Paul Reid

Paul Reid

Yes, I'm quite familiar with this:
vimeo.com/help/faq/watching-videos/playback-issues

I have a brand new 27' Apple iMac with the latest updates to OS and browsers.
My Comcast connection is not business class, but a couple grades higher than the baseline package. I view Youtube videos in 1080 just fine.
Vimeo is so slow, I can't even see a "grey buffer."

I am unable to watch a video that I just rented.

Link: vimeo.com/ondemand/490/55015914

Mark

Mark Staff

Are you on wifi or a hard wired connection?

Mark

Mark Staff

Ahh.. I see the issue. You can't plug your internet into your cat. You need a modem.

Mark

Mark Staff

Just kidding. Sorry. Anyway, are you noticing a difference between browsers? Or is this happening everywhere? Also, is the issue with just VOD or all videos on Vimeo?

Paul Reid

Paul Reid

You mean I had to go through six cats to realize they won't help my internet connection? My kids will never forgive me.

The video is playing better today. Perhaps this was because I was trying to watch during a peak time of day when there are more users on Vimeo. But this is still an ongoing issue that I have only with Vimeo (VOD or otherwise). When I can view videos just fine in Youtube, but simultaneously NOT view videos on Vimeo, it tells me the problem is likely with Vimeo's infrastructure. Videos frequently cannot buffer and though I wait for even a minute, sometimes I never see the "grey buffer." I'll try comparing the download speed among different browsers next time I have a problem. Currently I use Chrome.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.