Scott Clark

Scott Clark

I have two videos on my vimeo plus account. I played them on a slow pc and was interested if I'd get better playback by switching to 720, so I switched it from 1080 to 720. It didn't, and I decided not to worry, given most will watch it on faster systems and Macs which are able to display 1080. However, both videos in the video player are now stuck on the sd version, the hd button isn't even visible anymore, and when I go to my video profile in settings, the "Upgrade this Video" tab won't let me select 1080. It's stuck on 720, but won't play 720 because the video player doesn't even show the hd option. Please help!

Link: vimeo.com/71521213

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

I am reconverting your video at this time. Could you please link me to the other video as well? Thanks.

Scott Clark

Scott Clark

I see now the longboard video has the hd option in the video player. However, when I go into my video settings, it won't let me change from 720 to 1080. Both that option and the "Upgrade this Video" button are greyed out and non-selective. Thanks for your help!

Mark

Mark Staff

I can try and create a new 1080 version for you, would you like me to do that?

Scott Clark

Scott Clark

Yes, that would be awesome. Will it be using the original 1080 file I uploaded? Also, I assume the "Upgrade Video" option will work when that takes effect? Thanks Mark!

Mark

Mark Staff

Okay, it looks like as of 16 hours ago the 1080p file is available.

Scott Clark

Scott Clark

I do see the firstyearteacher video available in 1080p for download, however it still won't let me upgrade it on my video settings page to 1080 from 720. The option is completely greyed out. The other video (vimeo.com/71521213) is still in 720, the 1080 version isn't available, either for download or to upgrade. I don't understand why the 1080 version disappeared just because I downgraded it to 720.

Mark

Mark Staff

That unfortunately is just the way that feature works. Once it's downgraded, it cannot be re-upgraded. Unfortunately we no longer have your source file so I cannot custom created a 1080p file for this video.

Scott Clark

Scott Clark

Are both source files gone? They aren't preserved as part of the account? If I re-upload them, it's over a week long process because both are over 4gb and I have the Plus restrictions in force. Is the advertised 1080p for Plus true 1080 or a faux 1080, just an uprez of the 720 version? It's not that I mind uploading again, it's only that I was looking to send this out as part of an application as soon as possible. Is there any way I can have the 5gb restriction lifted, just this once. I never would have downrezzed had I known.

Scott Clark

Scott Clark

Awesome, with that in mind, I re-uploaded the teacher documentary and was wondering if I could re-upload the other piece right after it instead of waiting another week? As I said, I never would have downrezzed if I'd known it would kick out the 1080p version. I would really appreciate it, I've been an avid watcher on vimeo for many years now and also appreciate your prompt customer service. Thanks for your help.

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

Sorry, but we can't increase your quota even for a temporary period.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.