PurpleMonky

PurpleMonky PRO

Hi,

I'm just encountering an issue when I upload thumbnails for my videos. It uploads but then gives a green overlay on top the image, making it discoloured. When I refresh the page, for a split second it will appear to be normal then the green overlay will apply itself. Do you have a clue why this could be happening and how I could fix it?

Thanks!

Links: purpleribbonweddings.com.au/wedding-videos/brad-and-tobey/, purpleribbonweddings.com.au/wedding-videos/andrew-and-rosie/

Mark

Mark Staff

Is it a 72dpi JPG image? Can you upload the original thumbnail to ge.tt and post a link back to it here so I can take a look at what it should look like?

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I have passed your report along to our developers, who are investigating this issue. Thank you for your patience while we take a closer look. Thanks!

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Our developers have reported back to me on this issue. It sounds like your thumbnail image contains an embedded ICC (color) profile that cannot be deciphered correctly by Flash. (You'll note that the thumbnail displays correctly in the HTML5 player.)

The solution would be to open your image in a program that can read the profile (like Photoshop), then save the image as a PNG image. PNG images cannot contain color profiles.

If you experience further difficulty, please contact us using the form at vimeo.com/help/contact. Cheers!

PurpleMonky

PurpleMonky PRO

Thanks for that! That didn't actually fix the issue but you were right it was the colour profile. Thanks for your help! I've managed to get it all fixed now :)

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.