mobile OS platforms (iOS, Android) are compatible with Vimeo.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Newer Blackberry devices should be fine (I believe the underlying browser engine is Webkit, which is the same engine that powers Safari and Chrome).

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.