Jack Whiteley

Jack Whiteley Plus

I've just uploaded my latest video to find that it plays back with weird colour blotches during the opening shot - a kind of green then red discolouration. It only happens during the opening shot.

I've tried re-uploading it a few times but the same thing keeps happening. The original file I'm uploading definitely doesn't have this issue so I'm assuming it's happening during Vimeo compression.

I compressed it using Adobe Media Encoder using the the "Vimeo HD 1080p 25" preset settings. The only thing I changed was the target bit rate which I bumped up from 5 to 25.

Please help!

Link: vimeo.com/74096025

Jack Whiteley

Jack Whiteley Plus

I've recompressed the video and brought down the bit rate to just under 20 which is within your guidelines for 1920x1080 videos and yet still the problem exists.

Please see for yourself here:
vimeo.com/74119464
password: fixed

The video is due for its premiere tomorrow so I really need to get this one sorted ASAP. Any further help would be much appreciated!

Jack Whiteley

Jack Whiteley Plus

Hey I tried re-compressing it using Apple Compressor, same settings, but still the problem exists.

Jack Whiteley

Jack Whiteley Plus

Ok I've updated my Flash player, should I now re-compress and re-upload the video or should the existing one on Vimeo now work properly?

Jack Whiteley

Jack Whiteley Plus

Sorry guys but after doing exactly what you said the issue still exists!

I really need to get this sorted ASAP. Any other ideas?

vimeo.com/74281646
password: test

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

We'll keep looking into this. Thanks for your continued patience.

Jack Whiteley

Jack Whiteley Plus

My flash version is 11.8.800.168 which according to that link is the highest it can be, there is no 11.9. Please can you explain what you mean by 11.9?

How do I know that I'm activating it properly in my plugins?

Here's a link to the screenshots:
ge.tt/67w3Z0s?c

Jack Whiteley

Jack Whiteley Plus

So what this is implying, correct me if I'm wrong, is that all viewers of this video will see these discolouration blotches unless they have the beta version of Flash installed? So that's most people then.

Are you aware that anyone else has had this problem? Does YouTube require Flash because I uploaded the video there just as a test and it didn't have this problem?

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there, you are correct: viewers of the video will see the discoloration unless they upgrade to Flash version 11.9. Flash will eventually release this as their official production version, so eventually most everyone should be upgraded to Flash version 11.9.

To my knowledge, YouTube does utilize a Flash player, but I cannot verify the specifics of their system. I'd be happy to take a look at your video on YouTube, if you have a link available. Please send it to us via email at vimeo.com/help/contact and add "Assign to Zena" in your message.

Thanks!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.